how to pray for America?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

how to pray for America?

Post by Grizz »

this is how Hezekiah prayed when Israel was about to be overrun and overwhelmed by wicked riotous forces:
And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD. And Hezekiah prayed unto the LORD, saying, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth. Incline thine ear, O LORD, and hear; open thine eyes, O LORD, and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproach the living God. Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations, and their countries....., Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.
Does anyone see any correlation. Does anyone have a suggestion of what this might look like if we approach the LORD this way?

sincerely,
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: how to pray for America?

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) We need His help big time. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

When the Hebrew people of ancient Israel were in sync with their Lord, He protected them. When they turned from the Lord, they were defeated and sent into bondage.
I fear that the United States of America in 2020 is not in sync with anything -- and certainly not the Lord God.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

God judges nations as well as individuals. We will all receive judgement one day but, nations receive judgement in this World.
For more than forty years, we have offered daily human sacrifice on a scale that would have shocked the Aztecs.
More recently, we normalized sodomy AND equated it with matrimony. Something that Sodom and Gomorrah probably didn't do.
Then we discover that for all the years we have acquiesced to human sacrifice, we have also been complicit in the moral equivalent of cannibalism.
And still we subsidize the abortionists while they profit from the sale of human body parts.
As Thomas Jefferson said, "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I agree with Mr 765. There is certainly hell to pay... However Ninevah got a 200 year reprieve, and Israel got multiple reprieves before their judgement. Plus, it seems right to make intercession for the nation, even as the wheels come off.