B.L.M.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

B.L.M.

Post by gamekeeper »

11n69v.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: B.L.M.

Post by GunnyMack »

6E2FAA19-0D31-4602-8121-6D3C5E252B70.JPG
Cant we all just get along ?
20200706_183143.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I remember when the "controversy" about BLM was that not everyone agreed with the priorities of the Bureau of Land Management.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A somewhat peaceful, however misguided, group of people were usurped by Anarchists and Communists. Whatever message they had, if any, was lost and now we are at war with them.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

As a lifelong Westerner, BLM will always stand for the Bureau of Land Management. That's just what a recalcitrant old fossil I am, and "I ain't ashamed of it neither." :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good one Gamekeeper.....but a bit misleading.......if you answer this question ....as to the truth......I'll take that back.

Can the black lab think for himself?

Let's wait till "The Gunny" chimes in.------6..... :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

They sure can think for themselves! I can see the wheels turning in Winnies head, Parker's wheels turn a bit faster. Claro's wheels are stuck in 2 gears- food & birds !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I had a black lab that could think for it's self, I once downed three Mallards with one shot but the lab would only retrieve one from the water, he point blank refused to dive in again until I fired two more shots. It was the only way to get the other ducks in the bag..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

all Dogs matter. but some dogs have more dog privilage than other dogs
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that's epic gamekeeper, great story
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

For the life of him, this guy can't figure out what all the fuss is about.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Never been much of a Lab person . Nice enough dogs just not my thing . I leaned more to Goldens and now if I wanted a straight retriever it’d most likely be a Chessie . I suppose the Golden because when I had English setters for grouse I always wanted to run a pair of setters steady to wing and shot and a Golden to do the retrieving if my shot charge was so inclined to knock a grouse down . Never did get a Golden but always wanted to .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Labs have the most popular dog in the US for something like 25 years. The lab is by far the most versatile breed. The Brits are responsible for the lab as we know it, the breed was almost lost in a kennel fire. They were originally used by fishermen to grab cod that escaped the nets as they were pulled on shore. Also the breed is from Newfoundland- not Labrador!
Sure Golden's are great but LOTS more hair that turns into gigantic dust bunnies! Sadly the chessy has such a small gene pool that they have very high cancer rates, great dogs though.
Yeah I'm partial to my labs, a very close second is the grey ghost ( wiermeriner).
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Labrador retriever is Britain's most popular dog too.. :D

The shame is most of them over here have never heard a shotgun go off or have retrieved anything other than a tennis ball... :(
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Large majority here have never heard a shot either, that's sad!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:17 am The Labrador retriever is Britain's most popular dog too.. :D

The shame is most of them over here have never heard a shotgun go off or have retrieved anything other than a tennis ball... :(
My British Lab, Samantha (Sam) turned 10 months old yesterday. She is already exposed & trained to guns and live birds. Will continue her training daily in preparation for her first hunting season.
BTW, British Labs are smaller than typical American Labs, which is what we wanted. Sam's mother weighed 49 lbs, Sam is hovering around 47-48 lbs. She will fit into our truck camper much easier than many larger labs.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Trader Vic, she is tiny at 45 lbs! Cant wait to see pics of Sam on her first hunt !
My english girls are all over 70 without any fat on them. I had a female years ago that was 96 lbs of bird hunting muscle!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vic, please, please feel free to start a thread with photos of your English Lab. I am intrigued. 8)
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:28 pm Vic, please, please feel free to start a thread with photos of your English Lab. I am intrigued. 8)
Bill, I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have never posted a pic before, although I really need/want to learn to do it, just lazy I guess.
Anyway, back in Jan, 2015 we rescued (adopted) two black labs. We originally only agreed to 'adopt one, but they were brothers and had never been apart during their eight years, so we took both and had them with us here on the farm for five years. Both of the boys averaged about 105 lbs.
When my wife and I decided to get one more dog (she is 65, I am 66), we wanted another lab, but not a real big one. We wanted a lab that would easily fit into our truck camper.
So.......we're slowly training Sam and hopefully these old legs will get her out in the woods for grouse & woodcock and the CRP and marsh grass for pheasants.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vic, God bless you and your bride for adopting those boys. If you want, I can post the photos. Sending you a PM. I bet everyone here wants to see Sam! And I am 67. :lol:
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

And to think I thought it meant BURN, LOOT and MURDER.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:17 am The Labrador retriever is Britain's most popular dog too.. :D

Here as well.....so many 'soccer moms' adore them, who wouldn't "let" a gun in the house... :roll:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

4t5 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:39 pm And to think I thought it meant BURN, LOOT and MURDER.
That's far too truthful.... :|

Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

4t5 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:39 pm And to think I thought it meant BURN, LOOT and MURDER.
That’s pretty good. I have one but it would be frowned upon in a public forum :D