Bisley grip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Bisley grip

Post by 4t5 »

Looking at a Ruger .327 with the bisley grip frame, never handled a bisley before, was it designed to help with recoil?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Bisley grip

Post by piller »

The Bisley frame helps with accuracy and some with recoil. The .327 Magnum has only moderate recoil. I compare it to a 9mm or less. The Bisley grip frame on a .327 is there for enhancing accuracy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Yes, the Ruger version of the Bisley grip handles heavy recoil much better than the traditional grips. Not that you need it in a 32
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Try one before you buy one. I've shot both Ruger and Colt style and find they both make me limp wrist the guns. "To me" this does nothing for accuracy and actually causes me wrist pain.

YMMV

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

My .327 Single Seven isn't a hard kicker. Well, to me at least. It is quite loud though and pretty snappy but doesn't hurt. I have a .45 convertible with a Bisley grip that seems to manage the recoil better with heavy loads and a short barrel. Everyone is different. The guy I bought it from sold it to get the same revolver with a birds head grip that he found fit him better. I don't care for them, so if you can find a range that rents them, give them all a try.
jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I LOVE Bisley grips on my revolvers! I have large hands and they feel comfortable in my hands regardless of caliber. This is one of my favorites!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I love my sp101, and was think'n of getting a single seven, guess I'll have to locate a bisley to get the feel of one first. Thanks again.
Never had a birdshead either.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I bought My .45 Ruger Blackhawk Bisley I think in '85 when they first came out....back then deer had long fangs and any steel plate that was hanging around had to be smacked with some serious chunks of hot lead . The grip really helps with heavy recoil. I was out deer hunting with it one very cold day and on the way back to the truck was a nasty evil looking eyeball in a rotten tree. A top load of 296 was under a 300grn gas check slug. I made a splendid shot from a good distance in the woods............and spent far too long hearing the Bells of Saint Mary's ............. :shock: :oops: :oops: no earplugs. Duh.. :lol: .
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

.45colt wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 pm I bought My .45 Ruger Blackhawk Bisley I think in '85 when they first came out....back then deer had long fangs and any steel plate that was hanging around had to be smacked with some serious chunks of hot lead . The grip really helps with heavy recoil. I was out deer hunting with it one very cold day and on the way back to the truck was a nasty evil looking eyeball in a rotten tree. A top load of 296 was under a 300grn gas check slug. I made a splendid shot from a good distance in the woods............and spent far too long hearing the Bells of Saint Mary's ............. :shock: :oops: :oops: no earplugs. Duh.. :lol: .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there! Springfield .30-06 and a 16" lightweight barrel makes a noise you wouldn't believe! :D
That Whitetail died of a heart attack!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I have long skinny fingers, and that is ideal for Bisley grips. I have them on my 45 Colt Blackhawk and 44 Mag Super Blackhawk revolvers, but find them unnecessary on my 357 Mag Blackhawk; maybe because I don't shoot very hot loads in it.

The Bisley for me pulls the hand and fingers back so I avoid the serious knuckle-rap of the regular grip.

I'd buy it and try it out; if you don't care for it, someone else will - resale value should be good.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Mainehunter wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:08 pm I LOVE Bisley grips on my revolvers! I have large hands and they feel comfortable in my hands regardless of caliber.
Same here, Mainehunter! I"ve had them on all my single action pistols. Here are a couple pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I don't particularly care for the Colt Bisley grip but have a couple and I can shoot them very well. The Ruger version very nearly duplicates Kieth's #5 so is much better. But I don't have one of those. I mostly shoot from the Weaver stance though I've tried changing to Isosceles. Old dog just can't learn new stuff. I prefer "Gunfighter" . A pair of Colt Bisleys would be ideal for that.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS