Death in Potter County PA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Death in Potter County PA

Post by 6pt-sika »

Last week after recently coming out of hibernation this bear was struck by a vehicle and killed it weighed 687 pounds . That unto itself is a pretty decent sized bear . But if this bear had fattened up over the summer I think it’s safe to say it might very well be in excess of 800 pounds !
2ACB0D1E-CA85-4BA0-B54F-7077EA19FB60.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Death in Potter County PA

Post by gamekeeper »

I bet he wished he'd stayed in bed.... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:16 pm I bet he wished he'd stayed in bed.... :(
And to think I used to hunt the Poconos of PA for these things ! I would not even wanna think about getting that thing out at 687 much less fattened up during bear season .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

6pt-sika wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:21 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:16 pm I bet he wished he'd stayed in bed.... :(
And to think I used to hunt the Poconos of PA for these things ! I would not even wanna think about getting that thing out at 687 much less fattened up during bear season .
Yes, I bet the driver of the vehicle wished he'd stayed in bed too....that is a big old bruin...
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pic-a-nic baskets are safe this spring!
Not the critter you want to hit with your car! Not far from here last summer a guy killed one with his Harley- put him in the horsepistol but a buddy drove the bike home !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:25 pm Pic-a-nic baskets are safe this spring!
Not the critter you want to hit with your car! Not far from here last summer a guy killed one with his Harley- put him in the horsepistol but a buddy drove the bike home !
When I hunted the Poconos we’d visit the bunny warden every other day to see what was checked . Usually they’d have ten or twelve in the Poconos that were 600+ . I killed a decent whitetail buck one year in Monroe County that was about 800 yards from where a 750 pounder was killed a few days before .
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang 6 point.....after reading the headline I thought it was someone I knew up there. :D I know quite a few people from Potter, McKean and Tioga counties and to put it mildly they are king of rednecks , top notch alcohol and weed consumers, do it yourselfers, excellent shooting competitors, in other words, good Americans. :D

Big bear.....wonder how it survived that long in order to get that big.....rough country.---6
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

They grow them back in the east for sure, I know I guy from Wyoming that shot a 850 pounder in North Carolina
a few years ago, the photo I seen looked like he shot a black VW :lol:

Brad
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

ollogger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm They grow them back in the east for sure, I know I guy from Wyoming that shot a 850 pounder in North Carolina
a few years ago, the photo I seen looked like he shot a black VW :lol:

Brad
Supposedly the biggest blackies in North America generally come from either northern PA or the east coast of NC . Those guys in NC that I’ve talked to that were ardent bear hunters “claimed” they wouldn’t shoot them if they were under 500 pounds !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...I know quite a few people from Potter, McKean and Tioga counties and to put it mildly they are king of rednecks , top notch alcohol and weed consumers, do it yourselfers, excellent shooting competitors, in other words, good Americans..."

8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Jay Bird wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm top notch alcohol and weed consumers,
While they I am sure are “consumers” you sure they aren’t top notch PRODUCERS as well :wink:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

From what I've heard, NJ has produced 1 of the top 10-15 black bears for P&Y or B&C( not sure who scored it) . The bear was 700+ lbs. Of the top bears in the books a good portion were from PA.
We have our share of bears, you know what day of the week it is by the tossed trash cans in driveways. I've seen big sows with 3 or 4 cubs of 150+ lbs. they have plenty to eat! Our F&G will tag 1 ear when caught in culvert traps as a problem animal, caught a second time then the other ear gets a tag, caught a third time and it's lights out. Had a sow with 2 tags years ago that looked like the ' black VW' , she continued to tear down my bird feeders, finally got lucky and got a pack of firecrackers to land under her, took off like a scalded cat- I was right behind her with bottle rockets. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!