Memorial Weekend old standbys !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Memorial Weekend old standbys !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well in honor of Memorial Day I watched “Sargent York” with Gary Cooper last night and at the moment I’m watching “MacArthur” with Gregory Peck . Looks like more and more all the movies I prefer watching were made before I was born or made when I was quite young !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Memorial Weekend old standbys !

Post by GunnyMack »

I watched Sgt York a couple weeks ago!
HBO used to do Band of Brothers every Memorial Day, I'd watch that for sure.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Ain't that the truth....with FIOS we have something like 1500 channels.....scrolling through I might find 3 that I like and yep, most were made in forties or fifties....a few good ones about the Vietnam war came out sometime back, like "Platoon", "Apocalypse Now", American Sniper..etc....Don't watch nothing concerning anything Hollywood that's nothing but swearing, gangsta culture, t & a, feel good b.s. or other propaganda stuff that wants me to love Muslims or other low life's.

Watched a little of this movie called "machine gun preacher" yesterday......what's going on there can't be fixed...--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HBO is playing PACIFIC series tomorrow, havent seen it so I sat the DVR.

You are right Six - nothing good from howyweird in years! Well except for anything Mel Brooks, he's a WW2 vet and decorated!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 pm Ha! Ain't that the truth....with FIOS we have something like 1500 channels.....scrolling through I might find 3 that I like and yep, most were made in forties or fifties....a few good ones about the Vietnam war came out sometime back, like "Platoon", "Apocalypse Now", American Sniper..etc....Don't watch nothing concerning anything Hollywood that's nothing but swearing, gangsta culture, t & a, feel good b.s. or other propaganda stuff that wants me to love Muslims or other low life's.

Watched a little of this movie called "machine gun preacher" yesterday......what's going on there can't be fixed...--6
I watched John Wayne in “Green Betets” after MacArthur was finished :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Mel Brooks...he's great........

Blazing Saddles!
Model A Uzi’s
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

John Millius made some good stuff.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

This veteran spent Memorial Day building (or rebuilding) a 30 ft. cedar fence at my oldest daughter's home. The previous owner had her two brothers (carpenters?) put up over 200 ft. of fence around her yard, but there was a 30" diameter tree trunk right on the property line that had been cut down to an 8 ft. tall trunk. The bozos built the fence right up to it, and attached it to the tree trunk on each side. Daughter finally got it removed, and the landscapers destroyed some fencing doing so. That's when we discovered the "carpenters had gotten the fence in 6" off from each side of the tree trunk! Add to that they installed the cedar boards with a bunch of finishing nails (about 35-40 per board!!) and boards simply fell off when the tree was removed. Who uses finishing nails, and especially nails that only penetrate maybe 3/8" through the boards? Guess that's why they used so many. Thinking more little nails would hold? The boards looked like spike strips the cops use!
So dad got elected to rebuild and rework the fence to fix the offset, and replace posts, and boards. It started out as "we" can do this quickly, to where did the girls go? The gals estimated a couple hours work, and almost 8 hrs. later this old guy finally had a nice fence done. Only problem now is this 30 ft. offence is nicer and stronger than the other 170 ft. of fence. Hope I'm not back there rebuilding it all!
Happy Memorial Day! My tail is still dragging today!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/