Another trip to the range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Another trip to the range

Post by 2ndovc »

The new Colt Commander Lightweight came in yesterday. It's supposed to be a used pistol but I can't find a mark on it.
This one is definitely a keeper. First magazine of five rounds, 230 gr. Federal American Eagle two hands at 25 yds.
Left target is Remington 230 gr. FMJ at 15 yds. Two handed standing hold for both.
After a couple of magazines groups were getting smaller, but I wanted to see how well and where it shot
with factory FMJs to start. Followed up with 50 rounds of 230 gr. lead FPs and 3.8 gr. of Bullseye, all functioned perfectly.
Did some steel targets at 50 yds with the National Match and Marlin CST/ .357 Magnum. Shot mostly .38 Specials through the Marlin. They feed perfectly but it shoots more accurately with a hotter .357 load.
The triggers on both Colts are almost identical as well as the brass bead front sight.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another trip to the range

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wonderful toys, Jason! 8)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I love blue steel and Walnut but somehow that Marlin intrigues me..... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

good shoot'n....and nice colts :mrgreen:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guys!
The groups will get better when I get used to weight, or lack thereof. I've only had one other Lightweight and it was a very early collector's piece that I'd picked up at a local auction. Sold it for a nice profit. :D

GK,
Of all my long guns, the only other stainless rifle is a 10/22. Aside from a couple black rifles, I'm a walnut and steel guy too.

jb 8)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jason, your Marlin looks to me like an all weather do it all rifle and very business like too. As much as I love blue steel and Walnut I could definitely find a place for that Marlin. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 pm Jason, your Marlin looks to me like an all weather do it all rifle and very business like too. As much as I love blue steel and Walnut I could definitely find a place for that Marlin. 8)
I bought as a knockabout trail, cabin and all purpose rifle that I wouldn't be too worried about some marks and wear from being used, unlike some of my old Winchesters. The crazy part is that one like it just sold on Gunbroker for almost $1600!
Now if I could get my suppressor out of lock up it would be perfect! :D

jb 8)

hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Nice looking Colts. I've heard some guys bad mouth Colt 1911's but both of my Colt's will digest any kind of ammo I feed them. They aren't picky about magazines and look so much better than plastic guns.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I don't get it either. I've had close to twenty different 1911s go through my hands over the years, eight of them being Colts and the only thing I've had happen was a broken extractor. I can't say the same for Springfield, three out of four had feeding issues.

jb 8)