Speaking of grumpy men

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Speaking of grumpy men

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Im right there. People been coming in and asking if the .45 Colt dies can load 45 long colt.... or do you have 5-5-6 ? 2-2-3 wont work in my gum. and the next guy says, do you have 2-2-3? Not 5-5-6, it will blow up my rifle... i need 9mm target bullets, i handed him sone WC's to reload with :lol: He wanted ammo.. he got the joke.. I'm sure you all got better answers, but some times I just have to let them here my "monday" a little bit before I ask them what they are using or shooting. Whats weird or diiferent is the majority of ladies know what pistol or revolver they want and type of ammo to shoot. I fell in love 4 times this week, good thing my personality stopped them from feeling the same way! :mrgreen: todd/3leg

The best one was the guy that wanted a 223, but not the 223 Remington caliber........ Even the patient and good natured owner gave up on that one.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Speaking of grumpy men

Post by GunnyMack »

I recently heard of a new cartridge, the 338 Leupold. Now im a gun nut, hoppes in my veins, I read up/ follow all the new stuff thats out there and I never heard of the 338 Leupold . So I questioned this guy about it, who is using it ? Oh well snipers mostly.... ah yes the 338 LAUPA!
Just a teensy bit of knowledge and the lay person is dangerous.

Just goes to prove that women do their research !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I was at a local shop last fall and overheard a guy at the counter telling one of the staff that he wanted to return the Marlin .357 he'd just bought to go deer hunting because it wouldn't fire. He kept cocking the hammer and snapping it. "See, hammer won't go all the way down" I looked over and then walked behind him and said that you might want to take the safety off bone head. The counter guy just shook his head and the guy got a little upset and walked out. Some people just shouldn't be in possession of a firearm! :shock:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Sure we've all been there. People learn from reading, hands on experience or conversation and sometimes these sources are misaligned.

I remember when I was 18 and going into a gunshop and wanted to buy a box of "these Lyman 429421's" that were in a Lyman reloading book.
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:wink: Nah, I ain't grumpy...much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have one of those little .17 WSM rifles. They are a nail gun cartridge necked down for a .17 caliber bullet. The 20 grain bullet gets 3,000 fps, and the 26 grain heavy bullet is about 400 fps slower. Looking for ammo for it can be hilarious. Lots of people are unaware of it. It is a fun little cartridge. Accuracy so far is better than my capability. I am talking 50 yard 1/4 inch groups easily.
Last edited by piller on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

I usually encounter the owner, the clerk, and a non-buying visitor discussing politics, ballistics, or hunting, while I wait for service.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I am visiting, I try to have the courtesy to step aside and let the buying customer do their business. My LGS is an independent. He cannot stay in business if he doesn't make sales.
D. Brian Casady
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Todd, ask me about the guy who came somewhat sheepishly into the range office a few weeks ago with a brand new, jammed SIG P365. I looked things over, tried to work the slide and so forth. Hmm. We walked back out to the bench he was shooting from and a glance at the ammo boxes told the tale. He had both 9mm Luger and 9mm Makarov, never suspecting a difference as they all said 9mm. I hate 9mms. Might be genetic. :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OK, I don't know anything about the Makarov. It is shorter, but is it really the same diameter? I know enough to not use the wrong ammunition in a gun, but I am unacquainted with the Makarov. I know the 8x57 Mauser had 2 different bore sizes, and that they are not interchangeable.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

By the way, my 5.56 states on the barrel that it is 5.56/.223, and I have used both. I am aware of the minor differences in 5.56 Nato and .223 Rem. I have only seen 1 rifle ever that said to not use 5.56 NATO in it. It was a target rifle made for a specific type of shooting.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is quite a difference in a gun. No wonder he couldn't work the slide. The 1 thousandth difference in .45 ACP and .45 Colt seems to not make any difference in my Ruger Blackhawh with the interchangeable cylinders. 1 hundredth or more is a huge difference in a firearm.

I like my model 94 in 32 Win Special. PillHer has a .327 Fed Magnum. I would like to see someone behind the gun counter try to fit 32 Special in one of their .327 Fed Magnums. That would be entertaining from the point of watching a "hold muh beer and watch this" type of moment.
D. Brian Casady