The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Griff »

Was supposed to get up to 63º here yesterday... I saw 61º when I went grocery shopping around 4pm. I got the New Holland out of the barn and rummaged thru the two burn piles for any "foreign" items that found their way in... the with the JD disc'd the ashes and such into the ground spreading it out, found a few big pieces that hadn't burned completely, put them out on the other two burn piles... Yes... I cut down a LOT of trees... They completely surrounded my barn... now they're gone!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've not done cerocoat , but I think you are thinking it will not stick and I agree! If it were me I'd D&T the barrel or get the base tac welded on all 4 corners.
Had a guy in school put together a P14 a 22/303- action was so hard it would not take threads! He tried to spot anneal- nope! Finally he just got a slightly oversize carbide drill for the 3rd time after breaking 2 carbide tap drills and set the screws in crazy glue- it worked !
Get to the job, not plowed! Break out the shovels!!

Griff for the WIN! A gross of bottle rockets are on the way! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well...sunshine for a change.....

Well, I'm just a back yard gunsmith with nothing more than a screwdriver and a 30 oz. hammer but I'd never trust any kind of an expoxy for an important part like a mount.....figure the expansion and contacting from heat along with wicked vibrations from gunshots would weaken it with time.

But I'm just guessing as I have zero training.

I like Gunny's idea with a 4 point spot weld.

When it's done, can I have it? ----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Epoxy, accuraglass are great products BUT there are things they are designed to do and things that they aren't for!
Tac welds on a ' sporterized' surplus is just fine if ya ask me.
Heck even silver solder would be fine except for the heat you have to make to get silver solder to flow. Cherry red heat will cause the bore to scale up.

Heck I use everything from 4oz up to 4 lbs hammers! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't know. It isn't something I came up with on my own. These things have been around for about twenty years. While I haven't done one personally, a lot of people seem to have good luck with them.
I built one for myself out of an 03A3 about ten years ago. I used bases sized and lapped to the barrel, then drilled and tapped. However, I had access to the equipment I needed. Now I don't.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay...what kind of equipment do you need?.....your a machinist...believe Brownells sells the jigs so you can use a simple drill press..

Cutting down the barrel...send it to me...I have a cut off wheel out in the garage. That's as fancy as I get....well, I might hold the barrel in my hand, turn on the grinder, and spin it around to take off the burrs.:D

Or maybe I should just shut up....

On a serious note......thinking about it....it's a LOT of work and time and what's the payoff? With age comes the ability to foresee everything that's involved and ya got better and more fun things to do..........

I just got out of the shower and after getting all spruced up I walked out to the wood stove and threw my underwear in the fire...mom says, "what's going on wit dat?" Me, "MYOFB" :D walking Miss Apple today wore me out and as I was picking her up to cross the creek I had a shart....... :D ---------Jay Bird...six's bro and I de. o..da..bro..wit ma, dats my sista...sheeeeeeeeeet.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Forgot to award Griff his prize for page 144. Because he is such a jolly old fellow, we are going to award him 144 guns with two 0's on the back end......

Most need a little TLC but your handy.......last weeks customer returns from Rossi. :D

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

UPS finally dropped off the new to me perazzi!
So as I thought, the barrel fitting was mostly a new locking bolt to be fit. Not knowing exactly what was involved i sent it out for the work. Now I know. Not only did he fit the barrels but he fixed a crack in the forend, replaced FP springs, ejector springs, ejector spring sears, the bridles , stamped the serial number on the barrels and polished/ reblued the parts he fit. Above and beyond what I expected to be done BUT when dealing with Giacomo sporting you get treated like a king!

I dont doubt the epoxy/ accuraglass will hold under normal circumstances but on Kodiak Island im not sure id be all that trusting with a 800 lbs brown bear breathing down my neck!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:56 pm Forgot to award Griff his prize for page 144. Because he is such a jolly old fellow, we are going to award him 144 guns with two 0's on the back end......

Most need a little TLC but your handy.......last weeks customer returns from Rossi. :D

That looks like my local dealer on a slack day, that's why I end up with so many cheap guns... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:56 pmForgot to award Griff his prize for page 144. Because he is such a jolly old fellow, we are going to award him 144 guns with two 0's on the back end......
Ya know Six... that after I get done with those, they'll probably sell for around $350 each.... you do the math... maybe then I can retire like a certain forklift driver!!!! :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...you and I both..there's a lot of good guns in there .....
Believe it's from the Australian gun buy back.

Look at this picture...look at the Garands.... ....gotta love those Teamsters...honest days work for and honest days wages....we let the trash from other countries in and it's all history.....I was born at the right time....and so were you. :D

Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Which one of you no good so and so’s came to my house and STOLE my last tin of 45 gas checks? I KNOW they were here. Dagnabbit. Jay were you in Pa lately?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 pmWhich one of you no good so and so’s came to my house and STOLE my last tin of 45 gas checks? I KNOW they were here. Dagnabbit. Jay were you in Pa lately?
Ahhh quit yer snivelin'! Just take a ½ punch, and punch out a bunch of wads from your old waxed paper milk cartons!!! Work just as well!! :P :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

First, I don’t have a 1/2 inch punch and B, what’s a milk carton?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 pmFirst, I don’t have a 1/2 inch punch and B, what’s a milk carton?
:lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 pm Which one of you no good so and so’s came to my house and STOLE my last tin of 45 gas checks? I KNOW they were here. Dagnabbit. Jay were you in Pa lately?
I'm right here at home. I ain't doin no thievin down there! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 pm Which one of you no good so and so’s came to my house and STOLE my last tin of 45 gas checks? I KNOW they were here. Dagnabbit. Jay were you in Pa lately?
I got em! I didn't take them.....Jay stopped over to bs and said he needed to drop something off so I told him to do what he had to do......he had his big coat on....NOW, it all comes together......he left something downstairs and left with something so I wouldn't notice the bulge.

He left these....

And I'm missing this....that's ok, it's just some junk made in 1917

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I've decided I'm never going to comment on any persons guns ever again. I might say "nice" and that's as far as it going to get.---006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What ya need those gas checks for- you supposed to be pouring round balls!? :lol:
So ya don't want to comment on my new to me Perazzi? Why cuz it is Italian? Do I have to post pics?
Well no birds this weekend, the snow forecast caused minor panic- plow guy wasn't sure he was going to get there in time. Well he did , the birds were canceled and the forecast was WRONG! However it is cold this morning, 19 degrees!

Must be chilly in the kitchen this morning
20201219_064910.jpg
The girls are sharing body heat!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 pm
I got em! I didn't take them.....Jay stopped over to bs and said he needed to drop something off so I told him to do what he had to do......he had his big coat on....NOW, it all comes together......he left something downstairs and left with something so I wouldn't notice the bulge.

He left these....

And I'm missing this....that's ok, it's just some junk made in 1917

Nice. :D

Haha couldn't resist. Man! That thing is beautiful. Can't believe I missed it before.
I don't think I've ever had 45 gas checks. I don't use them a lot. If I do it's usually for 38-55, 357, or 44.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:00 am What ya need those gas checks for- you supposed to be pouring round balls!? :lol:
So ya don't want to comment on my new to me Perazzi? Why cuz it is Italian? Do I have to post pics?
Well no birds this weekend, the snow forecast caused minor panic- plow guy wasn't sure he was going to get there in time. Well he did , the birds were canceled and the forecast was WRONG! However it is cold this morning, 19 degrees!

Must be chilly in the kitchen this morning 20201219_064910.jpg

Gunny,
The boys here are exceptions.....I don't take to too many people as I've always kept my inner circle small...and close.

Your Perazzi is nice....the dogs are nicer!

JAYSTER......Thank you my friend....AND I want to comment on your son's video in Alaska...."nice" :D Oh what the hell...VERY NICE! That was neat flying around like that with all the cool equipment.....then at the end your "twin" showed up....you must be proud of him.......(show those videos here.....mom showed it to me on that stupid communist thing called "FaceStalin".)----6. O...de nobody...
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

In order to obtain interest that leads to sustainability the trick to anything, whether it's a firearms manufacturer, discussion forum, marriage, job, you kids, your life in general....is to incite thought provoking narratives whether you agree with the author or not. :D

So I say here, unequivocally, Rossi firearms are NICE!----6. Go Old Savage!
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Major Hession eh? That looks very nice! Is that the 44 special you have mentioned before? can I have it-PLEASE

Well I spent the morning smithin, took that Mossberg 151M apart, polished the feed ramp, hope that will cure the feeding issue. Also took the front sight apart, has 4 different spring loaded posts- got each to actually move individually AND lock in place. The rear peep is neat , it turns 90° out of the way. Also a grooved receiver. Pretty nice gun!
Then I got to working on the Perazzi. Im either going to cut the stock or I have to drive to Rome (ny){ after covid is over} to get fitted/ try different stocks. This is pitched too high for me- i like my guns to shoot 50/50 or 60/40 at most- this is probably 80/20 if not higher! I dont like to 'float' a target.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Friend & I went out to Bowie, TX to attend a 3-stage charity match for their local food drive before Christmas. This would normally be the Saturday we shoot Wild Bunch, but... the range owner thought the food bank drive was more important. And maybe it was! Anyway... 1st stage I had my 3rd shot from the pistol go "pop" very faintly... yep, squib, lodged in barrel. The day I must admit went decidedly uphill from there! This was from the last batch of ammo before sending my Dillon back for repairs on Dec 5th!

Guess what was sitting outside my garage when we got back?
If you guessed some of OS' "soft stuff"... you're wrong!

And inside that nifty white box as a new as the day was born Dillon 550C!!!

I mean really... they didn't receive my old one until the 10th! I talked to them on Wednesday and they said they didn't know what was done to it... just that the repair order had been closed and was supposed to be shipped back... Well... I know what the did... they slapped a label on the box with a brand new 550C and shipped it off! I don't know about you guys... but I feel I made a VERY good decision back in 1987 when I purchased their then new 550B!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dillon is fantastic about warranty stuff!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:02 pmDillon is fantastic about warranty stuff!
I didn't even tell ya the BEST part!!!

:D :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Exactly !!

I have a 550 and an SL900. Ive had parts go bad and they always make good with a simple phone call. Couple years ago I lost one of those white plastic spacer things that goes into the charge bar. I called, they sent me a replacement. As I'm opening the package I dropped it and without missing a beat Parker had it and she crunched it- puppies will be puppies. I called Dillon back and the same guy I spoke to answered again. Wait didn't I just send you one of those? I had to tell him what happened- he was laughing and said he would send a few this time- 6 is a few in Arizona I guess.
I did try to buy a stripped SL900, keep 1 set for 12 ga, 1 for 28ga , they wouldn't sell a stripped press. I have everything but the BLUE painted stuff...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lee has given great customer cervice to me. Glad to know that Dillon is just as good or even better with customer service.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:20 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:00 am What ya need those gas checks for- you supposed to be pouring round balls!? :lol:

Must be chilly in the kitchen this morning 20201219_064910.jpg

Gunny,
The boys here are exceptions.....I don't take to too many people as I've always kept my inner circle small...and close.

Your Perazzi is nice....the dogs are nicer!

JAYSTER......Thank you my friend....AND I want to comment on your son's video in Alaska...."nice" :D Oh what the hell...VERY NICE! That was neat flying around like that with all the cool equipment.....then at the end your "twin" showed up....you must be proud of him.......(show those videos here.....mom showed it to me on that stupid communist thing called "FaceStalin".)----6. O...de nobody...
Thank you buddy. Yes, we are very proud of him. He has seen and done an incredible amount of things for such a young age. He was the one on the hoist in the video. They have lowered him into some incredible places up there. The USCG chopper pilots are in a class by themselves. Best of the best. The CH60's the CG has are a suped up version with Incredible power. Even still, I worry with him working from helicopters. Especially in Alaska. I will post up some pics soon.

We had a busy day today. Kristy belongs to a volunteer group called Shepherds Beyond Borders. They find homes or re-home Shepherds in need of one. They transport them in relays, sometimes all the way across the country. We gave "Junie" a ride today. She is 6 months old. What a great pup. We would have brought her home. Somebody got a great dog. She came right up front and curled up in Kristy's lap. Stayed there the whole trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good for you Griff!
That is what I love about Dillon. What a class act company. My 550 is about as old as yours was. Still going strong.
Lightning got the power cord on my Determinator digital scale one time. I called them and the guy laughed when I gave him the model number. He said that was the very first version they made. He said he wasn't sure they had a cord. I asked, "what do I do in that case?" He said they would send a new scale. They did have a cord though.
Quality matters!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

44 Russian....one of 153 out of 357,000 and made in 1907 and owned by the Marine Corps top shooter.....(at the time)...Major Hession was a well known person in both the military and the civilian world......I didn't know about the ownership until after I had the gun lettered. There was a typo in the spelling of his name on the letter and the NRA told me how to make sure by going into the census records and individual history of the person or persons involved and where they lived at the time.....leaves no doubt ....it's my holy grail...a highly collectable gun in a rare caliber, with provenance all all wrapped up with high condition is a hard thing for anyone to find, let alone a peon forklift driver....same exact scenario with the triple lock target in 44 Spl happened...lettered to the owner of some yacht company that made boats for America Cup..some Captian dude...

Think big, you get big...think small, you get Rossi's. :D hey, ya like dat?

Post the cool pictures of your boy here...I like to see that military stuff.......and my hat is off to Kristy....that's what I call true human love for animals which is an extremely rare commodity in a world where NFL football players are throwing dogs in the ring and the Chinese are eating them. Thank her for us....and you for supporting her.

And to the Master Gunny...can't help ya but you'll figure it out and getting the Perazzi up and running. That technical stuff is way over my head, only owning a screwdriver and a 30 oz hammer....and it's a ball peen at that.

It's amazing what you can do with the proper tools.-----6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My nephew just recently adopted a female white shepherd, from down south & found pregnant. The foster home kept her long enough to whelp and raise the puppies. I haven't met the dog yet, he lives in Connecticut. Seems any dog that is rescued is just elated & happy as all get out!

Yeah Six I'll get the gun up & running- heck it's ready to go now. In this case the stock is pitched up for me, it also has an adjustable comb which I despise! I've got other Perazzi stocks but the Comp 1 is different enough that the stock inletting is not correct. Might just cut this one.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Shoveling snow with daddy is hard work.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I do that too........without the shoveling. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure thats not an eggnog induced nap? Oh wait that would be Dad !:lol:
Great picture !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Did another transport today. Hadn't done one in months, now 2 in a weekend. We had errands down in Augusta anyway, and it was a chance for Kristy to visit with an 8wk old pup.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That is good juju OW! Getting a puppy to his new home in time for Christmas! Gonna be one happy kid!! :D

Well just made a pot of Daves Gastronomical Bean Delight! 5 different kinds of beans, ground beast, bacon, bbq sauce, spices & herbs. Let simmer a couple hours , enjoy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, stories ... I wrote Mike Dillon a letter back when they published a tabloid sized Blue Press type monthly. I was interested in the combat pistol shooting but getting one of the race guns was hard. So in the letter I said great that Rob Letham can shoot El Presidente in whatever with one of those guns but what could he do with plain Springfield like in my drawer.

So ... Mike wrote in his monthly Fred wrote me with .

So ... he had Rob and one of his other shooters shoot s series of stages with each gun. And guess what, sometimes the Springfield won. ;-)

Now, on to the America's Cup yacht. Here is a picture of yours truly at the helm of the Abbracadabra sailing it in San Diego Bay.

Surely this makes my Rossi Trapper more in with the in crowd ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been on a sailboat once, but the America's Cup race is a whole different level of skill from what my friend had. Sort of like the the difference in a Formula 1 driver and the next driver you see on an Interstate.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dave's gastronomical bean delight
20201220_175310.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I would have to add some jalapeños to that. It does look good. A side of cornbread would be great with it. Just stick a hose up yer tail end and fill up the LNG tank on a city vehicle afterwards. Might make those low emissions vehicles have some odd emissions for a while.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Piller- corn bread is always a part of DGBD! The beauty of this is add what ya want. My college buddy, Dave shared the recipe with us and all of us have seasoned it different, added to it and changed it.
I always made it for fish camp in Quebec- was very musical in the cabin !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Six asked for some pics of my boy's adventures in Alaska. I know he wanted "work pics", but I thought I'd start with a couple off topic hunting pics from this past fall. His buddy is from Utah (he was in the CG video too) that he is hunting with. They hiked about 7 miles back in and are hunting above tree line for blacktails. My kid is using his pre 64 model 70 Supergrade in .270.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya Jay...that boy of yours sure has good taste in firearms.......no junk for him! A Supergrade above the tree line? In all those rocks?

What's the weather like in that area? Are the winters nasty? I've heard the southern part of Alaska is mild.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room XLV

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....most top national level experts in competition are usually separated by thousandths of a second.....that's about all a true expert can gain between a $300 Norinco and a $5000 custom race gun.

I wish you'd stop talking about Rossi's being in with the "in crowd" .....what kind of "in crowd", the ones huddled around a 55 gallon drum with a fire going?.. :D I knew you'd like dat one...

Fred...this is a REAL TRAPPER....came from Australia .....

Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:32 pm I tell ya Jay...that boy of yours sure has good taste in firearms.......no junk for him! A Supergrade above the tree line? In all those rocks?

What's the weather like in that area? Are the winters nasty? I've heard the southern part of Alaska is mild.---6
I know! That's what I was thinking too. :shock:
I guess old dad is more of a wussy with his guns haha. :D

It varies wildly. Some winters are fairly mild, without extreme cold. Others.....not so much. Last winter was bad. Dead deer everywhere. I saw several piles of bones just in our travels this past summer.
When he was there before, the winter of 2012 was bad too. They had 12 feet of snow.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

These are a couple of a small boat they use to get to some places they don't need the CH60 for. They also use it to train new guys.
You can see my kid working hard with his feet up when he took one of the pics.
Normally, I wouldn't have bothered with this, but there is a story......
Last year, this boat was out of Kodiak harbor doing some work, and was returning about 7pm in the dark. My son normally would have been there but was out with the chopper (this is another example of why he is called cockroach).
The Navy keeps a seal team on Kodiak, and they were out with one of their stealth speedboats on a training maneuver.
The CG boat was returning to harbor. They were running at speed, with their lights, in the shipping lanes, with their radar and instruments manned. The seal boat was stopped dead in the water, broadside in the middle of the shipping lane,with no lights, knowing they have no radar signature.

BAM!!!!!
The CG boat ran into it hard. The seal team was all seriously hurt. One had to be choppered to Anchorage and almost died. It did millions in damage to the stealth boat and almost sunk it. The CG personnel had mostly minor injuries with I think one broken bone. It did 750k in damage to the boat. It returned under it's own power.
There was a big "investigation", which is a joke, because the seals were clearly in the wrong. The USCG has a fairly good understanding of US maritime rules and operations.
But the seals can't look like they did wrong. They investigate until it's old news, then sweep it under the rug.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My dad said he hated the cold the older he got...I agree...the other night it got down to 18 and before I went to bed I had to go out to the garage to get something and it was COLD in my long Jays......must be in your blood from a lifetime of living in Maine.

I'm watching the British during ww2 in Africa. ...baaadddd dudes the SAS were...they were using those fugly enfields.

Gunny is probably tucked away in bed, all snuggled up with his furry buddies. .....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

MILLIONS in damage? To a stealth boat? WTF is a stealth boat, a rubber raft with stealth abilities is worth millions?

On the subject how many seal teams are there? Like, is there a Seal Team 492?---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You get used to the cold. People can get used to anything. Thats why there are so many of us. :D
Cold doesn't bother me really. What gets you is wind. If step out and it's 10 below, it doesn't feel bad at all. Put a 5mph wind on it, and sucks the heat right out of you.