Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Re: The Henry Big Boy X Model Is A Start . . . . .

Post by rossim92 »

COSteve wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:17 pm While I'm not a fan of tactical lever actions, I see some value in Henry's Big Boy X Model. Not for what it is, but for what direction Henry could proceed with the basic action/barrel combination.

Consider a walnut stocked, blued receiver, round barreled carbine with side loading gate . . . . . just like all the others but this one would be a Henry with their smooth action and great customer service. Or take the Big Boy Case Hardened version, replace the octagon barrel with a round one and add the side loading gate.

In .357 Mag it would be sweet, especially because they offer it in both a 16" and 20" version and you'd have a lighter rifle than the current one because of the round barrel. In both .44 Mag and .45 Colt, you'd have the added benefit of a strong action allowing for full use of the power of the magnum and Ruger only loads.

I wonder if Mr. Emperato is considering those . . . . . . . . .
what's wrong with being an octagon barrel! I have levers in both rd and octgo, even though I admit round is lighter, I like the looks of the octagon. Not complaining, just wondering. :)
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Henry Big Boy X Model Is A Start . . . . .

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are