Another fun gun drill - 1911 vs M1 Carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Another fun gun drill - 1911 vs M1 Carbine

Post by AJMD429 »

1911 vs M1 Carbine > https://youtu.be/QSOUmHito4M

1. I like this kind of 'fun' shooting better than just paper targets.

2. I think it is a drill that would be fun to do to 'compare' lots of different firearms.
... think a six-shot 'Trapper' levergun and its companion SA or even DA revolver,
... a Beretta 92 9mm versus an AR in 223, or
... or any number of other personal/home protection options you want to compare.

3. It would be the type of shooting that with appropriate firearms (i.e. quiet, low-recoil ones for newbies), would be good for getting new shooters interested in the sport.

4. I like the way Ian says "Uh-oh - Germans...!!!" before each round - probably just to irritate the PC crowd... :lol: (I guess he'd have to say "Uh-oh - Injuns...!!!" if he did the levergun/revolver duo.)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Another fun gun drill - 1911 vs M1 Carbine

Post by gamekeeper »

I enjoyed that video, the concept of the M1 carbine has always made sense to me...👍
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The first time I was taken deer hunting I was to use an M1 Carbine if a deer walked by . I still have the gun as well as the box of Norma factory soft points . The gun was my fathers and the ammunition was my maternal grandfathers as he had a Carbine as well . Both of them reside with me at the present and I doubt they ever go anywhere until they throw me on the fire . Matter of fact I’d like a couple more , my pops is a Winchester and my grandfathers an Inland . That Inland killed a bunch of fall turkey using military hardball . Grandpop would rather shoot a ten pound turkey than a ten point buck ! Then again now that I think about it a ten pound turkey is a heck of a lot easier to bring out the woods :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m probably wrong but that guy looks like one of the appraisers for Rock Island or Morphys auction houses . I also like he had what appeared to be WWII correct carbine with the two blade rear sight and no bayonet lug . Both of mine were rearmored for Korea and have the bayo lug and windage/elevation rear sight .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A fair contest and a not unexpected result when comparing a sidearm to a carbine.

I wouldn't have expected it to be as close.

What's the old saying? The best use of a pistol is to use it to fight your way to a rifle.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.