Wonder if Remlins will survive this next bankruptcy...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Wonder if Remlins will survive this next bankruptcy...?

Post by AJMD429 »

https://bongino.com/despite-skyrocketin ... bankruptcy

Would have been interesting if they sold to the Navajo Nation.....how that might work with U.S. gun laws and them being not technically the U.S....?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Wonder if Remlins will survive this next bankruptcy...?

Post by Sixgun »

Don't know Doc......some years back they changed most of their management to young people.....the old heads were gun people and the young heads were college graduates....we all saw what came out of the factory after that....

My bud just bought 400 guns from Rem. that were in storage......these guns were all SHOT SHOW examples....

Not sure but John Walton says, "all things good and bad come to an end."----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too many folks can see the cost of something without understanding value.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

When Remlin acquired Marlin the CEO that toured the Marlin plant speaking to the long time employees told them that these Guns can be made by "anyone anywhere". They chose not to bring any experienced help to New York and the amount of junk they produced and shipped was unbelievable. They ruined what was left of the Marlin brand........ In My 48 years working I have seen this attitude countless times by self appointed Experts who could not hold any job in the plant. As long as the money tree gives them a bonus they keep their Head stuck UP where the sun never shines. now everyone involved with Remington is looking over there shoulder. A shame.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Tis a shame that the company that made 721's, 722's and great shotguns and bolt rifles got bought by penny pinching non shooting low lifes.... they po'ed alot peopke when they bought H&R and killed the accessory barrel program right away. Then the Handi-rifles soon after...
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i wonder if google and soros and the rest of their ilk are the actual money behind buying and killing the brand. they can afford to bankrupt little companies.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Shooters, "gun people", and scared housewives are purchasing guns in record numbers. There is nothing of worth left on the shelves.

More guns. Fewer shooters.

And a treasured old brand under new management looks for relief in bankruptcy.

When you wonder how a profitable firearms manufacturer fails, never forget that every child walking through the halls of a public school is taught:

"Your parents are WRONG, and guns are BAD".

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

maybe we can talk Henry into buying the Marlin Name, at least they care about being AMERICAN and know how to build/fix/ treat customers!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:45 pm maybe we can talk Henry into buying the Marlin Name, at least they care about being AMERICAN and know how to build/fix/ treat customers!
I wonder if they would find enough value added to do that; there don't seem to be many active patents protected on leverguns designed in the 19th Century, so other than stamping "Marlin" on them, they could just make them anyway (and more or less they DO do that with some models); not sure these days that paying for the ability to so-stamp the receivers would matter:

a) new gun buyers wouldn't care - they are just looking for something that works, with no 'brand-nostalgia' involved.

b) old gun buyers wouldn't care - they wouldn't believe anything other than 'JM' vintage Marlins would be decent no matter what you tell them.

In my case, I have been happy with my last few Marlins, some in the 'Remlin' phase.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

There's something you guys are missing......

Fact......hunting has taken a MAJOR nosedive. The demand has dropped to the point where demand is greatly diminished. The hunting guns out there last several lifetimes and there's enough to satisfy the market.

..........while I don't know the exact percentage, the overwhelmingly amount of new guns are directed at self defense and the military. These guns are easily manufactured on CNC machinery with little thought as to fit and finish like hunting guns are. Plastic is now a major component.......mold it and slap it on.

Hunting guns and a fair amount of long range target guns will soon be in the cottage industry of small producers. Remington and Marlin are dinosaurs. Colt is hanging on a thread and the only thing keeping them alive is military contracts from around the world.

Hunting went from a necessary endeavor to helping with the paycheck and now to a sport.....Rem.and Marlin did not adapt.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GOOD POINT!

society changed, dictated an increase of firepower, and those semiautos can make meat and fix meatheads. more value for the dinero.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

While Remington rushed to get the old Marlin in production and botched it, the new Marlins I was seeing locally were fine. Their investment in new drawings and tooling seemed to have paid off. I was planning to buy a .44 this summer, but the 1894 have become unavailable. I do hope they are revived.