Barreling 336

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KS25-06
Levergunner

Barreling 336

Post by KS25-06 »

I have two 336's that I want to change barrels on. I have the Marlin factory barrels. One is a 32 Special that I want to have installed on a 336 action and later convert to straight grip. The other is an original Marauder that some moron bored out to a 35 Lever Power, and then marked over the factory stamping. For those that might not know, it is an improved 30-40 Krag case. I have a factory 35 Remington barrel and would like to rebarrel it and shorten barrel as close to original as possible. I am looking for a good gun smith that is familiar about the problems of barreling Marlins lever guns. Any help appreciated. James.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: Barreling 336

Post by wvfarrier »

Dove Guns in WV
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Nonneman’s in Missouri does custom barrels so should have no trouble with factory barrels. Their web site is down right now.

John Taylor Machine in Washington also makes custom barrels, and more. I don’t recall ever seeing any but favorable comments on his work.

I haven’t worked with either as yet but hope to have a custom Marlin made up one day.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Closer to home you might try Steve Baldwin in Oklahoma City. Or Steve Durren at Johnson's Sporting Goods in Adrian, Mi. Both very high quality gunsmiths that can do any work well. Might save some money on shipping being close.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
KS25-06
Levergunner

Post by KS25-06 »

Thank you all for the replies. I have had these pieces for years and need to get them completed. Getting to the age when something might happen.