couple 30-30 ammo questions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

couple 30-30 ammo questions

Post by FLINT »

First, where is it? all of the sudden 30-30 ammo has vanished. is because of the pandemic, election, or hunting season? likely all 3 I guess. Midway has none at all, and my local store only had a couple boxes.

which brings me to my second question - of the super limited supply of 30-30 ammo that they did have, there was a couple boxes of MARLIN brand ammo. I took a quick peek at the rounds and they looked like rem corelokts. anyone hear about this before? they were in a blue box that said Marlin Lever action ammo or something like that. I thought it was strange.

ug, not looking forward to another ammo shortage cycle.
JimT
Shootist

Re: couple 30-30 ammo questions

Post by JimT »

FLINT wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:06 pm ug, not looking forward to another ammo shortage cycle.
The "ammo shortage cycle" has been in full swing for several months. Not just ammo but primers, powder etc. are all in short supply and non-existent in most places. That includes magazines and other components.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

it must have been late getting here then. I was just in the gun store a few weeks ago and everything was totally stocked. 22 ammo overflowing off the shelves. now almost all gone.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

The Marlin brand Ammo is celebrating Marlins 150th anniversary. I believe it to be Remington as the group that owns Marlin also owns Remington.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The smart man (nothing personal) buys when the shelves are full and the prices are low....this pertains not only to ammo and associated products, but food, water, medical supplies. ....blah blah...

Except for perishable goods...(and every then if you know how)....and other commodities such as gasoline.....(and even then if you know how)....if everyone kept a years supply of these necessities, along with money (yes, a years supply) there would be no need for prescribed nerve medicine......you can stay home and ride out the chaos and laugh, watch TV, read books, fanny burp, anything you like. Then you can go to the front window, pull your pants down and tell the whole world to KYA.-------006
Model A Uzi’s
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

That's all true..cept the majority of Americans couldn't put their hands on $1,000 cash for an emergency..No one, except us old guys , learned how to save a dime, worse yet, they spend 10% more then they make...
Like the shopaholic woman, "I can't be out of money, I still have checks!".....or now, mr. visa, lol
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

gcs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm That's all true..cept the majority of Americans couldn't put their hands on $1,000 cash for an emergency..No one, except us old guys , learned how to save a dime, worse yet, they spend 10% more then they make...
Like the shopaholic woman, "I can't be out of money, I still have checks!".....or now, mr. visa, lol
Yea , I agree, My younger brother has always made about three to four times more money then me , not counting what his wife brings home. He is always a day late and a doller short when it comes to money. Him and a few of my friends always buy now , pay later. Except, pay later never gets done! I own everything, lock, stock, and barrel. If I buy on time, I always pay the monthly payment times four if I can. That way it's paid off early and my credit rating stays up. Granted , some people don't have that option, but it's all about control. If you can't afford it! Don't buy it!. It helps that my wife is a miser, If I give her ten dollars, two weeks later she hands me twenty back. I've been called a Jew a few times because i'm frugal with money. Heck, One time my friend gave me a piece of coal, and told me if I stick it up my rump, in a weeks time it would come out a diamond. Thats how tight with money I am., My maternal grandfather was worse than me. Grandma asked him if she can have running water and a bathroom put in to their house, He said yes, provided that she paid for it!. Guess, what. she did! :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Sorry, my original intent wasn't clear.

I don't need 30-30 ammo. I have about 12 boxes of factory, about two more of reloads and enough component bullets for another 3 boxes.

I was simply surprised at its sudden disappeance. I get runs on 223, 308, 9mm, etc. but 30-30 seems an odd caliber to hoard. maybe not, I guess lots of people have 30-30s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am down to 4 pounds of IMR 3031, but I thought it was only two until I found 2 more I had hidden. Only about 500 bullets and a few hundred empty brass for the 30-30. Loaded rounds, well enough that I do not feel like loading up more right now.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

3031 is the best. I use it for 30-30, 32WS, 38-55, and 32-40.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Bullets I am gonna have bullets for whatever I need.
8BAEC1DB-1F7D-4AD4-9385-A064AACF25D2.jpeg
241701DD-69E3-40A4-822B-0ACC0DE9B180.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

FLINT wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:03 pm 3031 is the best. I use it for 30-30, 32WS, 38-55, and 32-40.

That should do for a couple of thousand rounds.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The last couple times this show was in the theater I paid attention.

I have several thousand .358 bullets in a variety of weights, 8lbs of W748, and "a few" primers, a half-dozen boxes of ammo in every caliber that I shoot. Two 1000rd cans of 5.56mm. A few thousand CCI Mini-Mags, 1500 .45ACP, 750 .357.

No worries.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.