Mini prayer request...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Mini prayer request...

Post by AJMD429 »

...'mini' because no life-and-death issues, but still I believe prayer helps good things happen.

Coronavirus hit us like many other small businesses; sick emoyees, fearful customers, extra costs, delayed payments.

We had an agreement that we could stay at our current office site as long as we paid half of rent, with a promise to pay up as we could (CoVD19 hit hard) later after we moved to a place we could better afford (rent with maintenance fees nearly 9k a month). The landlord was going to let us out of the lease early to move to a less expensive place. Tentative move in date to the new place was going to be July 1st, but that facility needed remodeling and with the cv19 the building permit process slowed everything down. We were on the verge of asking if we could stay here until August 1st, but on the 4th of June the landlord filed a court eviction notice saying we had to be out on June 8th, just giving 4 days notice....!
We were able to negotiate a compromise of the 19th, but it's going to be hectic having to move sooner than expected, plus put most of our stuff in storage and I'm not sure if I'll be able to see patients until the new facility is ready. The NEW landlord has been very kind though, and is going to trying to find a place we can temporarily practice next door to the new place.

On top of that 3/7th of our staff found they could make more on unemployment with the government 'cv19 bonus' than if they returned to work...so we had to interview/replace staff as well...!

It's been a crazy week moving into a not-ready place, but I think we will have our stuff out by lock-out tomorrow...
:|

Can't complain much though; the privilege of being able to (occasionally, often by a hybrid of dumb-luck and Divine Guidance) help patients, makes it worth it.

Man am I tired though....my job is mostly mental, but here I've spent a week moving tens of thousands of pounds of charts,equipment, and furniture. Thankfully my young staff has perseverence, loyalty, and organizational skills to compliment my old-geezer upper body strength and stubnorness-disguised as 'stamina'... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Mini prayer request...

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up Doc.

My wife walked around our downtown area yesterday. She told me many of the long time small businesses have signs saying they are out of business. Some are multi-generational. Most of those are owned by folks my age and they just decided to close shop and retire. The problem will be getting new businesses in those places. I'm reminded daily just how lucky my sisters and I are during this time. And I give thanks daily.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Prayers for you. I am going through a similar life change after 28 years with same company. I have been blessed and things are looking up if all the plans come to fruition this year. Starting over at 52 is something I never visualized. I am Rolling the dice and going for broke Literally. Independent livestock farming has all but ceased to exist and the Covid effect on the markets have and are driving the few of us left out of business completely. The Packing industry has sucked every bit of equity out of the producers and are still unwilling to let producers have some scraps. We sold sows last week for 10 cents per pound and they would be cheap at 40 cents. hundreds of thousands of baby pigs have been euthanized or aborted by the producers.

I hope that those of us that try to do the right thing, honor our obligations, and live up to our word to the point of bankruptcy will somehow prevail.

Keep up the good work Doc!

FP
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Sure thing Doc......9K a month? 4 days notice? That sucks....maybe you ought to move your business to California where renters have more rights than the landowner.....or maybe you could somehow get hooked up with abortion loving Planned Parenthood and have the taxpayers pick up most of the tab.

I'm sick of the way this country is going....sorry to go off topic..I had a miserable day.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers up.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about the trials and tribulations of just trying to stay in business in this crazy world. I hope and pray things turn out ok.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Up
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, you are waging a noble struggle, and God bless you and your staff for it.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Prayers up for your situation Doc.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Hang in there.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Update - we had to 'vacate the property' by 5 pm today....and at 4 pm we were pulling away with the last U-Haul load of stuff and keys turned in.

My employees and their families turned out to help with the huge moving project. We made 12 trips with a 20-foot truck packed to the gills...!

Now to sort and settle-in. But at least we beat the deadline hanging over our heads.

God seems to provide a path to those who work for it, and hopefully, deserve it. I guess I have signed up to help a bunch of people stay healthy for the next decade or so....but since that's my passion, it isn't a whole lot different than if one of us got 'called' to develop a perfect hunting load for each and every levergun cartridge using our favorite firearm in each chambering... :mrgreen:

After I catch up on sleep tomorrow I'll be back at-it getting settled in and ready to see patients next week... 8)

Thanks for all your support. Leverguns is a great site, and great people.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Your welcome doc...you have helped many here, myself included, with your vast knowledge to which we are grateful. Plus, your a fun guy to talk to....great sense of humor!

I've always believed the Good Lord helps those who help themselves.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prays up as always for you Doc. My dad was a GP in the old days, passed away in 1973. He could have never lived thru this foolishness.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up for sure.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Continued prays for all medical people and for peace Doc.! You are one of the good’uns.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Mini Prayers Up!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thanks for all your prayers and kind words.

We are getting settled in. Now just gotta get the building permit people to approve putting in sinks and some walls....

....and you all KNOW just how much I love 'bureaucracy'... :lol: :roll:

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sounds like you got the "perserverance gene", a close companion of "dogged determination"...

just think how useful we would have been when the nation was a fresh startup!