One for the Ladies.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

One for the Ladies.

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm supprised Old Savage didn't have a hand in this video..... :D

https://youtu.be/HiPPaKJrK00
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One for the Ladies.

Post by Pitchy »

8) good for them 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

They really, really, really, really should have used one that was SUPPRESSED...!!!!!!

I think the responses would have been far more positive.

I always use a suppressor on any rifle a 'new shooter' is using, even a 22LR, for their first twenty shots or so.

New shooters seem to fear:

a) the noise (not sure why noise is 'frightening', but it sure DOES make them flinch, and miss - see "c")

b) the recoil (one reason NEVER to have a new shooter shoot anything other than a 22 LR at first)

c) missing and appearing foolish (use a red-dot on a benched rifle, and a 8" steel gong at 50 yards so they won't miss)

I use a benched levergun (Ruger 96/22) with an integral suppressor and a red-dot sight. They hit 9 or 10 times out of their first ten shots, and the gun doesn't make any noise or have any recoil. So then they are ready to escalate to something with a bit of noise, but still benched and 22 LR - so I use an un-suppressed Ruger 77/22, and show them how 'peep' sights work. They still hit the target, so are actually getting bored by that time. So I 'upgrade' to a 10/22, and with a scope, so they can see their hits real-time. I have them try for the 12" gong at 100 yards, and they always hit it.

After a levergun in 357 Mag with Marbles Bullseye sights, then they stand up to shoot, and shoot at a closer and larger gong (usually 10" at 25 yards). They mostly hit, but learn that sometimes misses happen.

Now they are confident, yet challenged, and are getting into the shooting enough to deal with a 'scary' gun. We get out a bipod-equipped AR-15 with a suppressor and scope and shoot at 100 yard gongs - starting 16 inch, then 12 inch, then 8 inch, then.... 4 inch...! Later on we will shoot some eggs at 100 yards. Now they are really having fun, and confident.

Later, I'll have them shoot the AR without the suppressor, just for comparison. They feel a 'rush', but they all say they would much rather shoot the firearm with a suppressor.

The whole process takes about 4 hours - going from never having shot (or just a BB-gun), to having confidence using an AR-15 at 100 yards.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's another one 'for the ladies', although at least one woman I showed it to was put off, because the shooter (Kristen Weiss) is "too sexy". (Not sure why that's a BAD thing.... :roll: )

Anyhow she is off-hand shooting at an egg at 300 yards. Takes 10-20 shots, but she did eventually hit it...!

https://youtu.be/CUtasDhjpI4
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "