Hey Doc, and Doc

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Hey Doc, and Doc

Post by gcs »

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads ... cs/6834098

Just read the above post about the virus and how it's being treated wrong.
It looked interesting and made sense to me, this non medical person,
Just though you might be interested, to see if it makes sense to you guys....
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Hey Doc, and Doc

Post by piller »

Azithromycin is an antibiotic, yes. What is being STUDIOUSLY IGNORED is that that type of antibiotic actually affects the liver and changes the chemical makeup of the liver's chemical output. It is in a family called Macrolides. Macrolides are notorious for messing with other medicines. I do not have all the information, but it seems that a forced change in liver enzymes along with a chlorine can indeed affect how this virus hijacks your cells to reproduce. All that is required is to slow down or stop the virus from replicating and your body can adapt and do the rest. Erythromycin and Clarithromycin may do the same thing. In fact, Clarithromycin (brand name Biaxin) is a stronger inhibitor of certain liver enzymes, and a stronger inducer of others than Azithromycin is. No, Clindamycin is not the same. It also stops protein synthesis, but it has different properties. The interference with protein synthesis at the right spot is probably what helps mess with the CoViD-19.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

and likely the azithromycin helps with bacterial superinfection, to treat and / or prevent.

it also elevates certain interleukins which can help fight viruses, as well.

azithromycin is used in some settings for prophylaxis. I have a [genetic ] immunodeficiency and in addition to getting IgG [immunoglobulin G ] infusion every 28 days, I also take high dose azithromycin for 3 days on, and then 10 days off, as a part of my prescribed routine.
cable
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yes.
This is where some of the things like Low Dose Naltrexone and Vitamin C may figure in. How to handle the free iron is a problem for sure. Some say vitamin C can worsen it actually. The LDN lowers production of TNFa and IL-6 so may help additively to the drugs that bind/block the receptors for those cytokines.
The musing of hemoglobin is likely a result of that cascade.
Still trying to find better fixed.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:20 pm Yes.
This is where some of the things like Low Dose Naltrexone and Vitamin C may figure in. How to handle the free iron is a problem for sure. Some say vitamin C can worsen it actually. The LDN lowers production of TNFa and IL-6 so may help additively to the drugs that bind/block the receptors for those cytokines.
The musing of hemoglobin is likely a result of that cascade.
Still trying to find better fixed.
yes the TNFa is very elevated as I understand it. just musing, there is an oral drug [ non prescription now ], vinpocetine, that is a TNFa blocker. it is not regulated [[ or promoted by big pharma ] because it occurs naturally in the plant, vinca minor [ periwinkle]. I have used it myself for help with radiculopathy from lumbar disc disease [ nerve root pain is said to be TNFa modulated ] and it worked, and I have given it to some patients [ colleagues even ] to avoid stronger meds such as corticosteroids or biologicals. it is fairly effective, just not highly potent. that might be helpful for these folks. it is available [ and cheap] from reliable producers. ketotifen is an oral antihistamine [ used in Europe ] that also is a TNFa blocker [ it is in the Zaditor eye drops ]. you can get oral ketotifen from Canada [ with an Rx ] . I was on it intermittently for auto immune problems but dont like to use it long term.
cable
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

gcs wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:36 am https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads ... cs/6834098

Just read the above post about the virus and how it's being treated wrong.
It looked interesting and made sense to me, this non medical person,
Just though you might be interested, to see if it makes sense to you guys....
I add to that rabbit hole. Tons of great info (and some to ignore) on this thread. You can start on the last post and work backwards
https://www.peakprosperity.com/forum-to ... eep-state/
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
1894c

Post by 1894c »

WOW... so any body been shooting their .22-cal levergun lately... :O
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DocRock »

In the event that I was perhaps expected to remark, I must note that I am not a medical doctor, have not played one on tv, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

But I have been shooting my Marlin 1892 .22 lever gun and will be testing out some CCI Quiet tomorrow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

DocRock wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:10 am In the event that I was perhaps expected to remark, I must note that I am not a medical doctor, have not played one on tv, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

But I have been shooting my Marlin 1892 .22 lever gun and will be testing out some CCI Quiet tomorrow.
Some of the most interesting and useful input on this has come from 'non-medical' people, who are just interested, intelligent, and sometimes come at things from a different angle.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:06 am
DocRock wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:10 am In the event that I was perhaps expected to remark, I must note that I am not a medical doctor, have not played one on tv, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Some of the most interesting and useful input on this has come from 'non-medical' people, who are just interested, intelligent, and sometimes come at things from a different angle.
+ 1 absolutely !
cable