Ruger Wrangler range notes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Ruger Wrangler range notes

Post by wecsoger »

For those living under a rock (you know who you are), Ruger has brought out an inexpensive .22LR single action

I'll wait while you go research it.

Cast frame, steel cylinder and barrel, Cerrakote finish - not blued.

Comes in flat black, silver (sort of) and really ugly (to me) bronze.

Most store pricing is around $200

I contributed to the firearm buying frenzy by picking one up couple weeks ago. Got the black one.

Finally got it to the range.

Wow.

First thing I noticed is how 'solid' it feels, just like a real gun.

Yes I realize it is a real gun, but at this price point I expected a little cheapness.

No time for a rest, but blasted away a couple cylinders. Elevation good, a little bit to the left.

Recoil pretty much non-existent.

Function 100% of course.

Niceties - transfer bar safety so load six; cylinder spins both ways; cylinder countersunk for cartridge rims.

Mine has a small Cerrakote run on the top frame. I can deal.

Of course it has the standard single action groove and front blade site, so we're not talking a target gun.

My only complaint is the loading gate spring is very assertive and takes effort to swing it out.

If you like blue steel and wood grips, get a Ruger Single Six - at three times the price.

Holsters, etc. for Single Six are supposed to fit the Wrangler. I haven't tried that yet but they look of the same size.

So for a super fun little camp or truck gun, here ya go, I can recommend one.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Ruger Wrangler range notes

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting, I've been interested in those Wranglers since Ruger announced them, I don't know why being as my government won't let me have one.. :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I can get one for about what it costs to my have my late grandmother's Single Six factory reblued. Might do both eventually
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Be interested to hear your report when you have had a chance to put it on paper and find the ammo it likes.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've never known Ruger to make an unworthy gun...maybe not popular but they are the best "meat and potatoes" guns ever made.

Pop off the grip frame and trigger guard and you will be able to get to the innards.....polish up the loading gate bearing surfaces and either clip 1/4 coil off the spring or replace it with a reduced power spring....-----006
Model A Uzi’s
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

I'm with sixgun on the Ruger train! Never had a bad one and I've had plenty: bolt action and single shot CF rifles, SxS and O/U shotguns, .22 autos, DA and SA RF and CF revolvers.

Still have an Old Model Bearcat, a New Model Bisley Blackhawk .357 w/original 7 1/2"barrel, a 2 3/4" Police Service Six .357, a stainless fixed sight GP-100 .38 Spl., a blue half-lug .357 GP-100, and a 1957 "Standard Model" .22 auto, Bill Ruger's original work of genius. The Bisley and the half-lug GP were my tree stand "deer rifles" for almost 20 years when I lived in upstate NYS. Also a No. 1A .243, a 12 guage "Gold Label SxS, and a 28 bore "Red Label" O/U. Great values all of them, bought used with the exception of the "Gold Label" which was a retirement gift from my brother (I was struck silent--for once-- by this. He even got me one of those with an American-style PG stock, knowing that I hate the trendy straight-gripped style. Do I shoot it? darn straight; the first shot ever out of that gun dumped a big NYS cornfield rooster!).

American-style guns made HERE. It doesn't get any better than that.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have one of those Heritage .22 lr revolvers. It has that hammer block safety. How do you think the Wrangler compares to them?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost