Nice Time At The Range . . . Until It Rained

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Nice Time At The Range . . . Until It Rained

Post by COSteve »

Yesterday I took 3 carbines to the range; my Uberti '66 Yellowboy in 45 Colt, my Rossi '92 in .357 Mag, and my AO M1 in .30 Carbine. Had a great time plinking out at 200yds with all three. The 125grn .357 and 200grn .45 Colt plinking loads do quite well at 200yds, better than I expected them to do in fact, and of course the .30 Carbine is at home at that range. Accuracy of all three was really quite good for the calibers and I even helped some new shooters who showed up with a couple of WWII War Babies; at German K-98 and M1 Garand neither of which they'd ever shot before.

After showing them how to load the en bloc into the M1 without killing their thumbs, they did pretty well plinking out at 200yds with them. I was surprised that both rifles were sighted in fairly well right from the rack as they let me light off a couple of rds each after I let them have a go with my carbines. I think that one of the young men was enamored with my Yellowboy and really took to it. He said he'd been thinking about a 30-30 but after shooting it, he was sold on one as his next purchase.

We were all having a great time when all of a sudden, the skies opened up and it started to rain and lightly hail so I packed up quickly and boggied home to clean up the carbines. I might try it again today or tomorrow as the forecast is for sunny and a hot 90° and even warmer tomorrow.
Steve

Noli nothis permittere te terere
“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius
"When you find a find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Nice Time At The Range . . . Until It Rained

Post by AJMD429 »

I always enjoy meeting new shooters like that.

They had nice choices in guns, too.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a great time Steve. Other than the rain.
My range is a lot like that. Most times nobody is there, however.
The oppressors have won.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I used to enjoy meeting shooters with interesting guns, fired a few guns I thought I'd never have a chance to that way. They may have felt the same way also after trying mine.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

OldWin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am
So is ours which is why it was so unusual. I guess a lot of shooters got cabin fever yesterday.
Steve

Noli nothis permittere te terere
“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius
"When you find a find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

COSteve wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm
OldWin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am
So is ours which is why it was so unusual. I guess a lot of shooters got cabin fever yesterday.
Yup. I have had the opportunity to help people a few times and it always makes me happy (thanks to my 007 range bag :D ). Like stated above by GK, it has given me the opportunity to shoot some guns I might not have had otherwise. I'm normally not social, but I enjoy chatting with folks at the range.
The oppressors have won.
Rockrat
Levergunner

Post by Rockrat »

Send some of that rain to the other side of the mountains!!!