Interesting analysis of the response to the virus

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Interesting analysis of the response to the virus

Post by Bill in Oregon »

TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Interesting analysis of the response to the virus

Post by TraderVic »

Read it.............Interesting.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

TraderVic wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:39 am Read it.............Interesting.
+1
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I read it. Based on Mark Levin pointing out what the older brother to Fredo the Pedo Cuomo did, it sure does sound correct.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

All very valid points. Plus the early and prophylactic treatment with very basic, safe, and inexpensive things (vitamin C and zinc for starters), then escalating to the others (elderberry, licorice, Plaquenil, doxycycline, low-dose naltrexone, etc) UNDER THE ADVICE of one's personal physician, with appropriate monitoring, would keep many intermediate-risk people from becoming seriously ill.

But none of that is politically-correct, and Orange Man Bad, and we must appease Big Pharma and Big Government...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I wish those making the rules thought the same as whoever did that analysis. It's spot on, and if followed we'd be saving lives, not risking lives. People think that what they're doing today is saving lives, but their rules and restrictions are tying the hands of medical personel, and endangering, or losing lives too.
I have been suffering for months awaiting two surgeries, which both were dictated as "elective". Now the first one cancelled due to covid 19 was my hernia surgery. I've got 8" of intestines hanging outside my lower abdomen, and it's pretty painful, and uncontrollable outside of surgery. Not my idea of elective, but they wont operate.
At the same time I've had stomach issues they couldn't figure out until I went to ER a few weeks ago with extreme pain, nausea, vomiting, and blood pressure high enough to cause a stroke. 213 over 98 caused me such a headache I felt my head would explode.
A CT scan showed a giant gallstone, and the doctor told me any other time I'd be in surgery having it removed ASAP. But not under the rules that said it was elective. Now how something that grave can be determined to be elective is beyond imagination? Who in their right mind, given a choice, would elect to not have surgery?
So last week Tue. night another attack. Same symptoms, same scenario, same hospital. But this time no matter how much morphine they shot me full of nothing lowered the pain level, and only slightly lowered BP readings. So they admitted me, and after a day of trying to stabilize me, they finally removed my gallbladder.
After surgery my BP went from the 213/97 to 114/68. Amazing to me, and even the doctors said they'd never seen such dramatic drops from before and after. I have no doubt if they'd sent me home again I'd likely not be here today. The surgeon said my gallbladder was ready to burst, and was 4 times it's normal size from the 1"x 1/2" stone blocking the outlet. She said they handled it gingerly so it wouldn't explode during extraction and infect me with the bile.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not an isolated case, and there's likely others who may be in the same situation, and maybe some who have died from restricted care. But it has got to stop, and politicians have got to stop making medical rules! There's no reason for sick people to suffer, let alone die, just because politicians are too ignorant to know how to handle this whole problem correctly.
PS-I had to take a covid 19 test prior to surgery, and it of course came back negative. So why can't hospitals simply give a patient the test, and if they test negative then whatever they need done could proceed as normal? Makes no sense to me?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For the largest percentage, it is not the Medical Personnel choosing to hold off. It is almost entirely the politicians making the choice. OK, there are a small number of idiots in any and all professions, but the idiot attracting professions such as politics are where the stupidity congregates most of the time.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

piller wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:25 pm For the largest percentage, it is not the Medical Personnel choosing to hold off. It is almost entirely the politicians making the choice. OK, there are a small number of idiots in any and all professions, but the idiot attracting professions such as politics are where the stupidity congregates most of the time.
Absolutely correct! Every doctor and nurse I spoke with is mad at the politicians making these rules for them. They all know how to protect both patients and themselves, and would rather do so without interference from idiot politicians!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

For reasons unknown to me, it appears the mainstream liberal media is driving this fiasco more than the politicians. Just go to MSN and every article is structured to induce fear. My wife picked it out the other day when we were in COSTCO.....she said, "look at the people, they all have fear in their eyes" ......so someone tell me where the fear is being messaged from.

You think the liberal media cares about people? They will do anything, including seeing innocent elective surgery people die just to destroy Trumps election.
Model A Uzi’s
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Vall, glad you pulled through! :) Is the hernia still there, or did they fix that too?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Over here we have had 1487 cases and 20 deaths. We are now six weeks into a strict isolation.

Here in NZ we can work out mortality rates now, because we have pretty much contained the virus and are confident we have accounted for virtually all cases - we had zero new cases reported yesterday for example.
I have worked out that the mortality rate based on confirmed cases is 1.4 percent. That is high, much higher than the normal flu - however 50 percent of the people who catch this do not have symptoms, and only those with symptoms were being tested.
So drop the rate down to 0.7.
This is still higher than what is claimed in that article, but nowhere near the high claims made that the isolation/lockdown was based on. We had all health people mobilized, extra beds in hospitals and ventilators, surgeries put on hold etc...and the result was that they all have sat around doing nothing. The most people we have had hospitalized at one time for this virus was 16 people. (At the moment today its four.) Half of the deaths came from a single rest home that was infected.

The unemployment rate is going to go through the roof after this. in a population of 4.8 million, we will have 300,000 people extra unemployed just from tourism having been destroyed alone. No full account of other businesses that have failed, and it's still going - we have a week more of isolation to go. It's not going to be small. Burger King NZ went out of business in the first week of isolation.
I am one of the few people still working through the isolation period (essential infrastructure), but I may not be working for long once it ends.

I take no pleasure in saying that I was against the lockdown from the start, and thought it a bad reaction, poorly informed and based more on leftist ideology than practicality. I identified the estimates of mortality they were advertising at the start of this as constructions to justify what they intended to do rather than science and I think my opinion has been borne out. I am uncomfortable with how the lockdown was put in place and with how parliament was suspended for the duration so the government did not have to explain themselves, discuss decisions or or field criticism from the opposition.

I blame the media. Fully. Entirely. The media are in the business of creating news drama to sell advertising and a good virus scare has legs. Then the politicians had to react, because they could not let themselves be accused of letting people die afterwards. The fact is, most people didn't even know that the normal flu kills people. Media melodrama and ignorance have decimated the economies of a lot of countries, and put so many people out of work and home.

And who is thriving in the midst of this economic carnage? TV news...
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I blame the media. Fully. Entirely. The media are in the business of creating news drama to sell advertising and a good virus scare has legs.
It has backfired on some elements of the media. Local newspapers in the US are hurting badly. All the local businesses on which they depended for advertising income have been shut down.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

claybob86 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 am Vall, glad you pulled through! :) Is the hernia still there, or did they fix that too?
I asked if they could do both surgeries at the same time, but the doctor said she couldn't for safety reasons. She said it's always a concern removing the gallbladder that bile might leak from the duct sealing, or the bladder during removal. She said if it leaked it could contaminate the hernia mesh, and incisions, so they wont do the hernia until I'm healed up from this gallbladder. Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted enough by then that it wont be an issue. But until then it's pretty uncomfortable, but not even close as far as painful. I can live with the hernia awhile, and not feel it's ever close to life threatening. At least not yet anyway.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

That makes sense. Glad you feel better!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Take it easy and heal up. By the way, you probably know, but Papaya enzyme helps with digestion for those who have had their gall bladder removed. The gall bladder helps break down proteins and fats. Papaya breaks them down, too.
D. Brian Casady
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Masks ..good, 6' apart got it. But the total lockdown was a farce, new york went on lock ,down and Connecticut saw a surge of out of state motorists , guess Cuomo felt every state should share in the virus, our numbers climbed shortly after.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I think they locked down expecting tens of millions dead but it possibly missed the mark.