Good deal or not?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Good deal or not?

Post by barbarossa »

Have a chance to get another belgian 1952 Navy trainer 22lr on the the plus side it has an interesting serial number 007 (must be james bonds gun lol).The owner wants my Ruger no 1 in 303british and $350 for it .I kind of think it's a bit high as I purchased my other belgian trainer
For about $400 cheaper and mine has the rear peep sight where this one doesn t.What do you think good deal or not

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Good deal or not?

Post by marlinman93 »

Seems high, and considering you have one already, I'd be less inclined to pay up for another.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'd snag it for a resale. In this great nation there is a "seat for every azz". That means people who collect old trainers will pay big for low serial numbers.....I'd still try to beat down the price a bit...I agree with Marlinman, it is a bit high.....make it an even swap for the 303 or walk away.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Seems a bit high to me but I guess it depends on how valuable that 007 number is.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Ya I m leaning on passing on it,as the serial number is kind of cool but really not enough for the price the owner is asking.Also the guy is kind of hard to deal with and won t budge an inch on his price and insists on shipping guns by mail when we could easily meet up and do the deal
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

barbarossa wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:17 pm Ya I m leaning on passing on it,as the serial number is kind of cool but really not enough for the price the owner is asking.Also the guy is kind of hard to deal with and won t budge an inch on his price and insists on shipping guns by mail when we could easily meet up and do the deal
Red Flag? :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

barbarossa wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:17 pm Ya I m leaning on passing on it,as the serial number is kind of cool but really not enough for the price the owner is asking.Also the guy is kind of hard to deal with and won t budge an inch on his price and insists on shipping guns by mail when we could easily meet up and do the deal
See ya!---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD