worst time in your life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

worst time in your life

Post by JNG »

I was a rookie Firefighter, I had to climb two stories to look for folks. Building falling on us. I can not understand
why I did not pee my pants.

Found her, she livid.
Never again.

Joe
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: worst time in your live

Post by Rusty »

Last May I had an accident on the way to work. Still trying to deal with the after effects.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
sumpter
Levergunner

Post by sumpter »

I was attacked by a bear..
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

A buck jumped out if front of me one night about midnight. I struck it with my bike and I rolled. Broke my ankle in the process and have two pins now. I was out of work for four months. I don't care for riding my bike at night now, anymore.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

When my mother died, then losing Snoopy dog, now just hurt from accidents and other things.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having a reaction to an antibiotic last August. It made me an insulin dependent diabetic, put me in a coma for about 24 hours, and did bring me to room temperature for a couple of hours with a heart rate of around 40 beats per minute.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

The painful losses I've had over the last few years come to mind... My Dad, our Lab, my Brother-in-law, my Mom.

Both of my parents were 89+, which is a pretty good run for anyone; but we lost the dog and the BIL (age 50) within 20 hours of the same weekend... Not fun...

Physical wounds heal, well usually...

But the mental ones, or those that strike us right in the heart & soul -- they're painful still, if you focus on it..............

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

sumpter wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:24 am I was attacked by a bear..
If you would care to tell more about that, I'm all ears. If not, that's fine too. :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Election Day 2016- I spent that Tuesday avoiding the news my mind was convinced that Hildabeast was going to be POTUS. I went to bed, woke up the next morning, feet hit the floor and I said to myself F... That woman is going to finish destroying the country. Turned my phone on and hit Fox News to learn Mr Trump won- that was a very good day, I spent the day singing Ding dong the witch is dead!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I spent the day singing Ding dong the witch is dead!!

I'll bet most of "us" did, too..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:10 am When my mother died, then losing Snoopy dog, now just hurt from accidents and other things.
When my maternal grandfather passed then 11 months to the day my mother passed .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:07 pm Election Day 2016- I spent that Tuesday avoiding the news my mind was convinced that Hildabeast was going to be POTUS. I went to bed, woke up the next morning, feet hit the floor and I said to myself F... That woman is going to finish destroying the country. Turned my phone on and hit Fox News to learn Mr Trump won- that was a very good day, I spent the day singing Ding dong the witch is dead!!
Witch ? You didn’t use the correct first letter did ya :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

6pt-sika wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:12 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:07 pm Election Day 2016- I spent that Tuesday avoiding the news my mind was convinced that Hildabeast was going to be POTUS. I went to bed, woke up the next morning, feet hit the floor and I said to myself F... That woman is going to finish destroying the country. Turned my phone on and hit Fox News to learn Mr Trump won- that was a very good day, I spent the day singing Ding dong the witch is dead!!
Witch ? You didn’t use the correct first letter did ya :lol:
No not really as W or B are certainly interchangeable here. However that song was Witch is dead. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thirty plus days in a medically induced coma, another three months in the hospital after that recovering from the respiratory infection that put me there. Another year getting back "mostly" normal. At one point I had fifteen wires and tubes coming and going from my body, probably more but that's what I remember The worst were the traches and the catheters. I wouldn't wish that stuff on anyone.
I'll never be the same again, but I'm still walking and talking. Worst part is what it did to my short term memory. Really messed me up.

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

The first time I caught my wife cheating on me. It really knocked me down for a few months.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

In the worst times of my life Papa God never left me. I didn't always know it at the time, but He was always there. I made it through and am still going, but I know it wasn't my strength that got me through.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have been laid up since last may. I broke a hip, got a replacement and fell another three times since and re cracked the hip again. Got both kidneys blasted for stones and just got out of the hospital again. Went into sepsis shock four times about two weeks ago and the doctor told us I almost died. I am on a walker and miss ATVing and shooting. I never thought I would end up like this when young. Years ago God saved me many times in incidents like crashing a plane, being shot at, MC wrecks etc but those incidents were over fast now being recliner bound this last year and having to ride shotgun while my wife drives has been trying. I have been living on the computer on these gun chat sites. Thank God for FOX news, and the western channels.
Will be 79 in April.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

[The first time I caught my wife cheating on me. It really knocked me down for a few months.]
My first wife did that to me too. Took me many years, not months to get normal. She also cleaned me out, stole many fine guns I owned before I met her and I had to live in a world of overtime bondage many years to pay the supports. It also affected my non relationship with our young daughter for many years. I still get mad when I think about it. Thank God, I married a fine woman almost seventeen years younger than me that takes good care of me in my waning years!
Our wedding picture.
https://i.postimg.cc/rmhsHwCq/Merril-Theresa.jpg
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

I've had more than my share of very bad times. That said, many of them were my own fault. And I have to own that. I don't really care to go into the details, but they hurt. Thankfully, many of the bad times had some good times on either side of them. I will just say that I will have a good thought for all those experiencing physical or emotional pain.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Five weeks spent sitting in an ICU room as my son fought for his life with severe complications from intestinal surgery. Praise God, he won the fight, but I would not care to go through it again.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JimT wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 pmIn the worst times of my life Papa God never left me. I didn't always know it at the time, but He was always there. I made it through and am still going, but I know it wasn't my strength that got me through.
Sitting alone, listening to shells hitting outside steel walls... I either bought into all the hyperbole about God and Faith, or went batshit crazy. Then there was the run thru the jungle... and it all ended when I lost 48 years of marriage. Then 69 years of having Mom there for me... Sooner or later I'll get back on the merry-go-round! Just give me a couple more weeks.

Okay, I was ready 11 days ago, then the doc cut my lip off!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Toss up. Watching my strong, young intelligent Dad succumbing to leukemia at 57. Or back when I was a truck driver on 95 in Delaware 0230-0300 ishh a car passed me and another company truck at a high rate of speed. It over turned a ejected an19 year old girl into the highway. In a very ungrateful and swerving way we got both trucks stopped and as we were walking back to the girl laying in the roadway a pickup ran her over. We were close enough to get splattered and I still hear that sound some night guys in my sleep
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: worst time in your life

Post by jeepnik »

JNG wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:20 pm I was a rookie Firefighter, I had to climb two stories to look for folks. Building falling on us. I can not understand

Found her, she livid.
Never again.

Joe
Single story duplex. Two kids. Didn't live. I cried. They were so small.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

JNG wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:20 pm I was a rookie Firefighter, I had to climb two stories to look for folks. Building falling on us. I can not understand

Found her, she livid.
Never again.

Joe

sitting by my wife's bedside, as she slowly died from cancer..... :cry:
Merle from PA
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Urinary catheter hurt so bad that it stopped my heart a couple of times. Broken bones are no issue. I would take a dozen broken bones over 1 catheter. I normally have a pretty high pain tolerance. Catheters are a completely different matter.
D. Brian Casady
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

JimT wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 pm In the worst times of my life Papa God never left me. I didn't always know it at the time, but He was always there. I made it through and am still going, but I know it wasn't my strength that got me through.
Thank You, Mr. Taylor for this reminder of the way it is.

I thought I'd been through some rough times. Sometimes it was my fault and sometimes it was just life following it's course. I've seen life's share of misfortune and death, but I can see some of you gentlemen have been sorely tried, and I've experienced nothing to compare.

I see it like the old adage that "When the Lord closes a door, he opens a window". At least in my simple mind it seems to have played out that way. Too many examples of odd coincidence to go into, but at this juncture, I've really no choice but to believe it.

If you got through it, well done. If you're still in it, keep moving. You will get through it.

My prayers for G_d's mercy and blessings to all of my brothers.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Saw the football player alex karass on a interview. He was asked what was the worst pain he ever had? He answered hemorrhoids! Cracked me up!
I have been plagued with kidney stones. Not fun! No one gets out alive.
Once seen a mother coming out of a driveway with her little daughter on the handlebars. When she hit the street the girl fell off and a passing truck ran over her head! The truck driver and the woman were hanging on to each other over the dead girl both screaming. It was a bad scene. In a CHP magazine I seen a picture of truck driver pinned under his truck with fire all around him. The highway patrolman is standing there in shock while the truck driver has his arm out pleading to the trooper to give him his gun!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

piller wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm Urinary catheter hurt so bad that it stopped my heart a couple of times. Broken bones are no issue. I would take a dozen broken bones over 1 catheter. I normally have a pretty high pain tolerance. Catheters are a completely different matter.
They are awful! Probably had a dozen over the time I was in the hospital. I had chest tubes, feeding tubes and about a half dozen EGDs but the trach was the worst

jb

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Booger Bill wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:27 pm I have been laid up since last may. I broke a hip, got a replacement and fell another three times since and re cracked the hip again. Got both kidneys blasted for stones and just got out of the hospital again. Went into sepsis shock four times about two weeks ago and the doctor told us I almost died. I am on a walker and miss ATVing and shooting. I never thought I would end up like this when young. Years ago God saved me many times in incidents like crashing a plane, being shot at, MC wrecks etc but those incidents were over fast now being recliner bound this last year and having to ride shotgun while my wife drives has been trying. I have been living on the computer on these gun chat sites. Thank God for FOX news, and the western channels.
Will be 79 in April.
Same here Bill, I had a seizure in May that caused my accident,then in Dec. I had another seizure. The state says I can't drive for 6 months.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Hang in there Rusty. Better days are coming for us.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

So much pain in this thread. I don't want to add mine.
God bless you all.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Seems as we all have had bad stuff happen. We are all still alive, and there is still hope. Prayers sent for all of you.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:58 am So much pain in this thread. I don't want to add mine.
God bless you all.
My feelings too.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm Urinary catheter hurt so bad that it stopped my heart a couple of times. Broken bones are no issue. I would take a dozen broken bones over 1 catheter. I normally have a pretty high pain tolerance. Catheters are a completely different matter.
Child's play. Getting the chest tubes pulled and the leads from the temporary pacemaker yanked out. Never gonna do that again. And they had removed the catheter just before so I have a very good frame of reference.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Everyone is different. When I had my chest tubes out hurt, I thought that little doctor lady was dancing on my chest, but when they would yank those catheters out it really hurt. :shock:

jb

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jason: "Three, two one ..." :shock:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 am
Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:58 am So much pain in this thread. I don't want to add mine.
God bless you all.
My feelings too.
me three, God bless you all....

had several near death episodes, but still alive and working full time at 72 years old [ cutting back to 1/2 time starting this summer ]
cable
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:29 pm Jason: "Three, two one ..." :shock:
They always did it on two, though. :?

Hope I never have to go through that again.

jb

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rusty wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:18 am Last May I had an accident on the way to work. Still trying to deal with the after effects.
Me too...some lady hit me at 85mph and flipped my truck...broke my neck

How are you doing?

and I hope everyone else is doing ok
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

One of my Lodge Brothers just had cataract surgery. They put the wrong prescription in one eye and he’s having terrible PTSD terrors welling up from his tours in Vietnam. Never had a PTSD problem before. Neurological issues from bathing in AO but never PTSD. Poor guy can’t function well at all. Hasn’t slept in a month.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Ok I had bladder cancer 10 plus years ago so catheters and I became acquainted. The WORST part of catheter removal pain is....it is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. A urinary catheter is held in place by a fluid filled ballon tip. It ain’t pee, it’s saline from a syringe. The fluid is held in place by a one way valve. Nurse’s try to remove the fluid with the syringe and they can’t get all the fluid out because the rubber tubing collapses. So they yank it out, sorry for yer luck fella. HOWEVER if they would take the extra 20 SECONDS to snip the one way valve off then as the catheter is withdrawn there is no back pressure and the catheter comes out slick as you please with NO PAIN. I explained this to a Urologist who had no idea that it would work. That is now their standard practice. They aren’t going to reuse the blasted thing so who cares if they cut just the one way valve off. But what the hey do I know, just a dumb truck driver, raised I Montana. Who happens to be a NURSE.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well lets see , I have been in two motorcycle wrecks , a couple of car wrecks as well . had a burst appendix with peritonitis that about killed Me at 29 , a shot of morphine every three hours around the clock for seven days, the nurse came in and said I'm running out of places to give You this, and I said then stick it in the top of My head... off of work for three months...I was Finishing up a car repair , it rolled on the jack pinning Me under the rocker panel , only My Wife could hear Me scream and was able to raise the jack enough so I could push Myself out . My Country Doctor who was about 80 at the time said holy stuff when He saw the bruising on My back . I was beaten nearly to death by five country boys simply because I knew the person's they were mad at . My fault as I shouldn't have been there.
In '09 My Mom and two of the Giants in My life all passed in one month , nearly killed Me . My latest is a few years ago after having cataract surgery , had a detached retina in each eye . after one surgery the pressure in My eye was like having a basket ball in there with a headache to match.
The Retina specialist says we have to drain the pressure off. after they numbed My eye I didn't feel that needle in My eye. He was right it sure felt a lot better.
Pray to the Lord for forgiveness and try to be tough as You can . It isn't easy getting old.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My Dad gets injections into his eyes due to Macular Degeneration. If the numbing agent is right, the injection does not bother him. If not numbed right, he says it is having a needle stuck in your eye. They watch everyone closely at that office. The numbing drops have one ingredient that some people will actually commit crimes to get and abuse.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I also get “stabbed in the eye with a sharp needle” every six weeks. It is not painful per se be Brit is disconcerting that some guy is coming at your eyeball with a needle and you’re NOT supposed to beat the Pelosi out of him!👀 Then to add to the enjoyment YOU GET TO PAY DEARLY FOR THE EXPERIENCE.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It would seem to me that going blind would be worse, but getting a needle stuck in your eye can NOT be enjoyable.
D. Brian Casady
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

It was when I was a boy, a pre-schooler, and reached up to touch the rubber rollers of the wringer on the clothes washing machine. I was probably around 3 years old. I remember it catching my fingers, then pulling my arm slowly in, crushing everything to a max thickness of about 1/4" as it hauled me up off the floor and sucked me in. I remember screaming and horrible pain as it slowly crushed its way up my arm, all the fingernails popping off and everything in the arm squelching flat as it rolled. My mom ran into the room and hit the release just as it reached my shoulder. My entire right arm was a crushed, boneless, flat jello-noodle-meat-rag and the doc said I'd never have the use of it again. My memory makes it seem that the pain lasted for months, but it was probably just weeks (which for a little kid seems like years). My mother, who was a pretty new Christian at the time and didn't know a whole lot about God or the Bible, got down on her knees and prayed her heart out for weeks and months, begging God to give me my arm back. God must have answered because the arm healed perfectly with not the faintest sign of any lingering effects. Looking back on my life, there remains a big mountain of pain way back near the beginning in an otherwise rather normal landscape of memory.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

For many people, going to the store(s) to buy toilet paper and not being able to find any. :wink:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Kirk that was a horrible injury ! it truly is a miracle that you have a functioning arm !
cable
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

While I've had some bad times, nowhere near what some of you have had, I tend to not dwell on them and just get on with my life such as it is these days.