Low creek flow Ram Pump

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Low creek flow Ram Pump

Post by Tycer »

I’ve been watering my garden from my creek for a decade now. Well, “creek” is an overstatement. It flows a solid 6 gallons per minute. Unless it rains. Then it’s a foot deep and three feet wide. I have a 550 gallon tank that is finally set up like a well pump so I was able to add proper drip irrigation and fertigation.
https://youtu.be/v8vnElJaYxU
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Low creek flow Ram Pump

Post by 6pt-sika »

Back when I was doing the old steam and gas engine shows , one of the guys in our bunch was big into collecting old antique water rams . I think he had thirty to forty of them
In various sizes .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good move...... :D .....I believe in using all resources at your disposal even though many times it's not time effective, but it sure is cost effective. Our little spring out back flows at 25 gallons a minute of crystal clear water.....good enough for a 1,000 sq. ft. pond.

Sure, use the water, the wood, the oil, the minerals, whatever. The way this world is going there probably won't be people left in another 100 years. The rest of the world sure doesn't seem to give a damm.

I've been trying for years figuring out how to do away with electricity but the outlay is much larger than the payback.---6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Some States are kind of stupid about using natural resources. I think it is Oregon that has made it illegal to collect runoff rain water. As long as you are not taking all of the water in the creek, my opinion is that you should be allowed to use some of it. It is good that North Carolina is not giving you any trouble.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:28 pm Good move...... :D .....I believe in using all resources at your disposal even though many times it's not time effective, but it sure is cost effective. Our little spring out back flows at 25 gallons a minute of crystal clear water.....good enough for a 1,000 sq. ft. pond.

Sure, use the water, the wood, the oil, the minerals, whatever. The way this world is going there probably won't be people left in another 100 years. The rest of the world sure doesn't seem to give a damm.

I've been trying for years figuring out how to do away with electricity but the outlay is much larger than the payback.---6
My wife has a rain barrel that collects water off the overhang of my boat shelter and uses a trickle hose in the garden. Not much but every little bit helps during the dry spells.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I have a pretty big original ram, maybe ya remember the vids i posted, if ya have a down hill spot from the stream ya can dig a hole in the stream so it fills with water then run a pipe from it to the ram to get more lift.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

water rams are ingenious technology. I know a place in the woods in Alaska that has several working. great to hear they are still around
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Is it really a surprise Oregon would have a rule against something sensible like storing something useful that isn't always available? The jackasses from the south are determined to ruin a great place.

Post by Rusty »

Years ago the magazine MOTHER EARTH NEWS printed a few articles about how to build a water wheel for a low output hydroelectric setups. I always thought I'd like to have one of those if only I had a stream.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.