My first Bob Job

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

My first Bob Job

Post by wvfarrier »

My covid isolation project. Bobbed the frame on my WC CQB to match the new WC bullet proof one piece mainspring/magwell. I used a cerakote touch up kit from Wolf Pack Armory to recoat the area. I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: My first Bob Job

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice. :D I'm refinishing the stock on my dirt cheap Cooey 12 gauge.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Real nice!! I have been trimming 223 brass, my favorite past time :lol:

Brad
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

And I've been converting .223 brass to 300 BLK! If anybody has one of those, try Hodgdon's 6gr Trail Boss with 150gr FMJ's. It'll turn your AR into a straight pull bolt action! Fun one.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And all I've done is finish up rebuilding the 3 pt. post hole digger! New bearings, seals driveshaft & 9" auger!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1894cfan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am And I've been converting .223 brass to 300 BLK! If anybody has one of those, try Hodgdon's 6gr Trail Boss with 150gr FMJ's. It'll turn your AR into a straight pull bolt action! Fun one.
So, not powerful enough to move the bolt? I bet those are quiet! Is this the AR version of a cat's sneeze load?
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:44 pm
1894cfan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am And I've been converting .223 brass to 300 BLK! If anybody has one of those, try Hodgdon's 6gr Trail Boss with 150gr FMJ's. It'll turn your AR into a straight pull bolt action! Fun one.
So, not powerful enough to move the bolt? I bet those are quiet! Is this the AR version of a cat's sneeze load?
Yup, Hodgdon also has one for 223/5.56....4 gr. Trail Boss with a 55gr FMJ. BTW, my blk is a side pull version. Not that I've tried it myself, but the proper sized solvent trap should work pretty good at makin those rounds REAL quiet, or so I've heard (or not)! :mrgreen:
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I primarily use Lil Gun or H110 for my 300AAC loads. I tend to load toward the hotter end of the spectrum. Its acthally my "go to" round for coyote, deer and black bear. I do have some subsonic Lehigh Defense 176 controlled fracturing that work AMAZING on deer. They are almost hearing safe. If i ran a suppressor they would be. Only use them in a bolt gun though.

The pic is the recovered petal and base from a buck i shot. Hit him in the throat, the base lodged in his spine at the neck, one petal went into his skull, one passed clean through and one deflected and lodged in his heart. He was DRT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus