100-round 9mm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

100-round 9mm

Post by AJMD429 »

I always thought the Calico was an interesting firearm - the pistol version uses the same 50 round and 100 round magazines.... :twisted:

https://youtu.be/YqhLfEmNuEA

For what it's worth, my rifle and pistol both have functioned flawlessly IF I use full-power "NATO" 9mm loads; the SAAMI-spec loads tend to be all over the place and some designed for snubby pocket pistols are a bit underpowered for the delayed roller-block action (from what I've read the HK MP5's have the same action and same dislike for under-powered rounds).

The barrel is off my pistol right now because I really want to get it threaded for a suppressor, just haven't had time to research who will do it RIGHT, and really would like to not mail it far away.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Re: 100-round 9mm

Post by JimT »

I tested Calico's when I was writing for Gun Week in the 1980's. Fun to shoot. PITA to reload by hand.
With one of the .22 LR rifles I had some of the ladies from the church shooting it and I was taking pictures and loading magazines. They were playing "kick the can" and could shoot 100 rounds before I could get the magazine loaded.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Some sort of loading device would have been useful. Still, I could see how it might not be conducive to accuracy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm Some sort of loading device would have been useful. Still, I could see how it might not be conducive to accuracy.
The rifle I tested was accurate. Had a built-in bipod. The only problem was the barrel was pretty thin and you could make the bullet "climb" on the target by putting down pressure on the stock. Offhand .. and shooting from a bench without putting pressure on the barrel .. was accurate at the ranges tested (25, 50 and 100 yards). I did not test any of the handguns.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

With that many rounds, you probably understand that most folks would be tempted to just spray and pray.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost