gun confiscation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

gun confiscation

Post by rossim92 »

One of he campaign promises Biden keeps spitting is he going to confiscate guns when he is elected. I beleive what is going on now with the protests will be nothing compared to what will happen if he goes about with his promise. How much more stuff do they expect us lawabiding citizens to withstand?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: gun confiscation

Post by .45colt »

In the city's they may get away with it........... but in rural areas it will be far different. another American Revolution.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

.45colt wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:57 am In the city's they may get away with it........... but in rural areas it will be far different. another American Revolution.
True enough. Soldiers that will be directed to confiscate firearms from citizens will be faced with where their loyalties lie. There will be (not might be) open hostilities if the Marxist Democrats do this.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What amazes me is how many people say they will vote for Biden... :shock:

They must be either:

a) viewing him as just a ‘place-holder’ for someone unimpaired who they will slip in before inauguration, or

b) so out of touch with reality that they have no clue the impact of his political agenda, or

c) so completely psychotic and frothing from Trump Derangement Syndrome that they would rather see the nation destroyed than have him in office four more years, or

d) just plain stupid.

I don’t know which is worse, but I think I know voters in all of the above categories... :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:43 am What amazes me is how many people say they will vote for Biden... :shock:

They must be either:

a) viewing him as just a ‘place-holder’ for someone unimpaired who they will slip in before inauguration, or

b) so out of touch with reality that they have no clue the impact of his political agenda, or

c) so completely psychotic and frothing from Trump Derangement Syndrome that they would rather see the nation destroyed than have him in office four more years, or

d) just plain stupid.

I don’t know which is worse, but I think I know voters in all of the above categories... :(
Answer: e) All the above.

c) is what got us Obama in 2008. I can't count how many times I heard someone say "anyone but Bush." Even though Bush wasn't running.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Unfortunately this coming November ; "Stupid is as Stupid Does", has so much riding on it

Yep, scary times for sure !
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Unfortunately, I think most of the sane citizens would comply if confiscation does happen. The normal Joe Gun Owner probably doesn't want a fight with armed "combat ready police" and if some came door to door, I think many would comply. Now an organized "resistance" (which I would join) may be able to fight outright confiscation, but not an individual...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Our previous Sheriff polled his deputies on whether they'd obey orders from a Fed to confiscate guns (Clinton Administration). He said he'd darn sure not order it, and would refuse such an order as being "unConstitutional". The current Sheriff? ... I ain't so sure about him. Strikes me as a life-long "administrator"... used to jumping to the tune of others.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The truth is, they will not "confiscate". They are way smarter than that. They will just ban them. Then sit back and wait. Look around. People are ratting out their neighbors for not wearing a stupid mask.
They will pick out a few people to "make examples of". Really smash em down hard and make sure it is widely publicized. Then the vast majority of people will turn them in because it "just isn't worth it". They will justify it by saying to themselves, "I have to think of my family", or whatever else it takes.
There will be no revolution in this country. That time is long past. They know it too. That is why they dare to say what they say and do what they have been doing. Complacency and technology have resulted in the destruction of America.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Old Win is dead nuts on! Despite such warnings, the Smart Money has been saying this for years....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

dittos OldWin

if right minded people think they will resist gun bans, but they wear stupid masks in Home Depot, and in their cars, and out in the open air, as COMPLIANCE with UNCONSTITUTIONAL UNAUTHORIZED EDICTS from wannabe pol-pot mayors and governors, then why would anyone believe they will suddenly be standing up with a loaded firearm and shooting at the rioters swarming their home?

the "law enforcement" groups that stood by watching the looting in Seattle, protected the looters. They are already on the side of the criminals. You can bet that if a store owner had defended his property, then they would have acted. I saw this on live tv, it's too late to take it back or gainsay what has already happened. "law" AND "order" are redefined, "justice" is redefined. Seattle is a hair-breadth away from "defunding" law enforcement. This is anarchy writ large and NO ONE is protesting it.

my world view accomodates all of this as the preliminary bouts of the coming apocalypse. there is a text that explains it this way, IIRC, the people of the world will give the kings of the world agreement with the changes happening... this is a rough approximation of the exact terminology, and it helps me see far beyond my little circle.

Prayers UP
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You are right, Grizz. The end is near.
People lie to themselves because it is easier than facing, and coming to terms with, the truth.
I like to use the movie "The Matrix" as an analogy.

I laugh out loud when people talk of revolution. The revolution already happened, and we lost.
The fact is, if some form of armed revolt actually happened, you would see foreign powers here in a heartbeat squashing it. The whole world has a vested interest in this country for their economic well being.
And you WOULD end up with a new country......with a new constitution. But it wouldn't look like the one we had before.

People love to talk about the constitution and their rights, but the truth is, you only have the rights you are able and willing to take and defend. Local, state, and the federal government violate rights and the constitution daily. The simple fact that they do nullifies the constitution.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

There's NO WAY they could enforce such an asinine directive.......maybe 20 years ago they MAY have gotten away with semi autos...

But now.....or for the next twenty years or until everyone alive now is either dead or very old.....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN WITH ANY TYPE OF WEAPON.....

That would be a law that breaks the camels back.......

The citizens are now awake as to what can happen as in pandemics, food supply, shortages of any necessary life items, and especially, the violent capabilities of the left ....and their followers....(get it?....on the followers?)

Got nothing to do? Read the book "Lord of the Flies"......you will see how fast humankind can revert to being savages......
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They won't have to enforce it. We will enforce it on ourselves through fear. Look at the last 4 months.
There may be many willing to die in their "last stand" scenario, but they may think twice when it's not them threatened, but their wife, their children, or their parents.
They have spent decades working out their tactics.

Look at the folks defending their home from rioters. They had a warrant in no time. Took their guns, threatened charges. This one little incident will stop many from doing the same. Not all, but many. Eventually, and slowly, they will whittle down the resistance before it ever begins.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...my fine friend....no! .......the recent confiscation was due to a single person.....besides, he is going to win in the end.

"THEY" as you say are just a few at the top......99.9 % of people in law enforcement are regular people like us with families and responsibilities.....

The only type of people who would help to enforce a confiscation law would be foreigners or sociopaths who are getting a financial reward.......the same way the Barbarians brought down the Roman Empire....these are people who are not loyal to the greatest nation on earth and want to see it fall. It's why I strongly detest any breathing animal that's of Muslim "religion". They are foreigners no matter how long they have lived here.....

Unlike the past, people now know what happens when a gun directive is put into place...death and loss of freedoms soon follow.....e.i....Hitler and the many dictators like him.

99.9% of gun owners use their guns responsibly......

It would not surprise me that this coronavirus was specially formulated to kill older people...to erase the memory of how our culture should be.--6
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh! Forgot to be more specific.....on the people who are getting their guns taken away due to threatening protesters, etc...sure, that's going to happen...

What I'm talking about is a national or local LAW that says, "turn in your guns". ---6 o da bro
Model A Uzi’s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

a couple of observations
What I'm talking about is a national or local LAW that says, "turn in your guns".
there is no actual law in washington that says you have to wear a mask.... it is an edict by the governor of the state. and it appears that 99% of the populace in the seattle area are wearing masks.

the governor is in violation of the constitution and he has absolutely no authority to require anyone to wear a mask. but, people are not only wearing them, but are verbally assaulting people who don't wear them, stating that "it's the law".

it is NOT A BIG STEP to see the same thing happen with firearms, or knives, or tee shirts, or Chevrolets. the principle is, get the goats compliant, and then you can do whatever you want.
99.9 % of people in law enforcement are regular people like us with families and responsibilities.....

possible, BUT during the seattle riots 100% of "law enforcement" refused to enforce the laws. after a while, when the riots sputtered a little, and a few people were picked up, they were turned loose wholesale, the ag refused to charge the criminals. the whole thing is ROTTEN from top to bottom. the "law enforcement" pros appear to be 100% on the side of the lawless..

I don't intend this to be quarrelsome, it's just that Law and Order are in a very visible meltdown where I live. I am certain that if there is a shooting war and I am forced to defend my family from the hordes, that I will be the target of the air-to-ground reaction, not the rioters... that's how it looks from here.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Think this through. A knock on your door. The police with dogs. "Did you turn in ALL of your guns?". "Did you hide or bury any banned firearms?" Now are you REALLY going to lie to them? Some no doubt will, but most will tell the truth. The way to stop this of course is to elect Trump. I dont think, if Biden wins, he can 'Executive Order' it, which means it must go through Congress. They certainly are morons but I think politically speaking there are enough there that it would not pass. Right now our Supreme court is 4-4-1, sure would be nice to have 3-5-1 if RBG would resign before the election but of course that wont happen. So the short answer is if Biden gets in and is able to implement it, 99.999% of us gun owners would comply.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

just makes my cheap little ocean capable sailboat seem smart right now
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Remember – all they have to do is make sure they allow (or if they have to go to the extra work cause), some sort of ‘horrible firearms crime’ to get the Sheeple and ‘moderates’ to shift their position from against gun control to for fun control.

People don’t realize that if it doesn’t work when crime is low there’s no reason to expect to work when crime is high. A losing poker hand is a losing poker hand no matter how large the pot.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I think they might try a "gun registration" scheme, but it will largely be ignored, as Canada's was.

They might try to make examples of a few people, and that would be effective for a LARGE majority
of gun owners. As others have said, most folks would cave. I'm beginning to get to the age where
maybe I'd fight back. I'd lose the war for sure, but maybe I'd take a fascist or two with me.

In the end, they just don't have the manpower to get every firearm out there. There are how many
MILLION outstanding warrants out there right now in the USA? If they were to act on 10% of those
existing warrants, the entire criminal justice system would collapse. So, I don't see them devoting
a 100% effort to eradicating guns. In Maine, for instance, there are only about 350 State Troopers,
140 Game Wardens, and some local police. 1,000 people? 2,000? No way can they get every gun out there,
assuming that ALL of them are willing to go and illegally seize guns. It would take them weeks to go to
every home in the state - longer if they sent more than one trooper at a time. Ain't gonna happen.

They do know what we have if we bought from a gun store - the Maine State Police, for example, are
keeping an illegal registry of gun sales. darn all is being done about, too. I could see that information
being used at a Federal level to threaten people via the IRS or something. I think they'll pass more and
more minor regulations, and we'll die a death of a thousand cuts.

If one or two old codgers who have nothing to lose fight back, and I don't think we'll see raids on homesteads.
(Probably arrest you in the grocery store parking lot instead.) The goobermint can only suffer so many Branch
Davidian Compound-like massacres before their credibility is totally shot on the subject.

-Stretch
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prohibition of alcohol , marijuana , and all kinds of drugs have been a dismal failure.. for how long??.......the government can't stop illegal aliens from swarming over our borders .the left wing mayors and governors support looters that are destroying cities ..... the covid virus is costing how much?? IF Biden is elected He will have more to deal with than He ever imagined.... He can talk gun confiscation all He wants, people in rural America aren't all sheep.
Last edited by .45colt on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

This thread made me recall what I once read in a news article on gun control.

The author said that while confiscating firearms would be difficult, the easiest way to gun control is to license and severely limit or prohibit access to or sale of commercial ammunition, reloading components and equipment, along with steeply increased taxes on firearms, ammunition, and reloading equipment and supplies, as well as inspection fees for mandatory and approved storage facility for firearms, ammunition, and reloading supplies. Just how many of would shoot a box of 50 .22's if that box cost US$25.00 plus? Want to buy some ammunition or components to reload? Show your reloader and ammunition license and your firearms owners license. And you cannot obtain a license with approved storage and liability insurance.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ray, this highlights the basic discrepency in all of this: self defense is a God-given human right, codified in the Constitution.

the tax scheme, which is already in place in WA, is a violation of our Human Rights, exactly like a poll tax, or any other punitive selective tax scheme

if some lawyer would get up a law suit, and gin up class action support, and sell seats the way the myriad class action suits are, and target the officials brandishing the human rights violations, perhaps we might get a little breathing room ...

and perhaps if we started pushing taxes on "politicians" and "welfare recipients", and "electric car" (for mooching electricity from the grid), etc... perhaps using the internet to drum up loud noises, and attaching these signs to the nearest riots, perhaps the balance might tip the other way for a moment . . .

I'm a dreamer, I know
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

This is where my wife asks me "what did you get at MidwayUSA that costs $500?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good points by all.

The guvmint often uses the 'tax code' to do bad things (think Obamacare and the NFA for starters).

They LOVE 'registration' because it sounds so 'harmless' ("....if you've nothing to hide..."), and

they LOVE 'background checks' because you have to have more than three brain cells and be able to parse more than four-words in a sentence to grasp the concept that they a) don't work, and b) are merely a prelude to registration. Then unless you have even more smarts, the idea still has to be grasped that 'registration' itself is ALSO a) ineffective, and that it is b) merely a prelude for confiscation.

They use the umbrella of 'public health' to give the medical community credibility crafting 'public health' solutions to our 'gun crisis', and have such hypocrisy and lack of honesty that the "CDC and other health advocate sages build their case not only by suppressing facts, but by overt fraud, fabricating statistics, and falsifying references to support them", according to award-winning (and liberal, non-gun-owning) criminologist Don Kates, writing in this law review journal article, along with several refreshingly-honest physician co-authors. (if you haven't read the article, you should - better yet, print up copies and give them to everyone, leave them in business waiting rooms, folded up in library books on 'gun control', and so on... :twisted: )

But the 'progresssssssssssssssssssssssives' and other species of LibTards can't follow such complex logic (....that's why the "Tard" part is in the name.....), and they certainly don't have time to read and learn from real-world history, because they are so busy virtue-signaling about how tolerant and 'incluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusive' they are... :roll: (all the while they call gun-owners 'murderers' and 'hilbillies' and say we should be kicked out of the country.... :lol: )
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

"tard" ? ? I had to clean my glasses. I thought you were saying LibTurd all this time. Hope I didn't read anything into it... 8)