GHE 16

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

GHE 16

Post by 6pt-sika »

Have a new to me pre 1898 Parker GHE 16 gauge 0 frame 26” gun coming . Think it’s leaving Ohio Thursday or Friday so hopefully I’ll have by next Tuesday .
C57B9021-8E52-44A5-AD9C-9DFE75EBCF42.jpeg
992810B3-6970-4569-9DCE-4C0F88873C46.jpeg
826512C3-E1F8-4E80-BEB3-2A99F2A5AAD6.jpeg
39AB97CD-58C0-4357-A7A7-35CAD3D5DE3F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: GHE 16

Post by 6pt-sika »

I already have a GH 16 on a 1 frame someone saw fit to trim the barrels an inch . This one letters as such . And yes this one and my other GH are Damascus barrels . This bad boy will get the call in the first couple days of dove season this year . The 28’s going opening day , but after that all bets are off :lol:
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

have to say it ...........

SWEET!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Nice score :D 26" may just be the perfect barrel length for doves, especially if hunting some thicker cover. I predict success. The birds are looking pretty slim here with no rain in months. Lucky I have a number of places to choose from, at least.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 pm Nice score :D 26" may just be the perfect barrel length for doves, especially if hunting some thicker cover. I predict success. The birds are looking pretty slim here with no rain in months. Lucky I have a number of places to choose from, at least.
Some of the guys on the Parker forum swear by thirty and even thirty two inch barrels . When I grew up 26” were considered bird barrels 28” was considered middle of the road while thirty or more were considered waterfowl . As to dove the place we’ve been damage control deer shooting the last three years looks like it oughtta be in Argentina or Colombia as the dove come in flocks . But then that two hundred acres is a managed dove club and we plunk the deer to keep them off the sunflowers for the dove !!!!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Had a good sunflower patch years ago, with many volunteers, it burnt in the heat. Tried a few crops of maize (milo) that burned up. Haygrazer is the only thing I've found that will take the heat and produce with little rain, only got half the bales this year as we got last year,there will be no 2cd cut. It covers the taxes.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well our illustrious USPS has done it again ! The GHE was sent to me second day last Saturday insures etc to arrive by this past Tuesday . I checked at the window yesterday to see if they could tell me more than I can get from the tracking number . And the lady told me it had been dropped off in Ohio at the place the seller sent from scanned and that was about the extent of it ! It had most certainly not made it to Sandston VA which is the USPS hub for central VA .
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My favorite gauge. Started out with an old Model 12 16 with nickel steel barrel and short chamber.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just got an email and a text telling me the 16 just arrived at the Richmond terminal . Only about 4 1/2 days late !
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:28 am My favorite gauge. Started out with an old Model 12 16 with nickel steel barrel and short chamber.
That's exactly what my Dad's is. Model 12, 16 ga. 26" full, nickel steel. Short chamber too. Sits in my safe.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The little Parker 16 appeared today ! Only four days late cursed USPS . But atleast it got here and in fine shape .
2BC61A9B-E032-4B2A-9E97-28F9138B76DE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Drooling over that wood! Very nice 6 pt ! I'm sure it's on face and ready for dove season?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:26 am Drooling over that wood! Very nice 6 pt ! I'm sure it's on face and ready for dove season?
I bought it from another PGCA person in Ohio . He got it from someone in Canada a number of years ago and he used it mostly for grouse he said . The stock is an original Parker stock just not original to that gun , I think it’s most likely a Remington era Parker as “it feels to me” thicker in the wrist which I’ve been told was a trait of the later Remington era guns . The guns early pre 1898 and left the factory without ejectors but it has them now . There was a time I thought I needed ejectors on all my shotguns but now not so much . Anyway for what I’ve got in it and being on the smaller 0 frame I think it’s a pretty decent acquisition. But this one and the Parker 16 hammer gun have pretty much killed what money I had set aside for a Parker hammerless 8 gauge . I do however still want to pursue a Parker single barrel trap . I doubt anyone ever says I have a Premier Parker Collection but if I say so myself I have a pretty decent accumulation LOL’s .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:26 am Drooling over that wood! Very nice 6 pt ! I'm sure it's on face and ready for dove season?
I think I’ll try it on a tree limb pruning or two right now !
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Gotta love wood like that :D cool score!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Shot two rounds of skeet with the gun two hours ago . Coulda done better but coulda done worse :wink:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Hi Octagon:
Haygrazer is the only thing I've found that will take the heat and produce
Is that the same crop as coastal grass?
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Haygrazer is good hay for cows, and drought resistant, we are in level 3 and approaching level 4 stage drought. Got to replant every year. My good neighbors coastal patch failed after a long run and went to doveweed, he has a good tank there I've hunted many times, about a 20acre patch. His report is no dang birds this year not even the Milo patch :| I'm headed to 6pts sunflower patch as soon as I can find my hat 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:19 pm Haygrazer is good hay for cows, and drought resistant, we are in level 3 and approaching level 4 stage drought. Got to replant every year. My good neighbors coastal patch failed after a long run and went to doveweed, he has a good tank there I've hunted many times, about a 20acre patch. His report is no dang birds this year not even the Milo patch :| I'm headed to 6pts sunflower patch as soon as I can find my hat 8)
Only thing I can shoot off that sunflower patch are deer ! I still need to wrap my brain around this sometimes . We are damage control deer hunting off sunflowers that are used totally for attracting dove for a dove hunting club . I still say even though it’s state approved , somethings a little shady .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Gonna do five stand at the club tommorrow evening . Going to take this new to me GHE and my Parker VH 16 30” . My plan is to go Thursday to Central Virginia Sporting and shoot a round and get some Red Dot and finally on Saturday shoot a Virginia Vintagers event close to Warrenton VA on a private course . If I’m not mistaken the early Canada goose season starts Monday of next week , might need to unlimber a 10 gauge this week .