The X Ring survival reloader.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

The X Ring survival reloader.

Post by gamekeeper »

Not wanting to hijack 3leggedturtle's thread on the 28 gauge Lee Loader I thought I would ask you guys if you have seen the X Ring survival reloader in action?
Obviously not a large volume reloader but sufficient to keep me hunting.
the-x-ring-survival-loader-410-ga.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The X Ring survival reloader.

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I like that gonna hafta watch a utuber vid on it.

You betta knot step on my thread, i got a pair of New Orleans Aces, smoothbore .44's and id hafta challenge you to a dual fer the principal of the matter :lol: :P
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Whackamole for the 21 century.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I bought one and it works ok. My main beef is that the shells are a little swollen near the crimp with 3 inch shells and my Armscor PAS 410 pump gun doesn't feed them slick.(tight chamber) That said I can load one for hunting with factory loads behind it and if I shoot well I just load another after I pick up the game. 2 1/2 inch load better though so Win AA's are ok.
I think it would be fine for a break gun or bolt .410. and I got a roll crimper that seems to make a shell that feeds better when I use new shells but Im not sure How they will hold up to repeated loading.
I won this gun and its been a fun diversion and a few squirrels have met there fate to a load of nickel #7's from it loaded with this loader.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check into it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Due to the Chinese virus X Ring are not sending out any international orders, I just sent an email asking when they thought they'd resume shipping, got a reply almost immediately from a guy called Barry, he gave me a link to someone on eBay so I ordered one straight away.... delivery 4th July..... :D
EdinCT thanks for the info ... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Paco used to make a 28 and a .410 reloader, have you checked that?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Rusty wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:10 pm Paco used to make a 28 and a .410 reloader, have you checked that?
I had forgotten about Paco's reloader but it was more expensive. Just got another email from X Ring saying that they have spoken to the vendor and it will be on it's way across the pond shortly... :D
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

One thing I forgot to say was they included a Hornady .410 crimp starter with mine. It works pretty darn good!
I hope you have fun with it.
I also was surprised when I loaded some 00 buck and saw the patterns at 20 yards. Up close its serious medicine!
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Does anyone make anything similar for a 10 gauge? I have recently acquired a Zabalos Hermanos Eibar 10 gauge side by side imported by rRichardson Arms co. 32 inch full and full choke. I need to do a post on it, good story goes with it.

FP
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My X Ring survival reloader came today, it looks really well made and thought out, the darn Chinese virus has stopped me from getting any components but will be ordering what I can on line if the postage is not too excessive..The service from XRing is excellent by the way... :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:09 pm My X Ring survival reloader came today, it looks really well made and thought out, the darn Chinese virus has stopped me from getting any components but will be ordering what I can on line if the postage is not too excessive..The service from XRing is excellent by the way... :D
Three days early to boot! :)