new CBC made Rossi 92s?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

new CBC made Rossi 92s?

Post by mickbr »

I am a bit confused on this subject. I heard CBC is now making Rossi 1892's and they are pretty good. Just wondering how long they have been making them for as I have read posts on the net about CBC guns as old as 1992? Did they have the manufacturing rights at different times over the past?

Also wondering how to work out whether new stock at the LGS is CBC? Reports are the finish, cycling and feeding of the shorter cases( 38 in 357 for example) is a little better than Rossi usually is off the shelf. Thanks for any thoughts.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new CBC made Rossi 92s?

Post by fordwannabe »

Who is CBC?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

fordwannabe wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:15 pm Who is CBC?
According to Wikipedia CBC Companhia Brasileira de Caruchos, is the largest ammunition manufacturing company in the world.
Founded in 1926 took over by Remington and ICI in 1936 and privately owned since 1979.
I have one of their MagTech semi auto .22s. They used to make a pump action shotgun that was a nock off of the 870 as well as single barrel shotguns.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Fordtruckfan89
Levergunner

Post by Fordtruckfan89 »

CBC bought Rossi in 2015. I believe they started making the model 92s in 2017. I have a CBC made Rossi 92 in 357. So far I like it, doesn't seem to need much smoothing at all. Still not sure on the production year.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

I have a break action 20ga that was made by CBC and imported by FIE in the mid 1980s I think. I've always thought that even though it was a 'no name' gun that it seemed very well made, and locks up nice and tight.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I am surprised that Steve from Steve's Guns hasn't seen this yet He would be the Guy to know. You could give Him a call.
https://stevesgunz.com/