High Walls

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

High Walls

Post by Fisher-Price »

Took the 1885's out for some fun yesterday. 6.5 Creedmoor and the .38-55
Yeah, I know the Creedmoor is a new fad cartridge but when you stick it in some Walnut and Steel I get weak. It actually shoots very well and not much recoil, was just having fun so no targets to show.

FP
IMG_6641.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: High Walls

Post by gamekeeper »

Beautiful looking rifles . . . . :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Actually the 6.5 CM is just a rebadged and renamed 6.5-250 Savage Ackley Improved...
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm Actually the 6.5 CM is just a rebadged and renamed 6.5-250 Savage Ackley Improved...
My Blackhawk clips must be in the same place as my re-badged Ackley. I do not have anything beyond a hunting 3x10 setup, plain cross hairs with no hash-marks. I wanted one "target" type rifle and scope to play with at longer distances, been fun so far.

FP
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Its a great cartridge, with a new name. I meant no malice sarcasm. Its very fitting for a nice single shot. Always amazed me how it took so long for the 6.5's to catch on.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

None taken, I've been averaging 1/2 inch to an inch with the 6.5 at 100 but I also only use a front bag and no rear bag, rifle on the shoulder on so the rifle probably moves more. I'm sure I could make miraculous one hole groups if I threw it in the sled but that's not shooting to me.

I did accidentally make a clover leaf with that 38-55 at 100 yards when I first got it, hasn't happened since. Once in a while I get all the same blurry in all the same place :mrgreen:

FP
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The 1885s have always been a favorite of mine. I was looking at a new .22 Magnum Low Wall yesterday. Might go back for it, haven't decided yet.

Here's my Uberti in 30-40, it's a tack driver and a ton of fun to shoot!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice looking guns which shoot accurately are never a wrong thing to see.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I love high walls as well, here s a pic of my C Sharps high wall in 22lr a fantastic little gun

historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Oh my, love to see these high (and low) walls. I had to sell my B78 when times got tough but someday would like to get another high wall. Always wanted one in 33 wcf.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

That C Sharps 22lr is really nice. I've had a long time desire for a Low Wall which they offer in 22 Hornet.