The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

Well Sixer, Taurus Gaucho and Heritage Arms (Pietta) are with you and stamp 45 LC on single actions. Ruger, Colt and Iver Johnson (Uberti) just stamp .45 on theirs.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Parker went to play this morning! She found a hen that was just a little too trusting- saves ammo though! I had a new member today, new to hunting/shooting so I did my best to give him the opportunity to shoot first, he didn't hit a thing, Parker did a good job putting up 5 birds i had to shoot 2 of them.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:27 am Well Sixer, Taurus Gaucho and Heritage Arms (Pietta) are with you and stamp 45 LC on single actions. Ruger, Colt and Iver Johnson (Uberti) just stamp .45 on theirs.
Fred...don't get me wrong......as far as "correct terminology" is concerned, there is no "long Colt". Like we previously said, it's "slang". Picture this....the year, 1887 or thereabouts........Joe walks into a hardware store looking for ammo for his Schofield that he stole when he was a trooper......"hey Mr Hardware man, I need a box of 45's for my gun I carried when I was fighting Indians."

The store owner hands him a box of regular 45 Colts for the single action Colt......"no" the customer exclaims, "not those "long" ones, I want the short ones." The customer and the hardware store owner remember this so the next time the hardware store owner makes sure his customer gets the proper ammo by saying, "you want the short ones or the "long" ones? :D ------006

Well Dad, how's it feel being a year older?------your son-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Dad...watching the news.......antifa came in these hotel room lobbies looking for trouble and Trump supporters F them up good....

It's starting ......it all starts with the left causing S.....the right sits back and watches...slowly boiling at the non patriotism......the left wins in a stolen election.........the right now knows they are up against the real thing and their lives are about to be changed because of a radical minority who have left tens of thousands of dead soldiers in their graves to have died in vain..........."oh yea!" ...we will show you who's going to win!!!!!!"

The war is starting.....the straw that broke the camels back has come out from a deep sleep.....----your son, 6

Oh! CONGRATES on your win! Because we are now father and son we don't have to exchange gifts, so I'll keep Griff's Black Rose here.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Here's another tidbit of information.....on the FBI's website, it states that those born under the zodiac sign of Cancer are the most dangerous people .......by far.......I don't think I'm dangerous.... :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sonny Boy ... Cancers - salt of the earth. Scorpios on the other hand, watch out.

OW will have to tell us if this is s dooryard ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey pops.........that's some eye candy for sure......I can picture those legs crushing my ears.

On the other hand it would be impossible to have a normal relationship with something like that.....every guy in the world would be chasing that like a dog in heat.

If you want to happy for the rest of your life you have to marry an ugly woman...or something like that.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:54 pmSonny Boy ... Cancers - salt of the earth. Scorpios on the other hand, watch out.
Doesn't matter where it is... that ain't my yard she's resting from her labors in... 'Sides, who authorized that break from work?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:30 pm
Old Savage wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:54 pmSonny Boy ... Cancers - salt of the earth. Scorpios on the other hand, watch out.
Doesn't matter where it is... that ain't my yard she's resting from her labors in... 'Sides, who authorized that break from work?
Ya know Griff.....if I lived there I'd get a piece of white paper and cut it up in little pieces and throw it all over her yard...then cut a hole in my pocket, sit back and watch.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I go to bed last night, what is that odor? Ok who tinkled on the bed? No that's not it. What smells?! Aw stuff my mattress has sprung a leak! Yup I sleep on water. I sleep like a rock on water, any other kind of mattress I toss & turn, wake up sore. Now I have to pump out all the water, track down a new one. Spent last night on the guest bed in my sleeping bag- yup my neck and shoulder hurt this morning!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Lawn mowing is ok but I prefer a girl who can use a chainsaw . . . :D
bb43c050110eae28214fec8836fc7887.jpg
Sorry to hear about your bed Gunny ....... :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OK, so some good looking girls posed for pictures.

Does anyone still make waterbeds? We used to have one, but PillHer would turn the heat up and sleep so soundly that she once slept 48 hours straight on it. She never once woke op to feed our kids at night. Not once.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:51 amOK, so some good looking girls posed for pictures.

Does anyone still make waterbeds? We used to have one, but PillHer would turn the heat up and sleep so soundly that she once slept 48 hours straight on it. She never once woke op to feed our kids at night. Not once.
I just got rid of mine in late 2018, had it since 1976, replaced the mattress a couple of times. The VA actually paid for mine as at the time it was the only bed offering the type of support they recommended. Just before my wife got sick she finally found a good mattress that fit my waterbed frame.

These guys: The Waterbed Doctor
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 am Lawn mowing is ok but I prefer a girl who can use a chainsaw . . . :D
bb43c050110eae28214fec8836fc7887.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bed Gunny ....... :(
I'm on a "quote" kick! It takes up lots of bandwidth...... :D

I noticed something about English girls...they always seem to have big knockers.......those babies just slapping back and forth.

Oh ..water beds......as far as I'm concerned you made your bed now go sleep in it......having a leak in a water bed and then complaining about it is like the same as living in a dynamite shack and smoking at the same time and then complaining, "hey man, this stupid shack blew up". Be a man! Sleep on shards of glass like I do.....it'll make a man out of you.----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Huh?
What happened to the starling conversation?
I made a post and everything disappeared!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nevermind- wrong place... brain dead i guess( yeah yeah shutup) :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What happened Gunny?.....what did you lose?.....

All that wind yesterday destroyed my Trump banners......had to fix em up today using thin wood slats on the ends.....

I was put there for a good hour and I noticed people stopped beeping the horns.........

WTF!!!!!! Now there's commercials for people who have a curved erection......what the heck is happening to our society? Is it that important to have stuff like this on TV?
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Guess I was having a senior moment! I had made a post about starlings, thought we were talking about it here in the Gun Room- no it was in the Rich people hunting...

That wind was brutal! We were doing more stuff on the deck job, wind hitting us full force all day. I finally went and put on my rain gear just to stop the heat loss.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! All you rocket scientists.......WTF is this S? I found a bag of coins in my safe that I forgot about......got em from my dad and never fooled with them.....been sitting for close to 20 years.

Anyway, most of this stuff is Austrian and is dated from 1893-1908 ....about the same size as our silver dollars...then there's some smaller ones with dates about the same or up to WW1. A few Limey coins too but this earlier pre WW1 stuff is silver.....

The denomination is "Korona"....one korona two, two korona 3,three Korona 4,4 Korona 6..6 Korona 7....

Thinking here...."Korona"....Austrian king Franz Joseph....Korona......shouldn't he be king of Mexico?

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Six, I don't know. I would suggest checking with a numismatic site. $10.00 word for coin collector.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, is that my 136 prize? Thanks I like that!!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:44 pm Six, I don't know. I would suggest checking with a numismatic site. $10.00 word for coin collector.
Ya know something Piller.....I don't care what it is, if the dealer knows you don't know your gonna get robbed, whether it's coins, guns, art, cars, anything antique etc....most of this stuff is silver so it's worth at least that.

Take guns for instance, even a very minor change could make it worth 10 times what a regular one is. I did what most experts do and consulted the internet. :D and found one made in 1908 is worth $150 where the others are worth around $75.(the big ones) so even if you know what they are worth the dealer will give you half, about what they do for guns.

Something is not right with that percentage. It's my (or anyone's) S and they get half of it. I've been in the back room of certain gunshops when stuff came in and I see a $2,000 guns reap $3-500 to the seller. I would raise hell with the dealer/owner and he'd say he had employees to pay, rent....blah...blah...then off he would go and buy a 70K pick up every year and have his vacation house up the mountains remodeled and send Suzy to the best university, not a state one.

Go buy a $10,000 diamond ring and take it back a week later and see how much you get for it.....maybe 2500.

Everyone wants to be a DuPont.....the greed is out of control......
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Fred...go ahead and take it...if you don't someone else will. If I'd have known how screwed up the world was when I was a young man I would have bought a 2 room log cabin upstate and worked at a gas station. All of this energy spent on keeping your head above water just ain't worth it....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Six he would be the president of corona beer!

I've got some old stuff too, Morgan dollars, uncirculated coins sets- only worth what one is willing to take for it. Save those silver coins to make werewolf bullets!

We had light snow last night. I took the girls out about 8 and the deck was white, lawn has some snow. Sure hope I can make some money plowing snow this winter!

Guess FWB hasn't stuck a deer yet...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have NOT.’lost two days to high wind advisory. I am fairly confident fat guys should not be sitting twenty feet off the ground in 40 mph winds. Pictures a lollipop with a wet stem held by the stem at the bottom while shaking side to side. :o
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Geeze a little blow and you are chased outta da woods- what a pansy! :lol:
Yes I can remember a few times getting into my climber, jacking my way up and the wind was howling enough that it felt like the stand was going to fall out from under me.

Was outside again all day. By 930- 10 I put on my carhartt jacket, by noon I put on my carhartt bibs! North wind , working on the north side of the house... nose running the whole day!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If you need to eat, hunt deer while you are up in a tree.

For sport and challenges, be a man and hunt them on the ground. Deer are dumb animals. Yes, dumb. If they can't hear or smell you they will just think your another tree, even a stumpy tree. Makes ZERO sense to hunt in a tree during high winds....you get cold...just keep da wind in yo face....on da ground.

Big racks don't impress me anymore. Back when I did the majority of my hunting it was impressive to get an 8 point and the success percentage was 10%.

My daughter is in her new house and called last night telling us she is feeding a deer that she's calls, "the Grand Master of the Forest"...more points than you can shake a stick at. In my time, deer like that were legends that were rarely seen. Now, they just walk up to the house and look 👀 n the windows to,see what your doing.

Gunny.....yea, cold it be....no snow like you though....here it is pushing 4 in the afternoon and I'm finishing up my 4 eggs and toast. Got to start getting a life.------6....o...da..bro...who submits ONE vote....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here during buck week there is no way you could still hunt, too many guys in the woods and after about 9 am the first day the deer are so terrorized they don't sit still long enough to stalk. Plus the harder ya push em the deeper into the housing developments they go!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea..."deeper into the housing developments".....that's not a laugh......I believe they feel safer around houses.......

Either way, hunting is not hunting as I remember it. It still is upstate in the mountains but those hillbillies keep the deer on their toes...err.hooves.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I forgot to tell you guys...last year when I was playing with the low wall in 32-20 I was testing out some Remington jacketed 100 grain bullets with 231.....I was getting low velocities with a light load of 231 and one of the rounds sounded like a dud so I looked down the barrel and nothing was there and no hole in the target at 50 yards. :D ..yea, that meant the bullet traveled at most 50 yards where I had the target.......so,I got my metal detector and walked and found it 39' from the bench. THAT IS EXTREMELY RARE.....as it will either get stuck in the barrel or will go several hundred yards.

I know, call someone who gives a ....---6

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Interesting.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like that particular load was a little too light.
I've always been leary of light loads more so than heavy. Although I've never found the need to hot rod as usually I find accuracy just about middle of the road charge wise.

Fact! Our deer have learned to move into developments, nice tender landscapes to eat, good wind protection, people don't bother them and no one is shooting at them.

Gonna be a chilly morning again! This morning we are setting rebar in the bottom of a 4' trench- gonna be COLD in that hole!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We may have our Summer heat, but it is in the mid 50s here near Dallas at 7am. Winter typically only lasts 2 weeks here.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Never been to Texas Piller.......so I take it you have mild winters.......it was 25 here last night.......how about you Gunny...what was the low?----6

In Fred's territory it was probably "soft stuff 70".........or "party 75"......or "cruising 65" ......or "golf course 80".....all with sunshine of course.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ya know i didn't look at the thermo this morning but it was 21 on my truck thermo when I got to the job !

I've never been to Texas either- one of the female game wardens on Lone Star Law sure is cute- make me want to poach a deer! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It does not get below freezing very often here.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:09 amWe may have our Summer heat, but it is in the mid 50s here near Dallas at 7am. Winter typically only lasts 2 weeks here.
Yea, and I'm tired of it already!

But... today I'm getting ready to run the new electrical cable out to the barn! Had 3 guys the last few days making repairs to roof of barn, and getting one of my sliding doors to work again. Today, I'm digging out a tree stump that should be right about where the old cable goes into the barn... Monday the guys will be back to replace several of the posts that hold up the overhang on both the north & south sides of the barn. Also, the corner post in the "shop" part of the barn... seen some termite damage, the only place I've found any. This post is set in the ground and has sunk a little. The floor (concrete) of the shop was placed around the post, no support.

Got the preliminary work done. Have a clear lane to dig the trench tomorrow. Have to buy a new panel, (the old one is some 40-45 years old). Maybe by tomorrow nite I'll have electicity in the reloading shop and the barn!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah ok, 40-50 years old explains it- not pressure treated posts. Up here in frost country we have to pour a concrete footing at a minimum of 36" deep or use a 12" cardboard builder tube poured full of concrete then a post base of galvanized steel for all posts. Lally columns too but the steel casing does rust away over time.

Try to find yourself some boric acid based insect control spray- then dose all the wood along the ground. No more termite problems and safe for people and pets. I mean REALLY SOAK IT !

About freezing here but crystal clear this morning, a forecasted high of around 50 this afternoon. Gonna be warm for the weekend, too warm for the dogs to hunt, gonna have to make it a quick hunt!

I found on the Alliant site load data for the 28 using green dot, gotta try a few - 12 lbs of green dot to use and not much other powders available as everything seems to be out of stock everywhere I've checked.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey where did everybody go?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On the road from Sequoia National Park to Yosemite. Check in Monday

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Weeeell, my life just got more interesting. The house where I have been staying for the last week has three people that tested positive for the VID today. Rats! I have a hacking cough and will be tested at 10:30 tomorrow. Did I say RATs?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Uh oh Tom ! Sure hope you are not + for the crud!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I very highly suspect that I am ,unfortunately
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What do you mean, "the house where you have been staying"....your house or a crack house?

After taking a train to a destination the crew will get in a company van to go home. Last week in the van there was one guy who was coughing and gagging.....he tested positive the next day.......my son, with a couple of other guys was in this van and talking to the guy......he tested negative. My son takes all kinds of vitamins, eats fresh food, rides mountain bikes.

The real reason he didn't catch it is because he has good genes.....no inbred shanty Irish in our blood......

People who's ancestors come from islands usually have bad genes and easily develop diseases. These same people almost always get the Hawaiian disease, "lackanooky". Old Savage will never get that living in California.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I stay with a buddy of mine and hunt his 580 acers
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Turns out I do have reception. We had a room at a lodge that closed after one night of a three night stay in Sequoia Nat'l Park. So ... they gave us a cabin complumentary with two bed rooms and a kitchen in Yosemite 3 1/2 hrs away. It also has a fire place and some goodies.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....that tree would supply me with enough firewood for 236 years or until I die, whichever comes first.

Huge..incredible. ...I'd love to see one of those...how far from you?--6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

In the Army, I knew a couple of soldiers who got the Russian disease. Rotchakokoff. You don't want it. They screamed when they went to the restroom. They got it from trying to cure the Hawaiian disease in the bars.

Just sharpened PillHer's Buck ProLine 120 General. It is a Cabela's exclusive that Buck says they will sharpen for free. I sharpened it for her. Notebook paper looks like shredded coconut after testing it for sharpness. I shaved my face a little with it. Not too bad. She still gives me the "I don't remember buying it. I just have it" line. Sounds like she wanted one and went and got it. A woman with a big knife probably means business.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, about 4 hrs driving time little over 200-miles. There are a lot of very big trees that look like that in the area. 275 ft tall but the top is dead so it won't get taller. But adds bulk ever year. 109 ft circumference, largest tree in volume in the world but not the tallest.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So it is always other people that perpetuate sickness because they don't stay home . Doesn't matter if it's a cold or flu or now covid- just stay in your own home when sick!

Tom I hope you get the resvidimir! Talk about ironic- you walk into all those nursing homes that are infected but you go hunting and catch it. Keep us posted! Six I hope your son doesn't get it!

I saw redwoods when I was a young kid, don't remember much other than they were BIG! Six you might need a bigger saw! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!