The wisdom in a glass of beer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

The wisdom in a glass of beer

Post by Bill in Oregon »

A friend sent this. Hope it is all true.

Wisdom of a glass of beer

Wisdom from a multitude of deep thinkers. Enjoy!

"Sometimes, when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams.
If I did not drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, it is better to drink this beer & let
dreams come true, than be selfish & worry about
my liver.”
Babe Ruth

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.”
Paul Horning

"24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.
Coincidence? I think not!”
H. L. Mencken

"When we drink, we get drunk When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven.”
George Bernard Shaw

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Benjamin Franklin

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention,
But the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza”
Dave Barry
Then Pizza IS a wheel

“Beer: Helping ugly people have sex since 3000 B.C.”
W. C. Fields

“Remember ‘I’ before ‘E,’ except in Budweiser.”
Professor Irwin Corey

“To some it is a six-pack. To me, it is a Support Group. Salvation in a can.”
Leo Durocher

One night at Cheers ,
a TV Sitcom,Cliff Clavin said to his buddy, Norm Peterson: "Well, ya see, Normy, it's like this .. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd
is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain
cells. But, naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers!”
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The wisdom in a glass of beer

Post by FWiedner »

Apparently Cliff never hunted buffalo.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.
(The Proverbs, 31:6 - 7)

Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
(Mark Twain)

Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak.
(Johnny Carson)

“I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy it might be. You have asked me how I feel about whiskey. All right, here is how I feel about whiskey.

If when you say whiskey you mean the devil’s brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster that defiles innocence, dethrones reason, destroys the home, creates misery and poverty, yea, literally takes the bread from the mouths of little children; if you mean the evil drink that topples the Christian man and woman from the pinnacle of righteous, gracious living into the bottomless pit of degradation and despair and shame and helplessness and hopelessness, then certainly I am against it.

But; If when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman’s step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life’s great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.”
(Judge Noah “Soggy” Sweat - Southern legislator and Judge)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

EXCELLENT.🍻 🍻 🍻
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, FABULOUS POST amigo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

"This post is proof that Bill and Jim like us and want us to be happy."

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Great post and comments....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

RE: Johnny Carson's comment about the dog. We had a firehouse dog named Spot. He would rather have had the beer. But he knew his limit better than any GI regardless of age or sex.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

jeepnik wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm RE: Johnny Carson's comment about the dog. We had a firehouse dog named Spot. He would rather have had the beer. But he knew his limit better than any GI regardless of age or sex.
I could have learned a lot from Spot...... :oops:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.