DOC AJMD429 Binary Trigger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

DOC AJMD429 Binary Trigger

Post by 3leggedturtle »

You gotta check out 22PLINKSTER review of the Franklin Armory Binary trigger for the Ruger Charger.....
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: DOC AJMD429

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/8WVJMOHiNpM

That is cool.
I’d put a Thompson Machine Operative on it though; they make one for the takedown version too. Looks just like a bull-barrel but it is a suppressor. It’s what I have on my Ruger 96:22 Levergun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: DOC AJMD429 Binary Trigger

Post by J Miller »

I watched the video too. My NSHO is that the BATFE wont wait too long to ban it and make felons out of every one who has one or ever watched a video about it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, I actually watched adifferent video that I linked to above. I do have the Ruger 9 mm pistol that is basically the charger version of their 9 mm carbine, and it is a pretty neat gun, especially if equipped with an arm brace and suppressor. The 22 Long rifle version would probably be even better as a so-called bug out gun, because you could carry quite a bit more ammunition, and a suppressor actually makes it 22 quiet whereas it makes a 9 mm ‘a little bit less noisy’.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This 'chassis' (aluminum skeletonized stock) looks like a good (not cheap though) option - Odin Chassis - it has a built-in 1913 rail that would fit the SB folding arm brace (...which I can borrow off my 9mm Charger.... 8) )

The ultimate barrel would be an integrally-suppressed one - Innovative Arms Integrally Suppressed Charger Barrel - no throwing off the balance, or extra length.

The downside of 'integrally suppressed' barrels is that they mean you're investing a big chunk of money on only one gun. My Mystic (LibertyCans) cost something around $850 back when I got it, but it is one you can take apart to clean fully, so can use cast bullets and 22 LR without issues, plus it came with 5/16" and 1/2" adapters so I can use it on probably ten or more guns (any AR, any threaded gun of 0.357" caliber or less, although full-bore magnum like 300 Winchester isn't recommended, but 308 Win is acceptable, or 35 Remington, 357 Mag, etc...). So the 'real cost' (at least how I man-splained it to my wife [risking death]) was only around $85 per gun, right.... :D And of course the tax don't count, cuz it's for a STAMP, not a gun...... :wink: However, if you wanted to make a Charger into an 'ultimate bug-out gun' it would probably be the ultimate setup to have the integrally suppressed barrel and a light 'chassis' and light arm-brace. A top quality red-dot in my opinion is as reliable as most irons, and super light weight, but there are also other sighting options that don't involve batteries.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The Binary trigger is $300...... The 6" carbon fiber barrel is $340 and weighs 10ozs.... My shortened and roughed out 6" weighs 9oz and cost me $15. Tho its not threaded. The Binary would be nice for instant double taps tho! 8) todd/3leg

So with the trigger, barrel and brace yer looking at an extra $840 on top of the price of a Charger.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!