I wonder if the ammo was an issue...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I wonder if the ammo was an issue...?

Post by AJMD429 »

Looks like a Glock, and from what I've seen (not that much) LEO's using 45 ACP usually use other firearms, so I'm guessing 40 S&W or 9mm Luger...???

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... age-taker/

It looks as if the first couple hits made contact and in the torso, but the dude barely reacted.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Re: I wonder if the ammo was an issue...?

Post by JimT »

That is the way many react to being shot. It is not untypical. The first shot may have killed him but it can take up to a minute for blood pressure to drop sufficiently for the person to quit. You see this with people and you see it with animals. Even 30 seconds is a long time in a situation like this. If you have ever watched the video WHAT BULLETS DO TO BODIES, there are examples of people being shot through the head with a 44 Magnum (under left eye and exit behind the ear) who still were able to run from the situation and make it quite a ways before they expired.

Those who have shot a lot of animals in their life .. especially if they hunted with handguns or black powder or bow & arrow ... can tell you that a determined creature can last quite a long time after taking a killing hit.

The clean "BANG FLOP" is not the norm .. especially with handguns.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ever hear of a person being determined enough to complete a task that they kept moving until their body was obviously not pumping blood? I mean like moving for 5 to 10 seconds after heart stoppage? It has been seen and written about. No, it is not common.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I know that a Rat ain't a Human but I once shot a Rat and watched it run off and go under a shed, when I pulled the Rat out it's skull was completely devoid of brains.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

This is dated but still contains a lot of good information ..
TERMINAL BALLISTICS - What Bullets Do To Bodies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhcuLWIe3A