Feeling the years...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Feeling the years...

Post by AmBraCol »

Yesterday I was at the grocery store to purchase needed supplies for some families that are out of work and out of food due to the panic brought on by the current media frenzy about the Covid-19 pandemic. The national government declared a "shelter in place" order for everyone (theoretically) with some very narrow exceptions, one being we're allowed to go buy groceries and supplies. Nothing said about for whom. So I got to our usual grocery store and found about 150 meters or so of people lined up. A nice young lady passed a nicely sanitized grocery cart to me and I pushed it around the backway instead of trying to push past every one already in line. Got up to the last person and kept my proper social distance. Then she says, "Sir, why don't you go to the front of the line. They're letting senior citizens in first!" Gee, thanks! AARP's already sent me junk mail, but now some random stranger calls me old? Sheesh! So I thanked her and stayed where I was. Got inside finally (only about a 40 minute wait) and found that some of the necessaries (beans and rice) were either lacking or too high of a price. Stocked up on other typical necessaries with greater than posted quantity limits and when I got to the front and told the checkout girl we were buying for several families she gladly helped bag them into the number of families we were shopping for. Stopped at two more stores on the way home and got the rest of the desired items to tide them over if they ration themselves properly.

One of the guys from church came over in the company delivery van he drives (my understanding is it's with the boss' permission) and brought some pasta to donate (they aren't well off by any means, but want to help too) and picked up the boxed and bagged groceries to deliver. Team effort to help mitigate the impact of the current situation for some folks at least.

Then today we got up and went about life as "normal", as normal as can be in the current situation, until it was 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. EDT. Tuned into the book of face and saw our younger son Tim promoted to Gunnery Sergeant. A very atypical event as folks were doing their best to "socially distance" themselves. The officer who swore him into his new rank is a young woman he trained years ago. IIRC he helped her make sergeant, before she went to Officers' Candidate School and is now a commissioned officer in the USMC - but he gave her the boost she needed back when. All in all a great day, just wish I didn't feel so old - when I'm only 30 or so, as far as my brain can fathom it anyway.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Feeling the years...

Post by Pitchy »

Just like the rest of the Dems lies they tell ya your a senior :lol:
The more facts i hear about all this the sicker i feel, some facts i heard today are that the ratio of deaths caused by this virus in Calif. are three people per one million have died.
Another one is the 1,000 bed Hospital ship that was sent to New York has 20 beds filled.
I`m thinking this is all political aimed at Trump and him losing the election and all the spread of this is consequences of they`er plan.
I`m tired of this lying and deception and is taking years off my 65 year old mind by the day.
Grats to your son. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations to your son 8) and yes it does hurt when a nice young lady infers you're past it..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

AmBraCol wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:53 pm when I'm only 30 or so, as far as my brain can fathom it anyway.
That's what I think. But now days I usually choose sit down to think about it. thinking on my feet seems to be overrated.

full congratulations for your son.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My greatest CONGRATULATIONS to your son !! And to you as parents!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm Just like the rest of the Dems lies they tell ya your a senior :lol:
The more facts i hear about all this the sicker i feel, some facts i heard today are that the ratio of deaths caused by this virus in Calif. are three people per one million have died.
Another one is the 1,000 bed Hospital ship that was sent to New York has 20 beds filled.
I`m thinking this is all political aimed at Trump and him losing the election and all the spread of this is consequences of they`er plan.
I`m tired of this lying and deception and is taking years off my 65 year old mind by the day.
I'm with you Mr. Pitchy

a false flag.. I'm sure people are dying.. they die every day.. what they aren't saying is how many die of pnuemonia every day? how many die in accidents every day? how many die of cancer every day? how many die of starvation every day? how many die of heart failure every day? this is the only possible way to put any of this in perspective.

NYC has gone out of its way to dishonor YHWH and Jesus and Holy Spirit. What did they think was going to happen? They are letting murderers out of jail. They mock YHWH and Yeshuah. What did they think was going to happen? The Creator of everyone and everything only lets sin go so far, and then he yanks the chain, er, whirlwind.

May we keep peace, Shalom, the Peace that surpasses human understanding in our hearts, and let the Judge and Savior take care of business. His perfect Love CASTS OUT FEAR...

this is the way I talk to myself . . .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:23 pm
Pitchy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm Just like the rest of the Dems lies they tell ya your a senior :lol:
I'm with you Mr. Pitchy

a false flag.. I'm sure people are dying.. they die every day.. what they aren't saying is how many die of pnuemonia every day? how many die in accidents every day? how many die of cancer every day? how many die of starvation every day? how many die of heart failure every day? this is the only possible way to put any of this in perspective.

NYC has gone out of its way to dishonor YHWH and Jesus and Holy Spirit. What did they think was going to happen? They are letting murderers out of jail. They mock YHWH and Yeshuah. What did they think was going to happen? The Creator of everyone and everything only lets sin go so far, and then he yanks the chain, er, whirlwind.

May we keep peace, Shalom, the Peace that surpasses human understanding in our hearts, and let the Judge and Savior take care of business. His perfect Love CASTS OUT FEAR...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:38 pm
I'm with you Mr. Pitchy

I looked it up. about 7,778 people die every day, on average, in America
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm
I'm with you Mr. Pitchy

I looked it up. about 7,778 people die every day, on average, in America, out of
The current population of the United States of America is 330,531,170 as of Friday, April 3, 2020
or 0.0002353 percent of the population
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:43 pm
Grizz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm with you Mr. Pitchy

I looked it up. about 7,778 people die every day, on average, in America, out of
The current population of the United States of America is 330,531,170 as of Friday, April 3, 2020
or 0.0002353 percent of the population dies every day in America, on average
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

well, Doesn't the bible mention mankind has to suffer many things as a sign that the world comes is coming to an end, This could be one of the signs. I really don't see how we can survive too much longer with the way our society morals are heading. With Iran and n. korea hellbent on killing people, and with China (supposably) killing off the population with viruses, it kinda makes you wonder.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Congratulations Paul!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm Congratulations to your son 8) and yes it does hurt when a nice young lady infers you're past it..... :lol:

The problem was - to MY eyes she looked like a candidate to go through early her ownself, but was smart enough to keep that opinion to myself. :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

eight-decades.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - in Pereira

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

79 in two weeks, if I make it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AmBraCol wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:29 pm eight-decades.jpg
Ain't that the truth!

Congrats on your son!!! :D :D :D
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

I have been alive in TEN decades. WOW, didn't think that would ever happen. Born March 12, 1939. Don't have the nice figures like previous poster. But, jes saying'.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Batman1939 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 am I have been alive in TEN decades. WOW, didn't think that would ever happen. Born March 12, 1939. Don't have the nice figures like previous poster. But, jes saying'.
If you use the logic above, you've been alive in 11 decades. :wink: Maybe your March wasn't that long, but it sure dragged out over here.
Paul - in Pereira