NRA Lawsuit in New York

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

NRA Lawsuit in New York

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm sure nearly all large organizations have the same phenomenon with leadership - contracts with buddies, more lavish entertainment and bonuses than might really be 'necessary'.

Personally, with five million members or so, if ten bucks of my annual dues (I'm a life member but I took out a second, third, and fourth 'annual' memberships years ago "for my kids" and keep them annual so there is a steady flow), goes to the 'waste', I'm not all that bent out of shape.

I disagree with the NRA on positions sometimes, but they ARE a huge and powerful lobby, and do get stuff done. Mostly the right stuff.

Ironic that the most graft-filled, wasteful, and corrupt organization there is in the U.S. - the government of New York* - is the one doing the attacking... :roll:

* well, maybe some other states and the feds could compete for a ten-way tie....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
LeverLuvr
Levergunner

Re: NRA Lawsuit in New York

Post by LeverLuvr »

I recently re-joined a local gun club with a fantastic outdoor facility. When I originally joined about 15 years ago, they required NRA membership. When re-joining this year, I was told that membership to any national gun advocacy organization was acceptable. Reason being is because in recent years, the club board and membership had become split on the NRA's practices, dealings, and compromises. Feeling that some of the compromises were not in the best interests of 2nd Amendment rights, and may have jeopardized future pro gun legislation. I have always been admittedly ignorant to the detailed workings of the NRA, but at least knew they fought for our second amendment rights. Having heard only tidbits of the dealings in the NRA, I looked at alternative groups to support. I decided on GOA (Gun Owners of America). Again only finding a few tidbits as I didn't want to spend days doing research, but their claim to fame is they don't compromise. Not sure if that's good or bad, but when it comes to constitutional issues, there is no compromise in my opinion. Does anyone here have opinions on this GOA group vs the NRA?
My other wife is a Les Paul Custom
God, Guns, Guitars, and Peanut Butter Pie..... Oh, and I guess the wife.
From my cold, dead, gun powder residue ridden hands.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Where to start?
First off I am an NRA Life Member, and have been for decades. But I'm not a fan of Wayne LaPierre, or his overbearing, and dirty tactics, as it pertains to anyone questioning his spending, or expenses. He has given the position he holds an air of dictatorship, and forced out many a good person in the past. He has the BOD either siding with him, or afraid to speak out against him.
But this lawsuit is not really aimed at stopping him, or fixing the NRA. It's a politically motivated ploy to destroy the NRA, or at the least tie up NRA monies fighting the lawsuit so they wont be able to direct funds towards political issues this fall. So the NY AG is doing her liberal supporters a good turn, and all at the taxpayer's money fr the state of NY. Win or lose she'll eat up NRA dollars, and do what she can to financially cripple the NRA.
My hope is this lawsuit loses, but results in Wayne LaPierre stepping down. But if she somehow wins the suit, watch out! There will be an all out assault on gunowner's rights in every state as quick as possible! They'll know the NRA, or some other organization similar to the NRA, will arise from the ashes. So the antigunners will work as quickly as possible to attack our 2nd Amendment rights before we can get our feet back on the ground and stop it.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"But this lawsuit is not really aimed at stopping him, or fixing the NRA. It's a politically motivated ploy to destroy the NRA, or at the least tie up NRA monies fighting the lawsuit so they wont be able to direct funds towards political issues this fall. So the NY AG is doing her liberal supporters a good turn, and all at the taxpayer's money fr the state of NY. Win or lose she'll eat up NRA dollars, and do what she can to financially cripple the NRA.

"My hope is this lawsuit loses, but results in Wayne LaPierre stepping down. But if she somehow wins the suit, watch out! There will be an all out assault on gunowner's rights in every state as quick as possible! They'll know the NRA, or some other organization similar to the NRA, will arise from the ashes. So the antigunners will work as quickly as possible to attack our 2nd Amendment rights before we can get our feet back on the ground and stop it."
--MarlinMan93

BINGO!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.