Winchester 94 stock medallion

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 94 stock medallion

Post by FLINT »

Hey guys

can anyone with a centenial/bicentenial/commemerative winchester 94 with a medaillion in the stock, measure the diameter of the medallion for me?

I'm assuming that they are all the same size, but if not, that might be good to know as well

Thanks!
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 94 stock medallion

Post by elmo123 »

1.528" is the width of the one on my bicentennial carbine.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Many, I believe most, of the commemoratives that had medallions in the stock, the medallion is the same size as the old silver dollars. Many guys set old dollar coins in them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Perfect! Thank's guys! Dollar coins up through the IKE dollars were 1.5" so Malamute's info matches Elmo's measurement.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

A guy that sold tons of such stocks at the Winchester show told me about the dollar coins. Most guys werent interested in the commemorative medallions anyway, just the upgraded wood for their guns. The old silver dollars worked perfectly in that use.

I think I have an 1894 Morgan that will fit one of those stocks I got from him.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?