Earlmck, a favor?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Earlmck, a favor?

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Could you run QL for a .38 Special load using Blue Dot with a 250gr FP. I have a Contender carbine that will allow up to 1.690 OAL. Just curious what velocity i could get going up to a 35,000 psi max load. Thanks Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Earlmck, a favor?

Post by earlmck »

QL thinks 7.5 grains of that Blue Dot would get you 1177 fps and 34k psi. If you wanted a scosh more velocity QL thinks 10.2 grains of Lil' Gun (a moderately compressed load) would make 1250 fps at a bit under 31k psi. I don't have a feel for how close QL's predictions are for 38 spcl/357 mag with these powders.

This must be a load you don't find published anywhere?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Earlmck, a favor?

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks Earl. Thats more velocity than i would have thought.Will see how it pans out over a chrono.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!