Well I'll be darned

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Well I'll be darned

Post by Bill in Oregon »

TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Well I'll be darned

Post by TraderVic »

Interesting, never heard of this. Many years ago, while enroute to Subic Bay, P.I. on a Navy destroyer on my second tour to SE Asia, we encountered a waterspout somewhere between Guam and Subic Bay.
It was maybe two miles away, very tall and spindly. Basically it's a tornado out at sea. Probably one of the oddest things I ever saw out at sea.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: Well I'll be darned

Post by octagon »

Was fishing in the Gulf of Mexico in about 1977, when some bad weather started brewing, we were about 30 miles out and started back in. It was raining hard when we got to the jetties and docked the boat. Ten minutes later we looked out the way we had come and saw two water spouts at once a few miles out, rain coming down now like the ocean was upside down, I had a photo of it years ago. I didn't know protocol was to shoot em, we just had a 357 for big sharks, no cannon 8) This occurred at Port O'Conner Tx, took the kids fishing there last summer.