Taking a break from the EBRs at the range. '95 SRC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Taking a break from the EBRs at the range. '95 SRC

Post by 2ndovc »

First time out with the '95 SRC, .30-06 and a couple .357s.

My other '95 carbine shoots very well with Sierra 125 gr. Game King bullets, took my first deer with that combination. The new one shoots about 8' low and groups around 6" at 50 yds. It does shoot just about dead on and capable of some very nice groups with Sierra 165 gr. GKs. Once I settled in I put three rounds into 1 3/4" , with the first two stretching it out to 3". Still pretty respectable for the ladder sights that are on it and less than great sight picture. But they're cool! :D
Took along my S&W 327 and Ruger Speed Six .357s for some fun. Hitting the 24" gong at 50 yds is a piece of cake with either one of these.
I wanted to burn up some old handloads my uncle gave me, label on the box is dated 1974! They all went off but some of them didn't make it all the way to the 50 yd steel. He gave me about 500 rounds of the stuff, I might just pull the bullets and throw them in the lead bucket.
Low 60s out this morning but another beautiful day at the range. :D

jb 8)
Last edited by 2ndovc on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Taking a break from the EBRs at the range.

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like a good day but then any day at the range is good day. Nice choice of shooting irons too... : 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Taking a break from the EBRs at the range. '95 SRC

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks! Looks like another nice week coming up as far as the weather goes.

jb 8)

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

To the Top.........haven't seen Jason post for along time. I hope He is well and hasn't got the covid. If You see this give us a holler . :) .
I sent Him a P.M.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one of the Miroku 95 carbines in 30/06 and love it.I also know of a 95 carbine in 303 brit in excellent plus condition but I don t have the $5000 they want for it😕
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm still breathing. Just busy with business and trying to finish up some projects with the good weather we had.
I did replace a S&W 625 Model of 1989 that I sold a long time ago and had regretted it ever since. I'll post a range report sometime
this week.

Stay healthy out there.

jb 8)

shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

Love that 95. I have one just like it but I am missing the handguard. Found a reproduction for it but not sure how easy it will be to match it up.
I did have mine out the other day. I was shooting 165 gr deer loads out of it. All I have to say is if I am going to shoot it much at the range then I need to get a slip on kickpad or shoot 125 gr bullets too. I have not had a gun hurt like that in many years. Still I really love it. I have a 30-40 too. I thought I had some ammo for it but all I had was primed brass. Have the dies just need to get the reloader set up.
1895 2.jpg
1895 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

They do get your attention when they go off. I picked up this one missing the handguard as well but I just happened to have one in my stash box of Winchester parts. I'd bought it about 20 years ago at a show and my dad thought I was crazy for spending $70 on a little piece of wood. Well it finally found a home. My other '06 SRC has been a long time favorite hunting and hiking companion and the first Winchester I'd bought on my own. The '95s have always been my favorites.

jb 8)

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I love those 95s. I have a Browning in .30-06 that I have never fired. It is in sporting configuration. I suppose I don't really need the gun as I have yet to do anything with it. First world problems.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad Your back Jason. Great rifles. have You shot the Russian-contract one much.? My dad had one of the Mosin-Nagant rifles when I was a kid.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

.45colt wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm Glad Your back Jason. Great rifles. have You shot the Russian-contract one much.? My dad had one of the Mosin-Nagant rifles when I was a kid.
The Russian Contract is a blast to shoot. It shoots best with a 174 gr .313 that I use quite a bit for my .303s, but is still about 3" high at 100 yds. If I remember right, the original bullet was around 203 gr. I haven't shot it much lately, probably should fix that. I need to make up some more handloads for it, the Russian surplus and imports are always a bit sketchy and too often corrosive.

jb 8)