a statistical reality check

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

a statistical reality check

Post by Grizz »

are you sick of hearing fascists panting breathlessly that the chinavirus might tally 240,000 KIA ?

In 2018 2,839,205 deaths were recorded in America.
That's 7,778 per day. The top 10 accounted for around 78%.
A sneaky way of ignoring abortions, car wrecks, and murders.

However, 7,778 thousand deceased is 0.0002353 percent
of the American population, which stands at
330,531,170 as of Friday, April 3, 2020
according to the internet

Adding 240k more is a minor blip in the stats.

You know what I think is fueling the panic? I think it centers around people who don't know where they will spend eternity, and don't want to find out. Except for the suicides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: a statistical reality check

Post by FWiedner »

Your mockery, in this case, of those who do not see the world through your eyes is appalling.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

FWiedner wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:40 pm .
Your mockery, in this case, of those who do not see the world through your eyes is appalling.

:|
what mockery is that? God is not mocked, the Bible tells me so. The world thru God's eyes is appealing, actually.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

It won`t be long Grizz and the reality of truth will be known, scoffers just can`t seem to grasp the truth around them. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm It won`t be long Grizz and the reality of truth will be known, scoffers just can`t seem to grasp the truth around them. :wink:
true dat. perhaps someone will wonder about where they might spend eternity, and be persuaded. hoping for the best.

I am a little curious about which statistic is in question
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

If it wasn't a big deal then why are they loading deceased bodies by forklifts onto refrigerated trailers with 85 more trailers on their way to N.Y?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Jay Bird wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 pm If it wasn't a big deal then why are they loading deceased bodies by forklifts onto refrigerated trailers with 85 more trailers on their way to N.Y?
photo AND source please
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 pmare you sick of hearing fascists panting breathlessly that the chinavirus might tally 240,000 KIA ?
A quarter million dead oldsters isn't good, but it wouldn't ruin the economy. However, that result is predicted to come with a huge recession. Skip the preventive measures to avoid the recession, and the predictions are upwards of 2 million extra deaths. Personally, I consider a doubling of the death rate significant. Also, I bet once the meat wagons would start filling with body bags for mass dumping of those extra 2 million, people would start staying at home without urging from their governors, and we'd get the recession anyway.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

KWK wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 pmare you sick of hearing fascists panting breathlessly that the chinavirus might tally 240,000 KIA ?
A quarter million dead oldsters isn't good, but it wouldn't ruin the economy. However, that result is predicted to come with a huge recession. Skip the preventive measures to avoid the recession, and the predictions are upwards of 2 million extra deaths. Personally, I consider a doubling of the death rate significant. Also, I bet once the meat wagons would start filling with body bags for mass dumping of those extra 2 million, people would start staying at home without urging from their governors, and we'd get the recession anyway.
Thanks for responding..... There's no such thing as "extra deaths". EVERYONE is gonna die someday somehow. What's ruining the economy is the unconstitutional usurpation of liberties by petty tyrants. the person who predicted that number is a statist appointed by, I believe, Oliar, who is a rabid Trump hater, and is involved in the desperate attempt to foster a crisis that could separate President Trump from office. Here's a little insight into the petty tyrant syndrome. Todd Herman takes the wa governor down to the emperor has no clothes level.

https://mynorthwest.com/category/todd-herman/

Or, to put it another way, suppose the final tally is less than 200,000 Americans... or less than 100,000? Then what would your view be, once the hoopla subsides?

Not everyone has a fine appreciation of history, but what I see happening looks like film of Hitler doing the same thing to the Germans.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Clearly, by "extra deaths" I meant in the coming year, the year being the time span you used in your opening post. Dismissing such deaths as irrelevant suggests the Nazis killing all those Jews and other Untermenshen wasn't a big deal because they were all going to die some day regardless.

That upper estimate of 2 million was formed by a researcher in the UK, who probably couldn't care less about US politics.

Hoopla is part of American politics. It doesn't bother me. Overwhelmed hospitals in NYC is going to create hoopla no matter what the cause.

I know there is some reason to believe the death toll will be lower than current estimates. It's based on estimates of those infected yet remain without symptoms. Right now, due to incompetence of the federal government over the last 3 administrations, we're in no position to even estimate this. We'll see a year from now.
Last edited by KWK on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

A while back I posted that only 0.00000000195% of the worlds population had the bug. I compared that to the roughly 33% of the population that had spanish flu and it's attendant higher percentage of deaths. I also had folks call me out. I just did the math. World wide we are still below 0.00000000197% affected.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's a matter of perspective....
Let's give it our due diligence, but don't succumb to hype.

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-de ... e-die-from
Last edited by Blaine on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Grizz wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:37 pm photo AND source please
There's a million pictures of em...just Google, "dead people loaded on trailers by forklift".

The way I see it, when your dead, your dead. The soul it taken by our Lord to begin a new chapter....in the meantime, the loved ones around us, who depend on us, live out their lives with an atmosphere of emptiness with a combination of many physical and emotional hardships for their duration.......to think any other way is selfishness on that individual's mindset.

In these perilous times, my faith is in science and I plan on being here as long as possible. Pitchy and I had these phone conversations where we talked about the impending doom cast upon us due to the stupidity, selfishness, and the natural cause and effect of human kind's behavior.

I personally believe this whole coronavirus deal is a "smack on the head" warning from our Creator. But it's not going to work. Within 10 years of this, another one will come with the ferociousness of a caged lion and will clean out 80% of us.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

OK Jay Bird, we agree on some of this. HOWEVER, those photos do not show very many bodies... 2500 deaths is not alarming, it is .01 percent of the predicted "240,000 by July." A prediction with NO CREDIBILITY BECAUSE it is made by a Never_Trumper who's goal is regime change. It is the swamp puking corruption.

I refuse to give an iota of credibility to those sources. To the tents and the testimony !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya Grizz......glad I'm as old as I am...this world is coming apart.......

Maybe it's "too much science" keeping too many people alive. When I was in third grade (four years in a row :D ) I still remember the teacher telling us how there was 3 billion people in the world and since that year (1962) we have more than doubled in population. Wars and mobility kept the world's population down to a sustainable number.

Don't think we have a choice anymore......mamma nature and man's evil is going to make some dire choices for us. ------Jay Bird a.k.a. Sixgun
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks Jay . I did some more arithmatic. in 2018, according to the CDC, there were 2,813,503 reported deaths in America. 240,000 people is 0.0853029 % of the total, less than one percent.

I am not downplaying the effects of 240,000 dead nor am I downplaying the total of 2.85 million. Most of these people have loved ones grieving and missing them. They are holes in the fabric of those families.

My Mother-in-law died last year, and my sister-in-law died early this year. One of them is in Heaven with Jesus for certain, the other one we are not sure of. My motive for posting these numbers is to encourage people to face our mortality and ascertain whether they know for certain where they will spend their eternity. And if they care about it, I hope they will discover God's Mercy and Grace. It is conditional, AND MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE CONDITION IS! which is why there are so many useless religions in the world. Fear of the unknown, but not knowing where they are going, hoping they've been "good enough".

To which the simple answer is no, I have not been good enough, and neither has anyone but Jesus, who bore our sins when He died on the cross, according to scripture, and was buried in a grave, and was raised from the dead according to the scriptures. When I put my hope, my faith, my trust in God's Son, and His death in my place, when I simply take God at His word and BELIEVE HIM, God the Father imputes Christ's righteousness to me. Nothing I could earn or buy, it is a free gift, costing me nothing but costing Christ an infinite price. Jesus is alive. Jesus is God. Jesus is Savior. And Jesus invites every human on the planet to come to Him for forgiveness and the free gift of life with Him forever in His Kingdom, according to His promise...

Sounding preachy? This is the true gospel and true truth. Happy Easter Believers

it's a great time to quit unbelieving

Agape
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well said Grizz....yep, you are right on every count and maybe I should have read between the lines a little better on your previous post.

A believer? When I was 14 I was swimming in a fast moving river/creek after a heavy rain.....the Brandywine Creek about where the Revolutionary "Battle of the Brandywine" happened. The water in this stretch was about 4' to 8' deep. I was caught in the current and was drowning and just as I was ready to give up, a big rock hit my foot to which I grabbed and stood on. When I stood on it the water line was at my knees. In later years during low water droughts I never could find that rock again.

Many take me as an azzhole here.....I'm only having fun! :D -----6
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Wowsers! I had a fast river near drowning too!! Hope that doesn't happen again, I could barely swim back yonder.