Woohan red death rant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Woohan red death rant

Post by hondo1892 »

I'm about to blow my stack. I try not to listen to or watch the daily updates about the virus(my wife has to watch every day). The news people ask some of the dumbest questions and some of the "experts" burn me up with some of their stuff. Our great governor here in Kentucky was threatening Trump today that he better bail the state out financially. If him, his dad and other politicians had spent the tax payers money wisely and didn't line campaign doners pockets we would be ok. My wife and I saved money so if something happened we would have a little to carry us through so why can't they do the same. Don't get me started on all the money that the feds are passing out to everyone and everything. Most Americans these days don't know it's going to really hurt us a little ways down the road with the dollar loosing value. Governor B is going to open up golf courses this week but you still can't get a gall blador surgery done. This guy really is getting on my nerves with his twisted thinking. My wife and I had a pretty good retirement fund going before all this happened but none of the politicians care since they are taken care of by tax payers. Even some of the commercials make smoke come out of my ears. I understand this virus can be deadly but to just quite life is no way to make it through this thing. I'm glad this generation wasn't around when WWII started or we would be flying a Nazi flag now. Even people I know that usually are "give me liberty" folks are saying we can't leave our homes or we will die. Never seen so many people roll over so easy and fast. We can't get good information on this epidemic because it has been politized so much. Oh well I've been casting boolits and hunting season opens when the freezer starts getting low. I think I got it out of my system now.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Woohan red death rant

Post by OldWin »

So it's not just me?

As you said, I know many "big conservatives", that after a good dose of the daily propaganda, sound like Bernie supporters.
Freedom dies with a wimper.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

We ain't seen nothing yet......what's going on now is child's play to what's going to happen.......I hope you all don't believe this was just an accident.

The two trillion that was given out was not money we had...it was borrowed.......nobody here is gonna see life the way we knew it ever again.

Everything that's happening now is being compiled by the "world's elite" to be used for when the Pelosi seriously hits the fan.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Why do you think they are trying to ban guns? They are certainly trying to make slaves of us all.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"They" are finding out now that the virus was here long before the outbreak...My wife was sick for the whole month of December, didn't have the flu or strep and the doctors just gave here the :shock: look and said We don't know.... one of My Sisters hasn't been out of the house since March 3rd another Family member won't leave His property. the stores open at 6am for senior citizens and they run around like wack jobs buying everything in sight.
I retired a year ago from My meat cutting job and went back to work last June one day a week and it's pathetic , everyone in the store has to wear a mask on duty , they can hardly get any meat to cut and the store runs about 70% of what it used to do.
The schools have been closed for along time and are the rest of this year the teachers are still getting paid but they send homework and whoever is watching the Kids has to try to do it with them. My Wife is going nuts.
And as Sixgun said We ain't seen nothing yet.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

"We've never seen anything like this"?

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
Spanish/American War
WWI
WWII
Korea
"Nam
Sandbox I, & 2
World Trade Center
Countless skirmishes twixt and between the big ones.
I suggest some of you start starching your underwear so you can stand erect, and look adversity straight in the eye and be ready to take it on.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG you are right.
Still, I agree with the others that this current 'crisis' is being used even more than others for political gain by the statists.
For too long we've been mesmerized by the false 'left vs right' stage-show, ignoring the real issue which is 'authoritarian versus libertarian'. The 'lesser-of-two-evils' has led to power-grabbing politicians ratcheting up big government at every crisis.
And this IS a crisis.

The 'journalists' waste far too much time playing 'gotcha' with Trump and I wish he would just call them out one more time definitively, and tell them he's moving on and focusing on substance. Then he should do that, and just shut them down when they ask stupid stuff, instead of re-iterating all he's done since February each time. He's right and they're wrong, but he'd be better perceived by the 'uncommitted' voters if he'd quit re-iterating everything - it sounds too much like bragging.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is in my prayers - that he stay in the race and become the Democrat nominee...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Joe Biden is just a stooge, beware the Vice President.

This whole lockdown thing is driving me nuts too, so much misinformation and BS you don't know who to believe.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ten years ago I would have been out and about without worry. Five years ago, Acute Reparatory Distress Syndrome almost killed me, throw a recent onset of diabetes on top of that and I have two strikes already. I still have work to do, but I don't go in any building without a mask and latex gloves.
Call me a chicken if you want but I know what it's like to have a trach tube and be on a ventilator. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 am Ten years ago I would have been out and about without worry. Five years ago, Acute Reparatory Distress Syndrome almost killed me, throw a recent onset of diabetes on top of that and I have two strikes already. I still have work to do, but I don't go in any building without a mask and latex gloves.
Call me a chicken if you want but I know what it's like to have a trach tube and be on a ventilator. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

jb
Stay safe Jason. . . .
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 am Ten years ago I would have been out and about without worry. Five years ago, Acute Reparatory Distress Syndrome almost killed me, throw a recent onset of diabetes on top of that and I have two strikes already. I still have work to do, but I don't go in any building without a mask and latex gloves.

jb
Indeed, be careful. That's way different than what I was talking about. You've dug in your heels, took precautions, and met it head on.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 am Joe Biden is just a stooge, beware the Vice President.

Whoever is the VP candidate will almost certainly become the president within a year or two after the election, given Bidens age and mental deterioration. I have telling everyone for months that Michelle Obama will be the VP, making me the victim of derision and snickering. Now, the Dem's are pleading with her. Stay tuned. :roll:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:04 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 am Joe Biden is just a stooge, beware the Vice President.

Whoever is the VP candidate will almost certainly become the president within a year or two after the election, given Bidens age and mental deterioration. I have telling everyone for months that Michelle Obama will be the VP, making me the victim of derision and snickering. Now, the Dem's are pleading with her. Stay tuned. :roll:
Yep.... If/when SloJoe picks Moochie, he'll have signed his death warrant. This worries me about a thousand times more than a virus.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

He, Michelle, would be even worse than BHoe was.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jason, exercise when you can. You know it will help you stay healthy. Even Yoga at home will help. Take a dog for a walk as long as it is away from people. Keep healthy and stay safe.
D. Brian Casady
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guys,

Since I was laid off I've been doing a few light carpentry jobs. Not too physically demanding but keeps me up and around. I send Kid Number 1 out for supplies or groceries. Don't what we would do without that kid! :D Bubbles has been keeping me busy with her " Can you make this for me?" I whine and carry on but I'm actually enjoying some of them. Just don't want her to know that! :D

I read an article that said Covid attacks some people like the ARDS that I had, though more survivable if you are in good health. I was when I got that horrible thing, and a lot of males near or over 50 don't survive it. I'm very lucky that I live in an area with some of the best health care in the world!

Stay safe everyone!

jb
Last edited by 2ndovc on Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to hear you are doing well, Jason. Keep it up.
Yes, this is a whole different thing for folks with pre-existing conditions.
Sounds like you have the right gameplan.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I am so obviously not a prophet, but it would not surprise me that God would spare America if the President would repent in sackcloth and ashes, along with a supermajority of the current crop of swampiticians. AND STOP MURDERING BABIES.

Barring that, it would not surprise me if we got biden and the rest of that scenario...

it's HIS Way, or the broad highway that leads to destruction
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Do you realize what various government officials at all levels have learned by this whole virus quarantine thing? They've learned they do indeed have the power to totally control every person in the US! And not only control us, but make us want to be controlled!
We are willingly doing what we're told, and not questioning anything they've ordered us to do. At least not questioning it out loud. We complain to each other, but we tow the line and do as we're told.
Whether they planned to have this play out as it has doesn't matter. What matters is they learned what it takes to control us, and it will be used often, and for other reasons in the future.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Marlinman.........you win the prize.
That is exactly what is happening. Sadly, people don't want to free. The thought frightens them. What sad little people.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

There are a few protesting but they are made out like they are bafoons and don't care about their fellow man. I have seen post on fb from people that know history and still are upset by the protesters. I'm with you marlin on people wanting to be told what to do by the government. I afraid my new grandson is going to have a poor future with the spending and the government control. To many people say they would die for freedom but when it looks them in the face they back down. I'm not saying I want to die or think folks should be careless but I not ready to roll over like a dog either. G Washington said he would rather die standing than live on his knees. I wish we had a leader like that right now.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

"You may not know this, but there's things that gnaw on a man worse than die'en!" OPEN RANGE
Last edited by 1894cfan on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't think people should be careless, nor will I stop being careful simply because the government orders me to. So I'm not endorsing that people should be careless. I simply object to the government ordering people to do things, instead of making recommendations. I doubt if the government tells us to go back to "normal" that I'll rush out to a movie theater, or restaurant either.
We should be making our own decisions based on good information, not on orders.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I'm over 60 working in an industry that is considered essential. The rest of the sales team and I have been working from home. Most commercial business is either shut, working remote, or doesn't want to speak with anyone that isn't trying to buy something from them. Most places have protocols in place that won't even allow you to enter.

We are all reporting our daily email and phone activity to management (basic micromanaging), to show we are working. Yesterday we all received a call that our vehicle GPS is being monitored so we had better be out on the streets soliciting business. This came down from my boss, from his boss. The other guys I work with are about half my age and even they are saying WTF? Our attitude is if they are going to furlough or lay us off, so be it. We're doing our best and what we can, but will not put ourselves in a potentially risky situation.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm only doing as the government asks because I don't want to die of a virus, If the government asks the same without the virus then that's a whole different ball game.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I'm only doing what the Guberment asks 'cause I don't want to die in a FEMA camp!!!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

jdad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 am I'm over 60 working in an industry that is considered essential. The rest of the sales team and I have been working from home. Most commercial business is either shut, working remote, or doesn't want to speak with anyone that isn't trying to buy something from them. Most places have protocols in place that won't even allow you to enter.

We are all reporting our daily email and phone activity to management (basic micromanaging), to show we are working. Yesterday we all received a call that our vehicle GPS is being monitored so we had better be out on the streets soliciting business. This came down from my boss, from his boss. The other guys I work with are about half my age and even they are saying WTF? Our attitude is if they are going to furlough or lay us off, so be it. We're doing our best and what we can, but will not put ourselves in a potentially risky situation.
Hope the company is ready for the law suits that could arise if they force workers to interact and then come down with the virus? Bet they're not thinking about that possibility.