28 gauge Lee loader...........Update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

28 gauge Lee loader...........Update

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I have a Lee lee loader in 28 gauge. Its the whack-a-mole type. Have any of you seen these, or know how many were made and when? Asked on Cast Boolits too, so they must be rare and valuable huh? All i know is they are gonna cost me about $5-700 for an O/U 28 gauge. Just wanted a 20 gauge loader and didnt notice they werent 20 gauge until I got home.
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 28 gauge Lee loader

Post by Marvin S »

I would like to have a .410 bore and 28 gauge load all or wack a mole set.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Marvin S wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:44 pm I would like to have a .410 bore and 28 gauge load all or wack a mole set.
+ 1. The .410 Lee Loader is like rocking horse poop.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Get the gun to go with your reloading tools. You are not alone. CZ makes a dandy looking 28 gauge side by side.
vonfilm
Levergunner

Post by vonfilm »

You can get a nice little Yildiz 28 gauge O/U at Academy for not very much money. I love mine.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a 28 gauge H&R that I love. For my purpose around the farmstead a .410 is just a little too small but I don't quite need a 20 ga. Paco makes a combo 410/28 loader that he has for sale on his site.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nath and GK, I bought a o/u 28 gauge folder made in Italy by Investarms and marked Sile Inc. only cost me $350.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

3leggedturtle wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:59 am Nath and GK, I bought a o/u 28 gauge folder made in Italy by Investarms and marked Sile Inc. only cost me $350.
Congratulations.. 8)
I have had a couple of Investarm O/U folders both in .410 and still have a Single barrel folder .410 by Investarm, they are good little guns, the one thing to remember with the O/U is that the top lever cocks the action, if you don't push that lever hard all the way it will only cock one hammer. The Italians make them with double triggers but I have only found the single non selective trigger models in the UK, that's the only reason I let mine go, I cannot stand single triggers on a double barrel shotgun. The 28 gauge punches way above its weight, if I could find one with two triggers I would snap it up ...... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 28 gauge Lee loader...........Update

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I was a little bummed it was non selective trigger. Also got a CVA marked top lever 20 gauge folder made in Italy. Then got a 12 gauge folder with the barrel release trigger in front of trigger guard. Its marked BSA made in italy. Has chromed receiver with nice roll engraving. Got 25 rem-umc brass 12 gauge shells in a Herter's shell box for it. You can can dec-cock the shotgun with the lever .

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My .410 folder is marked BSA, I have had a 20 gauge single shot folder and my first 12 gauge many years ago was also a single shot folder, I quite like the design, originally designed by Beretta. The single selective trigger would be an improvement but not known for reliability in inexpensive guns, I bought my second Investarm O/U because I was going to convert it to double triggers, I emailed Investarm and they said it was easy but the price of the parts was more than I was willing to pay. Investarm also make that O/U with the top barrel and bottom barrel in two different gauges, eg 28g / .410 they are all double triggers but I don't fancy the idea much.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Here's a link to the Investarm combination O/U this one is 20g / .410 but they make them in different combinations.

https://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/15283-I ... g-for-sale
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you decide you don't want to invest in another gun and need to shed the loader let me know.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.