I Got A Harley Trike....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

I Got A Harley Trike....

Post by Blaine »

2020 Freewheeler...been busy putting "pelosi" on it for a month.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I Got A Harley Trike....

Post by 3leggedturtle »

What has been the good and bad so far? Did you have change any driving habits?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Wow! :shock: :shock: Nice. A custom tuba trailer would fit right in 8)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:37 pm What has been the good and bad so far? Did you have change any driving habits?
All good, no bad.
No leaning to steer.
Rides a might rougher than a big bagger (solid rear axel)
Very comfortable and stable....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

That's nice. What I like a lot is the fact that as we age we get weaker. You will never lay that one down.
Click Click Boom
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool beans Blaine, we put 30,000 miles on one few years back and loved it wish I had it now.
Wasn't a Harley though it was 97 Goldwing. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

that rear rack is just perfect for the tuba !
cable
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Find a suitable Tuba rack for it and then you will have a trike with its own air horn! 8)
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Congrats Blaine. You gonna do a road trip this summer? Please take lots of pics to share.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That is a fine looking machine.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I was all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: until read that "solid rear axle"... then my butt started to hurt!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:33 pm I was all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: until read that "solid rear axle"... then my butt started to hurt!
It rides better than a sheet of plywood pulled by horses. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Roadsmith offers a conversion kit for trikes with independent rear suspension, longer wheelbase, and additional storage and a reverse gear. I'm sure this kit is very inexpensive :wink: :wink: one of my American Legion pals is looking at trikes.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

And now you can pull to a stop and not put a foot or kickstand down!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Gobblerforge wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:47 am That's nice. What I like a lot is the fact that as we age we get weaker. You will never lay that one down.
Yeah, I have questions about that. When I drove a meter-maid three wheeler in SF one day, borrowed from the shop, I found it very easy to get up on two wheels, without the benefit of the side hack's handling, where 2 wheels is the norm, or a 3 wheel slide. but the meter maid ride was unsettling. maybe Blaine's ride is too heavy to catapault, but I'd like to see it. come on over . . .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:33 pm I was all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: until read that "solid rear axle"... then my butt started to hurt!
Heck Griff you could get it fixed with a Bostrom seat.

When I was a kid we used to go to the city in downtown Baltimore. I'd see traffic cops ridding Harley trikes. I think they called them servicemasters or something like that. Those guys would jump medians and everything else with them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:15 am
Gobblerforge wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:47 am That's nice. What I like a lot is the fact that as we age we get weaker. You will never lay that one down.
Yeah, I have questions about that. When I drove a meter-maid three wheeler in SF one day, borrowed from the shop, I found it very easy to get up on two wheels, without the benefit of the side hack's handling, where 2 wheels is the norm, or a 3 wheel slide. but the meter maid ride was unsettling. maybe Blaine's ride is too heavy to catapault, but I'd like to see it. come on over . . .
You may, or may not know that trikes and 2 wheel scoots with sidecars will lift the outside wheel if you get too crazy on them in a tight turn/curve. You can't steer a trike by leaning in the direction of the turn. In fact, if you are riding in a spirited manner, you would want to lean as far as possible to the outside of the turn so your weight will keep the outside wheel down. I don't ride that fast anymore and have not had any problems. 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Never rode one of the trikes. Some of the members at Church have trikes. A couple of the 2 wheels on the front and 1 on the back are there. The owners say that it is a bit of a learning curve. It looks like a lot of fun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What sort of fuel mileage do you get? Any issues with people failing to see you, or pretending that they didn't see you? I drive a Camry and have more trouble with Dodge Pickups trying to hit me than anything else. I have started carrying a laser pointer and shining it in their face when they are looking right at me and still moving into the space I am in. They get right back in their lane rather fast when I do that. Especially when they have already left a dent in my car and act as if they didn't notice.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Looks like an awesome machine!!
talked to a bud of mine up in International Falls Mn. and this spring he bought a Harley trike, said its a great machine but was
wondering what happened, because it was just yesterday that he was racing bikes & any thing else that had an engine
he wasn't going to give up riding

Brad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

ollogger wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 pm Looks like an awesome machine!!
talked to a bud of mine up in International Falls Mn. and this spring he bought a Harley trike, said its a great machine but was
wondering what happened, because it was just yesterday that he was racing bikes & any thing else that had an engine
he wasn't going to give up riding

Brad
With my bad back, and shot shoulders, I started having trouble with the huge baggers about 8 years ago....Didn't ride much for a couple years, and then wanted to get back in the game.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Looking good. Hope you get to keep riding it as long as the desire is there. Are you going to do any camping with it?

I saw a cool old 45 Servi-car trike that had a shortened Ford model A (I think?) bed on it. Looked cool and gave pretty good hauling space.

Ive been out of the riding game for a long time, the spark started again a couple years ago. I like the oldies, knuckles and pans, but they are out of my budget now, and are expensive to outfit with electric start. I wound up with an 84 Low Rider, I like the lean and clean look and handling (610 lbs curb wt) and improved ground clearance of the slightly longer front end for curb hopping and dirt roading and such. I looked at the trikes but concluded a sidecar would be good for dealing with my bum back and hip and hauling a large dog and lots of junk around, and hopefully to do some camping again in Az/Ut one day.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Nice bike! I can still ride my two wheeler but after multiple shoulder surgeries its painful to go very far or fast due to the wind pulling on my shoulder joints.
I noticed the backrest on your seat and it got me thinking that might help my problem. Does it provide enough support for your upper body? Also, can you still swing your leg over it to get on the bike?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

historicfirearms wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:36 am Nice bike! I can still ride my two wheeler but after multiple shoulder surgeries its painful to go very far or fast due to the wind pulling on my shoulder joints.
I noticed the backrest on your seat and it got me thinking that might help my problem. Does it provide enough support for your upper body? Also, can you still swing your leg over it to get on the bike?
Yes, and yes....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Blaine in 2012 when I headed up to Fairbanks I swear half the Harley's were trikes, not only that, the couples riding them looked like they outweighed the trike. They also had everything and the kitchen sink with.... Goldwings were a mojority along with Dual Sport bikes. Was big change from the 90's when Harley bikes outnumbered all the other combined.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Blaine wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:54 pmYou may, or may not know that trikes and 2 wheel scoots with sidecars will lift the outside wheel if you get too crazy on them in a tight turn/curve.
Wow....that seems very counterintuitive...!

I'm sure is wreck one my first ride... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "