A little sporting !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

A little sporting !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Going to do a Vintagers sporting clays get together Saturday ! It’s my intention to take five Parker’s a pair of VH 16’s , a VH 28 , a Grade 3 10 gauge four frame and the Grade 0 8 gauge 7 frame 36” . Those last two I’ve yet to shoot at flying things . Hopefully that’ll change tommorrow .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A little sporting !

Post by 6pt-sika »

For tommorrow from the top Grade 0 8 gauge 7 frame 36” , next Grade 3 10 gauge 4 frame 32” , in the middle VH 16 gauge 1 frame 30” F&F , next VH 16 gauge 0 frame 26” IC/M and finally VH 28 gauge 0 frame 26” F&F . I’m only taking 8 shells for the 8 and a single box for the 10 . But I’ve got six boxes for the 16’s and a pair for the 28 :wink:
ED6FB42B-0DD7-4780-9A7F-4EF925A6C9F1.jpeg
8D012630-6F48-4F50-A446-4393FAF68DD1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Very nice group there.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well it was an intresting morning . Shot a hundred with the pair of 16’s and no I didn’t get them , but I did get enough to not feel embarrassed ! Shot eight out of the 4 frame 10 gauge and got them all , then got six of eight with the mountain howitzer errr I mean 8 gauge , that thing you certainly have to be thinking about getting it moving . And sadly I was oughtta gas after that so no 28 gauge . After we were done Jent Mitchell and I did lunch and then I came home by 15:30 . Pleasent day considering its was 90 plus by the time we were done .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sounds like a great day outdoors.. the guns appreciate getting out of quarentine !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Grizz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 pm sounds like a great day outdoors.. the guns appreciate getting out of quarentine !
I’m paying for it now lols ! I have aches pains and stiffness in places you don’t want them . But that’s pretty much from not having shot clays in several months and it was rather warm out there today .
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Happy for you. I know you enjoyed it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lifting that 8 gauge was power lifting at its finest.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What load for the 8? I think you need to get a bag of #10s , load full house for skeet! Just think what 2 ounces of #10s would do as far as pattern density :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:29 am What load for the 8? I think you need to get a bag of #10s , load full house for skeet! Just think what 2 ounces of #10s would do as far as pattern density :lol:
The 8 loads were all 1 1/2 ounce except for a pair of 2 ounce loads . I didn’t load the 2 ounce stuff one came with the gun and the other came with the loading stuff . My friend I got the gun from sent me five shells he’d loaded to try the gun when it arrived and the 2 ounces was left . Tom Armbrust sent a pair of loaded rounds with the press and hulls as well he loaded one 1 1/2 and one with 2 ounces . Anyway I shot the pair of 2ers last and they kinda make you “roll” with the flow . I have an 8 gauge roll crimping tool that you chuck in a drill and one of the shell holder vise looking things coming from BPI this week . No I’m not planning on loading all with roll crimps but I’m gonna give her a try . I’ll be done with “acquiring” for awhile once that stuff shows up and Precision let’s me know the hulls are in . When the hulls show up I might as well order some more SP-8 wads , 8 overshot wads and 12 gauge 1/8” cards .