jdad-enabled house-pistol...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

jdad-enabled house-pistol...

Post by AJMD429 »

The Vortex Spitfire he sold me fits just perfect on my petite (for an 'AR') little 300 Blackout, shown with 20-round magazine.
99CB19CA-22BB-43FB-BCED-2DB3A6B3E9AE.jpeg
With the extra riser, it’s it’s just high enough to look over the Streamlight flashlight/green laser. That also seems to be about the right height for the ‘chin weld’ that I would use if I < gasp > happened to touch the rifle with my shoulder.

The Spitfire has an etched reticle consisting of two concentric circles that is always visible even with no battery, and the reticle plus a central tiny dot can be illuminated with either green or red light as desired.

It is easy to maneuver in small places, easy to shoot one handed, and with the laser and light, easy to shoot from an awkward position when you can’t get a site picture. Having the laser above the barrel axis should mean that if I use it at longer ranges I get a bullet trajectory close to the laser line for a longer distance, and more close to the optic sight line. I’ll have to experiment with the subsonic loads I have, but my goal would be to have the Point Blank range for keeping in a four-inch circle be out as far as possible.

Even unsuppressed it’s not awful to the ears when you use subsonics, and suppressed it’s not bad at all.

The package is quite a bit smaller than its predecessor, which does have 45° back up sites since it’s optic doesn’t have an etched reticle, and the arm brace is much bulkier, plus I put a folding stock adapter on it that would probably be more useful on a carbine.

FD06404D-6DCE-458F-8628-60034CE1BB56.jpeg

...add a 40-round drum, a Mystic suppressor, and extend the arm brace, and you have a real fighting carbine... :mrgreen:
348CBA7F-ACC6-4D40-B40E-F40AAF6D005F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: jdad-enabled house-pistol...

Post by jdad »

I knew someone would find a good use for it.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thats really set up nice.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Love the Vortex Spitfire......

Hey - even Autumn has one - https://youtu.be/-eVuUtVldS4?t=355 - 8) :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

[quote=AJMD429 post_id=889622 time=1600475281 user_id=313

the right height for the ‘chin weld’ that I would use if I < gasp > happened to touch the rifle with my shoulder.

[/quote]

Im perplexed—- all i see in this post are “pistols”. :lol: :lol:
----- Doug