Shooting with the Grand-Daughters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Shooting with the Grand-Daughters

Post by JimT »

I am in Oklahoma for a while, staying with my oldest daughter and her husband. I came up to help them with some projects, one of which is putting a shooting range on their property. The other day 3 of my grand-daughters were with us and we christened the range with 9mm and 45 ACP projectiles. We have some weights that are used on tractors .. about 3 feet long .. 8 inches wide ... 1 1/4 thick steel. These make excellent targets and we put them to good use.

This was the first time in many years that I was able to shoot with the grand-daughters. The last time was at a CSA event probably 15 years ago. One of the grand-daughters had just purchased a Ruger 9mm and it was fun helping her get it running.

I am gonna be here a while and am looking forward to more shooting with the grandkids!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Shooting with the Grand-Daughters

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool...!

Glad to hear you're getting time with family...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

:D :D :D .
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Glad to have you on this side of the Red. ITSASS is shooting the 10th and I'm thinking about going. Bandanas required.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Good for you Jim.I REALLY want to go shooting with my Grandson but since he’s only 10 months old His Mom said I have wait. Dagnabbit. But Mom he has his own 22 already.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Have fun. My Dad is an Okie. Only people I know of who can make an event out of throwing cattle excrement for measured distance. Beaver Oklahoma Cow Chip Throwing.
https://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.17823
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost