Tula sxs.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Tula sxs.

Post by Nath »

Hi fellers. I just acquired a T0-66 sxs 12g hammer gun. I have heard folk call them TOZ 6???
I would love to know how to date the thing, can you help please.
IMG_20200512_193242643.jpg
N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Tula sxs.

Post by gamekeeper »

Hi Nath, I sold my TOZ66 a couple of months back, it was virtually unfired when I bought it a couple of years ago, it was stamped made in the USSR so probably Cold War era or just after.
I had to smooth the extractor quite a bit as it was stopping the action from opening easily and the hammers were extremely hard to cock, I didn't want to lighten the main springs in case it started to misfire, I have heard that was a problem. A lot of folks call them Baikal but TOZ 66 is what they are called by the Russians, smaller gauges have a different number after TOZ, I used to have a couple of 16 gauge side X side hammer guns made by Tula and they were tough well made but no frills shotguns.
Sorry I can't date yours but if it's marked made in Russia it will be a later model than mine, I do not know if that model is still made because they came out with a newer Hammer gun with a completely new action a few years ago.
SUNP0012.JPG
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

this guy can tell you all about your shotgun:

https://sportingbookworm.wordpress.com/ ... -attentio/
cable
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

hfcable wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 pm this guy can tell you all about your shotgun:

https://sportingbookworm.wordpress.com/ ... -attentio/
Interesting link 8)
Squirrels didn't like my Russian guns much.
IMG_20170614_164624.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My Russian TOZ 63 16 gauge.
squirrels003.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I had one of the Bakail hammer guns years ago and it was a good gun ,heavy but built like a tank.I bought a Pedersoli La Bohiemme but sold it when I found a nice V a Bernadelli Italia as i found the Pedersoli a bit heavy and didn t care for the finish on the stock.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thank you everyone.
I don't see any method for dating in the link but thanks anyway.
This one says " made in the USSR" but that was a long period of time!
One video suggested before the 1950's!
I'll keep researching I guess.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

there is a place to sign up [ free] and then you have a dialog box to ask him questions, and then he will post and email you the answer
cable
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

hfcable wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:12 am there is a place to sign up [ free] and then you have a dialog box to ask him questions, and then he will post and email you the answer
Ahh, thank you very much.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!