A great new military museum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

A great new military museum

Post by jnyork »

A friend and I drove up to Dubois yesterday and spent about 4 hours in this museum. There is so much to see there that a person cant really absorb it all in one day. Over 400 military vehicles, tanks, artillery pieces, motorcycles etc, over 100 million spent and still building. The vast majority of the displays have been restored to their exact appearance and many of them are in running condition. Many educational dioramas and signs explaining the history of each piece. If you are in Wyoming or anywhere near it, if you have any interest AT ALL in things military, especially the WWII era, you owe it to yourself to make this a stop. Lodging is available in nearby Dubois.

https://www.nmmv.org/about.php
Ysabel Kid

Re: A great new military museum

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds great! WY is already on my list to visit when I retire. I hope the museum is still there then! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I too would love to see that 8) another one for the bucket list......
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Looks awesome!

There used to be a great military vehicle museum in Dundee Michigan, the owner was a WWII vet that had landed at Normandy. Sadly it closed up after he died.

One time while visiting when I was maybe 16 years old I was trying to look under a half track to look at the drivetrain and the owner walked over with a creeper and told me slide under! He then took me back to the shop and showed me a Kubelwagon he was in the process of restoring. Wonderful gentleman.

Eric