Accurate molds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Accurate molds

Post by hondo1892 »

I ordered an Accurate mold about a week ago for a .430 240 grain bullet and a .460 305 grain bullet for 44mag and 45-60 lever guns. The site said three week turn around but it arrived today. I was excited and opened the package right away. To my disappointment it only had the .429 bullet cut into the blocks. I sent Tom an email there when I got back home from town and he answered it back in just a few hours. He said somehow on the order form the .460 bullet didn't show up but he said he would replace it with a two cavity mold for free. I love supporting a business that is so willing to make things right. I know how hard it can be sometimes to keep customers happy. I've made things good for customers that weren't my fault before and probably will do it again. I figure it will get more good advertisement than an add in a magazine. Now I will have two new molds to use soon. I've ordered from Accurate before and have been pleased with the molds from Tom. I wish he would cut round nose designs though because I would like a clone of the Lyman 45 ACP round nose boolit. If your looking for a custom boolit mold I think Accurate is one of the best ones around.
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Re: Accurate molds

Post by historicfirearms »

I've been looking over his offerings appropriate for the 32 special. Trying to make up my mind which one before I order. Glad to hear about the good customer service.

Do you like his brass or aluminum blocks better?
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I prefer the aluminum blocks because they won't warp. The first mold I bought from him was brass and I ended up warping it from over heating. I have two bullet designs from Accurate for the 32 WS and one is a clone of the rcbs bullet that drops at 180 grs. and the other is like an old Lyman bullet but is much lighter. The lighter bullet doesn't shoot very well from my 94 but it may be that I haven't slowed it down enough. The heavier bullet shoots very good with twist rate of the 32.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I ordered my first mold from Accurate a couple of weeks ago. It arrived in about a weeks time! I was surprised. I got a four cavity aluminum mold for the new .44-40, I haven't smoked it yet, so is still unused. Having to replace the shocks on the Rose is time consuming! I still have to get a sizing die, but included with my order were 2 top punches... (usually the last thing I order for any particular bullet)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I have ordered a number of moulds from Accurate. Tom makes a great mould and will work with you.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Another Accurate fan here. Tom's molds always cast well for me.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Accurate molds are excellent and Tom is a wonderful guy. I have 8 or 9 of his molds and there are are always more I'm eyeing.

The reason he doesn't do round or spire point designs is that he makes his molds by lathe boring, not a cherry.

Eric
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve got two Accurate molds all be it I bought both used . But they do the job for which they were purchased .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !