1st Ammendment

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

1st Ammendment

Post by 1894c »

1 Ammendment -- -- Congress shall make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. ... :)
94560187_802136586942423_4479883402077536256_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: 1st Ammendment

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah. Government can suggest some things but not force them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

In Oregon our governor declared an emergency and made all kinds of requirements. The Oregon constitution says she can do that for 15 days then the legislature must meet and vote to extend it by a 2/3 vote. She has not done that at all, she is in violation of Oregon law.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I totally get the fact that you have constitutional rights, heck I wish we had them over here, but have you thought that sometimes you need your government to govern. Isn't that what you elect them to do, run the country or state in your best interests.
We've been isolating like a boss over here for weeks now, and it seems to be working. We haven't killed the bug, but at least we've stopped it killing us.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

gundownunder wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm I totally get the fact that you have constitutional rights, heck I wish we had them over here, but have you thought that sometimes you need your government to govern. Isn't that what you elect them to do, run the country or state in your best interests.
We've been isolating like a boss over here for weeks now, and it seems to be working. We haven't killed the bug, but at least we've stopped it killing us.
This is a test. The government/"news" media is learning how much power the subjects-oops, I mean citizens, are willing to concede to the media/politicians (i.e: ruling class, Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Mussolini, etc.).

Constitutional rights are meaningless unless the people enforce them.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

gundownunder wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm We've been isolating like a boss over here for weeks now, and it seems to be working. We haven't killed the bug, but at least we've stopped it killing us.
Absent both a vaccine and a sure-fire treatment, that seems only to be delaying the inevitable, at fantastic economic cost. The big question, then: Will either of those be developed in time? Only time will tell.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

gundownunder wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm I totally get the fact that you have constitutional rights, heck I wish we had them over here, but have you thought that sometimes you need your government to govern. Isn't that what you elect them to do, run the country or state in your best interests.
I think this is why we opened a BIG can of woopass against the British government in 1775... :)
funny_can_of_whoopass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.